BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

My long awaited 'Big S4 Detail'. I actually finished on Thursday, but my proffered photo location was not available till today

This is my most thorough Detail to date, so here goes -

I asked the supplying Dealer the following requests when I knew the car had been delivered to the Uk

1. When the car is delivered to the Dealership can the white transit plastic film be removed (which I believe it has to be as part of the PDI), but otherwise do not touch it at all. No washing or any prep work of any sort
2. Can the car be supplied with 'normal' number plates. NOT the one's with the light blue EU flash at the ends
3. Can the number plates be stuck on with sticky pads and NOT screwed on
4. NO Dealer stickers in the rear window.
The Salesperson was great & followed all my requests. At collection, the car was in the 'no public access' part with signs in all the windows for the Dealership valeters not to touch the car
This is how I collected my new S4 -

zWiU1c6.jpg

AHoWKK5.jpg

The only mark I have found, to date, is a small scratch on the rear bumper which was easy enough to correct

Below is the process I went through –

Removed all the remaining transport film/cardboard from the exterior and interior

Snow foamed twice with CarChem super snow foam
2 bucket wash with lambswool mitt & a strong mix G3 Detox shampoo
Wheel arches cleaned with APC
Paintwork de-tarred with AF ObliTARarte
Paintwork decontaminated with CP Iron-X
All the wheels decontaminated with ObliTARate and Iron-X
Clayed all panels and glass using BH auto clay soft
Coat of AF Rejuvenate applied with a MF pad as a pre-wax cleanser
Coat of Prima Amigo applied a MF pad
2 x coats Obsession Wax Hybrid 86 applied with a damp Meguairs foam applicator
Exterior window rubbers and door mirrors treated with Werkstat acrylic glos
2 x coats of Planet Polish wheel seal and shine applied to the wheels
Tyres dressed with Meguairs endurance tyre gel
Exhaust tips cleaned and sealed with Britemax twins
Door & boot shuts treated with AF Tripple
Under bonnet cleaned with APC then all the plastics treated with Gtechniq C2V3 and the painted surfaces treated with AF Tripple
Interior surfaces cleaned with a mild APC then treated with a coat of Werkstat satin prot
Interior glass cleaned with CP Eraser
Interior mats treated with Gtechniq I1
Exterior glass cleaned with AG glass polish, then CP Eraser then 2 x coats of Angelwax H2GO rain repellent applied to windscreen & rear window & 1 coat to the remaining exterior glass

As usual for my Details, no ‘in progress’ photo’s, just the ‘completed’ ones

d6uubWV.jpg

cIUIXLo.jpg

talVTsg.jpg

qLmFIvS.jpg

ZRALz97.jpg

iURUka3.jpg

5CL8PIx.jpg

OmG6gmg.jpg

DsCbxis.jpg

NlVWD77.jpg

Wj5A0sr.jpg

cZVtYpR.jpg

5N5b2y9.jpg

acjaP1E.jpg

36CuLWL.jpg

ndKDPoj.jpg

FpnK6GT.jpg

xnCctiO.jpg

Reactions: Raiden, Jassyo06, Schuey and 10 others
O4SlooX.jpg

0rQIHbT.jpg

zwnzYTM.jpg

5nSCrG6.jpg

Total time spent doing this Detail – approx. 16 hours

PS Your only allowed 20 pics in each post, hence this additional post

Reactions: Raiden, Jassyo06, AndyB-S3 and 12 others
Er, wow!!

Looks the dogs dangly bits mate ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Looking amazing, as we all knew it would!

No protection applied to the alcantara?

I'll be making similar requests to my supplying dealer when the A4 is finally built...!

Looks lovely mate but.....those carpets need some stripes or is that my OCD now?!

Looking great and not surprising given the effort you have put into it. Loving the Sepang.
You mention doing the window rubbers and exterior mirrors with Werkstat, what did you apply to the rest of the black exterior trim down each side?
The reason I ask is that the RR I just sold had a lot of black trim and I was never very happy with anything I put on it.

Great work, Col. It looks magnificent. I could never match that with my own efforts, so will be paying a professional to do it for me.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
Er, wow!!

