BH's Mystery Blue Mk3 SEAT Leon Cupra 300 5 Door

@Bristle Hound

ha ha nice one buddy :icon thumright:

I knew you would enjoy the Cupra ..... very similar to the Scirocco R we had albeit your Cupra with even more BHP through the front wheels lol :sunglasses:

So yes, we went through front tyres every 6,000 miles so you may too :tearsofjoy:

Good fun though and in the dry I can relate to how youe car will feel light and nimble with no 4 wheel dry and once the turbo kicks in it goes like a freeeekin missile :icon thumright:

Glad to see you back on the site too & hope you are sticking around for a bit :friends:
@Snake Pliskin - You did say about the front tyres lol
Gave a 67 plate S3 HB a scare the other day from the lights. Don't think the result would have been the same in the wet mind lol

Thanks my friend & no no plans to leave ASN

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
@Snake Pliskin - You did say about the front tyres lol
Gave a 67 plate S3 HB a scare the other day from the lights. Don't think the result would have been the same in the wet mind lol

Thanks my friend & no no plans to leave ASN

It's almost a bit of a 'challenge' to extract the max potential from all that power going through the front wheels isn't it.
Yeah the quattro is easy just point and press and no contest in the wet, but a high power front wheel drive car is VERY enjoyable IMO :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound
ROS puncture a couple of weeks a go ***

My wallet was £140 lighter for the pleasure of replacing it :(

Couple of pics while the wheel was off

NwbMWJkl.jpg

en1HIo7l.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
My friend has just bought a 3 YO 280 Leon and mentioned that they make an estate model, and after looking it appears to be a close call between that and the Octavia. So I wondered if you considered the Octavia when you traded in the S4?

My friend has just bought a 3 YO 280 Leon and mentioned that they make an estate model, and after looking it appears to be a close call between that and the Octavia. So I wondered if you considered the Octavia when you traded in the S4?
@DangerS3 - TBH I never considered the Octavia
I wanted to drop a size in cars hence the Leon Cupra

Reactions: DangerS3 and NevMan
y1ywdpMl.jpg

What are the chances ?

I was collecting my Granddaughter from school and came back to my car to find another Cupra almost identical to mine parked behind it!
Throughout the 6 month wait & 12 months of ownership this is the first other than mine mystery blue Cupra I've seen lol

Reactions: CHEZ, V6_Man, Jcbmally and 2 others
y1ywdpMl.jpg

What are the chances ?

I was collecting my Granddaughter from school and came back to my car to find another Cupra almost identical to mine parked behind it!
Throughout the 6 month wait & 12 months of ownership this is the first other than mine mystery blue Cupra I've seen lol
Mystery Blue, common as muck :whistle2::whistle2::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Quick shot from the weekend :thumbs up:

qlHS07nh.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, GaryP and NevMan
Still enjoying it as much as the day you picked it up?
@Radford212 - Very ! :thumbs up:
The power delivery is addictive (well it tis to me anyway lol)
Tremendous 4th gear which keeps catching me out, speed wise lol
Very different to the quattro supercharged B8.5 S4 I had previously

Reactions: NevMan and Radford212
Just renewed the insurance for the Cupra today

£201.52 for 12 months fully comp, £120 excess, protected NCD, 8000 miles/year, garaged for SWMBO & I to drive with NCI Inurance via moneysupermarket.com

Renewal was £265 with Privilege

Reactions: SPIKE_, NevMan and Jcbmally

£201.52 for 12 months fully comp, £120 excess, protected NCD, 8000 miles/year, garaged for SWMBO & I to drive with NCI Inurance via moneysupermarket.com

Cheap as chips.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
y1ywdpMl.jpg

What are the chances ?

Love anything like that

Great deal! How you finding the Cupra? Glad you made the change from the S4 still? The deal you got was so good.

Great deal! How you finding the Cupra? Glad you made the change from the S4 still? The deal you got was so good.
@SPIKE_S3 - Cheers :thumbs up: With age comes cheap(er) car insurance lol
Still loving the Cupra. Damn thing is so rapid. Not brilliant in the wet/damp but with a bit of technique it will still get off the line sharpish
Down sizing was defo the right thing for me
I think the standard tech on the Cupra shows hows 'old' the B8.5 S4 was TBH

Hoping to find as good a deal come change time next March :D

Reactions: SPIKE_ and NevMan
A friend of mine, who also has a 300 Cupra manual GB, has just come back from a trip to Germany
Only mod on his as this he run's it on V-Power
He sent me this pic

BGI8X1Ul.png

He said he was passing, albeit slowly, restricted to 155mph, BMW M cars, Audi RS & Porche's who were genuinely surprised
Wonder how much faster he would have gone if he didn't have a full tank of petrol ...

