Bi-xenon bulbs (D3S)

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
So I think my xenon bulbs are near the end of their life spans, the passenger one almost looks more like a halogen than a xenon, but I assume they have been in the car since new.

Going to buy a new pair, would you go 4300k or 5000k?

I went for 6000k and on start up they are a touch blue but after a couple mins they go white but if I were to buy again I would go for 5000k

Don't buy cheap non-branded ones either, they're crap and won't last.

Spend proper money on Philips or Osram's, they're dearer but thats the price you pay for the privilege of having xenons!

Reactions: s3_trev, V6 Quatt, Gaz170 and 1 other person
I don't want my xenons to be bluer than the LEDs so would I be better with 5000k?

I had 5000k before Aaron and they are a nice white light!

Shaun you change them after or you still have 5000k? Don't suppose you would have any pics ?

Just realised your car is brilliant red, you said they were the same colour, mines misano lol

4800k & 5000k alot brighter than oem either of them is perfect choice but as darren said don't buy no rubbish or unbranded

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Don't think you can get 4800k gaz lol think I'll be going for the 5000k, anyone any ebay links to good bulbs?

Maybe you can chap philips xtreme vision or try ecp £107 :p

personal preference chap not a lover of the 6000k too blue for me even when on awhile

4800k will be alot brighter white light than oem
5000k had these on the last car where perfect never felt the need to use full beam even down country roads

You start losing useable light and in time they will change to pink or just stop.[/QUMind

My car is on 144K and the bulbs still look bright to me. Bulbs could have been changed before I got the car mind.
What r the upgrade options? Hid?

You need D3S bulbs. Philips or Osram 4300k.

You don't need a HID kit as you already have HID headlights.

To be fair, my Saab had factory xenons with D1S bulbs and i bought 2 bulbs off ebay from hids direct i think it was, 30 noop for the pair and they lasted me well over a year, so i wouldnt say the unbranded ones are useless

Ordered a set of 5000k off xenonbulbs.co.uk, fitted them last night.

Not sure what to make of them, I mean they are still very subtle. A lot whiter than my halogen fogs but they sort of have a slight green hue off them, rather than the blue/purple hue I was after.

Regret not going for 6000k now

I'll get some pics up if I can find my camera lead lol

Hmm strange green hue from 5000k
Pity you didn't have a branded 5000k one handy check difference

Last edited:
Couple of quick pics, comparison to the halogen fog lights

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426389147600620

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426389157592431