Looks the dogs dangly bits mate ;)
Cheers Simon :)
Looking amazing, as we all knew it would!

No protection applied to the alcantara?

I'll be making similar requests to my supplying dealer when the A4 is finally built...!
No, nothing on the alcantara .. at the mo ;)
:dogface:Beautiful BH :nogarors4: :wub:
Cheers BW :)
Looks lovely mate but.....those carpets need some stripes or is that my OCD now?!
@Schuey - Cheers Schuey :)
The interior pics were taken before the mats have been treated.& yes will have the lawnmower stripes in ;) :)
Looking great and not surprising given the effort you have put into it. Loving the Sepang.
You mention doing the window rubbers and exterior mirrors with Werkstat, what did you apply to the rest of the black exterior trim down each side?
The reason I ask is that the RR I just sold had a lot of black trim and I was never very happy with anything I put on it.
@alxce - Thanks Alex :)
Haven't used anything on the piano black trims yet, but I'm leaning toward using Sonax BSD which I have used before on exterior black piano trims
:hubbahubba:
Lovely... :wub:
It's going to be a long wait for mine :nogarors4:
Cheers Phil :)
Great work, Col. It looks magnificent. I could never match that with my own efforts, so will be paying a professional to do it for me.
Thanks Jeff :)
SWMBO says I have too much time on my hands ... as if!

Reactions: Blackwhite
Looks sharp BH. Nice work indeed.
This week I have managed to treat mine to a nice top coat of squashed bugs, pollen, and tree sap :)

:sign wow: Amazing results and such attention to detail, great work Col. The motor is looking gorgeous!

Phwoarrr....
That's tidy BH, it's like Claudia Schiffer.... how long could I lick it without being slapped...!

:box:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Bristle your new baby looks really good.
Could you have a look at your tyre pressures label and tell me what pressures are listed for 255/35 x 19

@wild westie PSI for 255/35/19 as per door sticker on 2015 S4 saloon is :

light load : F36/R33
full load : F41/R41

That is with a 96Y XL tyre.

Reactions: wild westie
Ah relief, don't mind me, I'm just glad to be on a thread with no mention of RS3 :scared2:

Car looks lovely BH, how's it holding up performance wise?

Ah relief, don't mind me, I'm just glad to be on a thread with no mention of RS3 :scared2:

Car looks lovely BH, how's it holding up performance wise?
Cheers Schuey! :)
'Tis very 'nimble' the S4 ;)

Outstanding as I expected BH. Can I have her when you go on holiday? I promise to keep her clean!! :rock::rock::rockwoot:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
Outstanding as I expected BH. Can I have her when you go on holiday? I promise to keep her clean!! :rock::rock::rockwoot:
Thanks Scott! :)

I'll give you a ring next time I'm away ... ;) lol

Reactions: Scottyg
Very nice! I'll be over the moon if I can get mine half as good as that.

Does look awesome @Bristle Hound .. now get out and put some miles on her and let us know your thoughts on the driving experience.

I'm interested in the differences with ADS, as I feel the modes in the S3 aren't that distinctive. For example I got in my car this morning and after 1/2 mile had to check what mode I was in. Turned out to be comfort. I wish they were more pronounced tbh.

Very nice! I'll be over the moon if I can get mine half as good as that.
Thanks Nick :)
Does look awesome @Bristle Hound .. now get out and put some miles on her and let us know your thoughts on the driving experience.
Cheers buddy & will do :)
I'm interested in the differences with ADS, as I feel the modes in the S3 aren't that distinctive. For example I got in my car this morning and after 1/2 mile had to check what mode I was in. Turned out to be comfort. I wish they were more pronounced tbh.
Will keep you posted

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
You know what would be cool, If in Efficent mode the MMI turned Green, In Comfort it turned blue and for Dynamic Red.

@Bristle Hound Car is looking fantastic fella. Looking forward to your review :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Bristle Hound, Keef and 2 others
Awesome idea @Lastkill21 - maybe dynamic should also bring up the oil temperature, remove the suggested gear change, or change the red line colours or something like that .. I guess a bit like the Lexus LFA

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Lastkill21 and Keef
@Lastkill21
Decided to go out for a meal last night with SWMBO last night and combine an extended drive in the S4
The roads were mainly country B roads that I used to ride a lot when I had a moto sickle's

So after our meal, which was rather nice I must say, it was time for a play

Been using auto on ADS for a lot, so changed it over to comfort as the roads were pretty crap.Transformed the ride completely IMO. The car felt more like an SE in this mode. After around 60 miles of these roads, which I must say were made easy to drive my S4 being S-tronic, it was time to have a play in dynamic mode. ****** hell! It transforms the car completely! The noise, the seemless rush of speed is very addictive lol
I like the way the s-tronic holds onto the gesrs into the corners and roundabouts. Great feature for pushing on
Didn't play with the efficiency mode. Didn't buy an S4 for that!

The gear changes with the s-tronic are seamless. I can't really tell when its changing gear at lower speeds unless I watch the revs/dash indicator

Brakes are getting there. Not quite fully bedded in yet. The calibration of the quattro must be different to my 2009 B8 A4 as the S4 seems to drive different under throttle in corners, unless its the new car thing

B&O sound system is awesome, especially in DSP surround mode. Considering I have the 'basic' bluetooth interface, its surprsingly feature packed

I'm itching to use launch control, but I'm going to wait until I hit 1000 miles

Everyone who has seen my S4 loves the colour, but WTF why do they feel the need to put their greasy hands on my paintwork!

Did around 120 miles last night & I wasn't watching the mpg as I'm still on my free petrol, but surprised to see I got 26.9mpg on the DIS, considering I had a mess around in dynamic mode

So far, so much fun!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, scotty76, ERBY and 7 others
Great write-up BH :dogface:. I am glad to hear that you are having fun!

:rulez: No putting your paws on the paintwork. :redface new:

You're in a great place for a countryside drive. I love Northumberland; may even be coaxing mine up there shortly, for a bit of a discovery trip.

An 'in the sun' shot ;)

U5SmLJO.jpg

pjXxJXR.jpg

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Jassyo06, Duggy72 and 2 others
@Bristle Hound that first shot is a cracker, shows off Spangle Blue at it's best, really picks out the coachline along the car and I love the subtle badge details and the black brake calipers just poking through the rotors.

I know I'm never going to get that contrast and shine with my poor boys Ibis white :shrug: but the days where I'm glad I can give it a quick wash and have it looking good, will out weigh the days I would look at a filthy Sepang and think cripes, I need to spend 4 hours on that thing to make it acceptable :sadlike:

Sounds like you are enjoying your new car anyway!

@TheFiftheElement My mate has a Ibis White S4 Avant and it looks Awsome, It's far from a Poor boys choice of colour I would of been more than happy with it :)

@Bristle Hound Nice pictures again, Looks like the sun could make an apperence on Saturday so time for a good clean :D. On the 2nd Picture what are the marks above the wheel Arch ? at first i thought water but its sunny :chargrined:

@Bristle Hound that first shot is a cracker, shows off Spangle Blue at it's best, really picks out the coachline along the car and I love the subtle badge details and the black brake calipers just poking through the rotors.
@TheFiftheElement - Thanks my friend
I know I'm never going to get that contrast and shine with my poor boys Ibis white :shrug: but the days where I'm glad I can give it a quick wash and have it looking good, will out weigh the days I would look at a filthy Sepang and think cripes, I need to spend 4 hours on that thing to make it acceptable :sadlike:
I always use a sealent rather than a wax on white's. Give's a more sharper finish IMO

This is the sort of finish I was getting on my old ibis white B8 A4 -

More pics here of it
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=272166

Reactions: mcfc1987 and TheFiftheElement
On the 2nd Picture what are the marks above the wheel Arch ? at first i thought water but its sunny :chargrined:
@Lastkill21 - I've had a zoom in on the original photo & the marks I'm thinking your seeing are actually reflections of the clouds (cirrus type I do believe ;)) in the sky