Told you these Cupra's were quick ;):D
PS I have no intention of trying to copy him lol

Reactions: SPIKE_, BarryG79, NevMan and 1 other person
Revs at 6k so probably a little left in it. My mate has the new Cupra R and had it on a rolling road = 348bhp.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Rj91vSel.jpg

Cupra went back early today

I hadn't used it in about a month so thought I would give VWFS a call & see what they could do for me
Much to my surprise they said I could return the car having only to pay 50% of the outstanding payments!
So for £850 the Cupra went this morning
Wonder how much I would have lost on it after 18months if I'd PCP'ed it

The guy who collected it was the same guy who collected the wife's old MINI Cooper S
When he realised who I was he didn't even inspect the Cupra s he knew what it would be like after the MINI
So a normal end of lease inspection & collection which normally takes 45 mins took 10 mins before he way on his way

Again he paid me the compliment of saying other than our old MCS he's never collected a lease car in such fab condition

I was genuinely sad to see this car go TBH as I had planned on buying it at the end of the lease, but now with the caravan in my life my needs have changed

& before anyone asks, yes to me, the Cupra was a better car than my old S4

Reactions: Jcbmally, V6_Man, BarryG79 and 4 others
Rj91vSel.jpg

I hadn't used it in about a month so thought I would give VWFS a call & see what they could do for me
Much to my surprise they said I could return the car having only to pay 50% of the outstanding payments!

The guy who collected it was the same guy who collected the wife's old MINI Cooper S
When he realised who I was he didn't even inspect the Cupra s he knew what it would be like after the MINI
So a normal end of lease inspection & collection which normally takes 45 mins took 10 mins before he way on his way

Again he paid me the compliment of saying other than our old MCS he's never collected a lease car in such fab condition

I was genuinely sad to see this car go TBH as I had planned on buying it at the end of the lease, but now with the caravan in my life my needs have changed

Wow, thought that had come around quickly Col. So you on the hunt for the next (caravan friendly) car? Or just sticking with the Audi A4 for now?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
Wow, thought that had come around quickly Col. So you on the hunt for the next (caravan friendly) car? Or just sticking with the Audi A4 for now?
@X3man - Always on the look out Nev, but no too seriousley unless a silly PCH bargain comes along
Quite happy with the Avant for the next 12 month TBH

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Rj91vSel.jpg

Didn’t want to like this. I was a bit shocked to read its went back. Onwards and upwards as they say :icon thumright:. Enjoy the A4 & van :salute:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Bristle Hound
@X3man - Always on the look out Nev, but no too seriousley unless a silly PCH bargain comes along
Quite happy with the Avant for the next 12 month TBH

Fair enough Col, you never know could be a bargain to be had on a certain diesel model(s) in the coming months and years

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
Fair enough Col, you never know could be a bargain to be had on a certain diesel model(s) in the coming months and years
@X3man - Already been offered a geartronic (auto) diesel Volvo XC60 for £2k down £280/month for 24 months
No good as its a FWD & an AWD will be a must have for the Avant replacement

Reactions: Jcbmally
Kinda sad moment .... & no more tyre shredding jokes now lol :)

Someone will get a stunning car there :yes:

Time to enjoy that A4 mate & your new caravaning life :icon thumright:
Was just thinking some lucky punter is in for a cracking second hand buy!

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Rj91vSel.jpg

Holy mother of Boris Johnson. I didn't see that coming BH. What is happening here. But I don't blame you for letting it go as it was probably sitting there gathering dust. So, a good decision in the end .

I also agree with the above comments, someone is going to be getting a cracking car.

Let the caravanning season begin!

Oh, and you are going on gardening leave for a week after ^^^ remarks. You might want to rethink and potentially retreat

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Bristle Hound said:

Oh, and you are going on gardening leave for a week after ^^^ remarks. You might want to rethink and potentially retreat
It's horses for courses; The Cupra is undoubtedly a better boy racer's car, but the S4 is the best choice for grownups. :)

Reactions: NevMan, scotty76 and V6_Man
It's horses for courses; The Cupra is undoubtedly a better boy racer's car, but the S4 is the best choice for grownups. :)

PMSL Jeff. . BH aka Boy-racer

Ooh, low blow incoming

@Snake Pliskin @scotty76 @Tashfeen - Thanks for your kind comments. Making me blush guys
Got to remember Tash :sign imnew: lol
@jdp1962 - Only grumpy ones Jeff ;):p:D
PMSL Jeff. . BH aka Boy-racer
Boy-racer? Now there's a new one PMSL :D

Reactions: V6_Man, jdp1962, NevMan and 1 other person
@Bristle Hound , I’m pulling your chain a bit, you know that, mate. But on a more serious note, saying one is better than the other is to ignore that they’re completely different cars, built to do completely different jobs. Its like saying a banana is a better fruit than an orange. It might be if you need potassium but the orange is better if you need vitamin C.

If you want a hot hatch for charging around B roads, of course the Cupra is a better choice than the S4. But I don't think I’d pick it over the S4 as a comfortable, super-refined, cultured and effortlessly fast GT.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound