BH's Mystery Blue Mk3 SEAT Leon Cupra 300 5 Door

Loving that colour!

How are you finding the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving that colour!

How are you finding the car?

@GaryP - Cheers :thumbs up:

Still early days at the mo mate, but feels very quick in a different way to the S4
I'll do a 'first impressions' post in a few weeks time :thumbs up:

Reactions: scotty76
Pic in the sun today on the in-laws drive

BGNU7WFl.jpg

Gratuitous reflection shot on my drive today

QlnPOztl.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, Snake Pliskin, JRock247 and 3 others
Forgot to mention
Turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had

Reactions: Jcbmally
Added a boot net today from a previous VAG car ;)
biggrin.gif

JUnX3qJl.jpg

& changed the 12v socket in the centre console
From the SEAT one on the left to an Audi one on the right, which has the same knurled knob (oh 'er
laughing.gif
) as the stereo volume control on the SEAT

CvCxdaWl.jpg

Its the little things don't cha know
laughing.gif

Oh & put my reflective jackets in the under seat compartments on the front seats
laughing.gif
Did the same with the rear socket on my A4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it IS the little things BH.. Nice to know it's not just me..

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Found out that the first aid kit from a previous VAG car that I have fits neatly under the drivers seat under storage compartment in the Cupra
Both reflective vests now nestle in the passengers side under seat storage compartment

Yes, yes I know ... lol

Reactions: Jcbmally
Forgot to mention
Turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had
Just ordered Carista for my FY Q5, but will need to go on Beta to get anything.
What the heck, may as well help them develop customisation's :grin:

Pic on my drive in the sun this afternoon :thumbs up:

B88ZGJ0l.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Surprisingly I found my 2018 Cupra 5 door only has one reversing light on the nearside even tho' there is a space (clear white section on the o/s lenses) for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors

Not only that but SEAT decided to use the only halogen bulb on the whole car for the one & only n/s reversing bulb
A member on SEATCupra.Net found the following bulbs on Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-...539349.html?shortkey=Uv2mU3Uz&addresstype=600

£8.42 for the pair, altho' I only need one
17 days after ordering they arrived

No canbus errors after fitting

Standard halogen on the left
Aliexpress LED on the right

VsBtRwml.jpg

I think the 2 photo's show the difference, albeit not great in the pic's TBH

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man, Jcbmally and 2 others
All for Seat to save a couple of pence, looks much better now

Reactions: Jcbmally and Bristle Hound
Surprisingly I found my 2018 Cupra 5 door only has one reversing light on the nearside even tho' there is a space (clear white section on the o/s lenses) for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors

Not only that but SEAT decided to use the only halogen bulb on the whole car for the one & only n/s reversing bulb
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-...539349.html?shortkey=Uv2mU3Uz&addresstype=600

VsBtRwml.jpg

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg
Nice work @Bristle Hound. ****** skrimping. I remember when I had a new golf 4 gti and went back to dealer as “only” one reverse light worked, and yes, only had one!

Nice work @Bristle Hound. ****** skrimping. I remember when I had a new golf 4 gti and went back to dealer as “only” one reverse light worked, and yes, only had one!
Bet that was a little awkward mate. AND I bet the dealer had a smug look about him.

Reactions: NevMan

VsBtRwml.jpg

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg
So how does the car compare to previous rides BH ?

So how does the car compare to previous rides BH ?
@Jcbmally - Its defo quick but in a different way to the S4
Loads of tech as standard which is keeping me entertained
& I'm not having any issues (as yet lol) with 300bhp going thro' the front wheels only

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and NevMan
@Jcbmally - Its defo quick but in a different way to the S4
Loads of tech as standard which is keeping me entertained
& I'm not having any issues (as yet lol) with 300bhp going thro' the front wheels only
A friend of mine has had his standard 67plate Cupra on a rolling road, registered 312bhp (ssshhhh, don't tell VAG).
Glad your enjoying it @Bristle Hound

Just had my insurance renewal for the Cupra from, ahem, Saga, which was coming in at £367.99. An increase of £100 on the previous years quote *** !

So after a bit of searching on 'tinterweb I've renewed with Privilege.Com for £234.08 !
Same cover as previous - Fully comp. for the good lady & I to drive, 8000/year, protected NCD, garaged & a £350 excess

Reactions: V6_Man
Just had my insurance renewal for the Cupra from, ahem, Saga, which was coming in at £367.99. An increase of £100 on the previous years quote *** !

So after a bit of searching on 'tinterweb I've renewed with Privilege.Com for £234.08 !
Same cover as previous - Fully comp. for the good lady & I to drive, 8000/year, protected NCD, garaged & a £350 excess
nice one @Bristle Hound, back of the net! I never renew, as they always seem to take the p***.
Privilege has often been a good option, but the last year it has been LV. I even got £34.00 back when changing from (admittedly Stage1) A6 2.0 TDI Avant, to 252BHP new Q5. So think annual is now £185 odd, fully comp, 9k per year, protected, and good wife to drive too (Not garaged! - The car that is, not the wife who I keep well locked up) lol

Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound and Jcbmally
Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
nice one @Bristle Hound, back of the net! I never renew, as they always seem to take the p***.
Privilege has often been a good option, but the last year it has been LV. I even got £34.00 back when changing from (admittedly Stage1) A6 2.0 TDI Avant, to 252BHP new Q5. So think annual is now £185 odd, fully comp, 9k per year, protected, and good wife to drive too (Not garaged! - The car that is, not the wife who I keep well locked up) lol
@q5man - Pleased I'm not the only one who shops around every renewal time
Great quote at £185 buddy
Bet you don't tell her that ! :busted cop: lol
now where’s that crime watch number :)
@Jcbmally - Lol :D

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
@Bristle Hound

car looking stunning friend & really love that colour :icon thumright:

On insurance - my renewal came through a couple of weeks ago and with all the talk of price hikes I'd heard over the last 6 months I was not looking forward to it .... to my astonishment it went down £100 notes from last year :blink: (that was esure).

I would normally shop around myself but did not bother this year based on a 20% reduction from last year :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally and NevMan
Result!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
@Bristle Hound

car looking stunning friend & really love that colour :icon thumright:

On insurance - my renewal came through a couple of weeks ago and with all the talk of price hikes I'd heard over the last 6 months I was not looking forward to it .... to my astonishment it went down £100 notes from last year :blink: (that was esure).

I would normally shop around myself but did not bother this year based on a 20% reduction from last year :)
@Snake Pliskin - Thanks buddy :thumbs up:
Nice one on the insurance front. Males a real change !

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Good to see you settling with the Cupra.
I would be interested to read your views coming from the S4 prestige semi-super saloon to the hot hatch.
I've always liked SEAT and the Cupra tune quite well even with a simple Superchip Bluefin Stage 2.

I'm considering jumping in a Cupra again or another S4/S5 sportsback.

I'm not 100% settled with my Mk3 Focus RS and although my very local SEAT and Ford dealers are only 100 yards apart the service/customer relations are miles apart. Hence why I'm swinging back to VAG.

Probably moved over to seatcupra net. Used to hide out there myself when I had a Leon :)

@Scott.T @Radford212 @SPIKE_S3 @BarryG79 @scotty76

Hi guys. Been a 'hectic' 4 months for our household which has ultimately kept me off the 'tinterweb car sites I'm on

So its nice to be back TBH

Update on the Cupra

First off. This thing is seriously rapid !
& this is coming from a 3 litre V6 supercharged quattro Audi S4

Yes the engine noise is a little soul less, which isn't helped by the fact I've turned the ridiculous soundaktor off. Sometime when I pull up at the lights I have to check the engine is still running its so quiet, but by hell it spins up so quick!

Coming from the s-tronic auto back to a manual GB is the best decision I ever made. The manual GB suits my driving style so much better

The standard spec on the Cupra is crazy. Makes all the other VAG group cars looks very stingy IMHO

Main likes
Front DRL's are also the indicators and the whole DRL flashes orange whe the indicators is on
The main trip computer resets itself when you re-fuel
HHA works with or without you safety belt on. Not a big thing but to me it is as I garage my car every night
Standard stereo is impressive coming from the Bose in the Audi
Adjustable front diff
The colour ! Gets lots of glances
Much quicker than I expected it to be
Much more noticeable difference's between adaptive suspensions settings (DCC) - I had the same adaptive suspension on my S4 and the different settings were not as noticeable IMO
No seat bolster creasing, even after nearly 4000 miles with my fat *** in it lol

Not sure's
No puddle lights
No rear door entrance sill protectors
Front assist can be a bit sensitive
One reversing light
No quattro

Dislikes
Cruise control controls are fiddly to use
The only interior plastics I dont like are the one's that surround the front section of the centre console
Quiet exhaust
Front tyres aren't going to last well lol

Best mpg 39.9mpg on a 140 mile motorway trip with cruise set at 70mph
Worst - not telling !

uZ3dpF8l.jpg

Reactions: Keef, Rolly12, Snake Pliskin and 8 others
@Scott.T @Radford212 @SPIKE_S3 @BarryG79 @scotty76

Hi guys. Been a 'hectic' 4 months for our household which has ultimately kept me off the 'tinterweb car sites I'm on

So its nice to be back TBH

Update on the Cupra

First off. This thing is seriously rapid !
& this is coming from a 3 litre V6 supercharged quattro Audi S4

Yes the engine noise is a little soul less, which isn't helped by the fact I've turned the ridiculous soundaktor off. Sometime when I pull up at the lights I have to check the engine is still running its so quiet, but by hell it spins up so quick!

Coming from the s-tronic auto back to a manual GB is the best decision I ever made. The manual GB suits my driving style so much better

The standard spec on the Cupra is crazy. Makes all the other VAG group cars looks very stingy IMHO

Main likes
Front DRL's are also the indicators and the whole DRL flashes orange whe the indicators is on
The main trip computer resets itself when you re-fuel
HHA works with or without you safety belt on. Not a big thing but to me it is as I garage my car every night
Standard stereo is impressive coming from the Bose in the Audi
Adjustable front diff
The colour ! Gets lots of glances
Much quicker than I expected it to be
Much more noticeable difference's between adaptive suspensions settings (DCC) - I had the same adaptive suspension on my S4 and the different settings were not as noticeable IMO
No seat bolster creasing, even after nearly 4000 miles with my fat *** in it lol

Not sure's
No puddle lights
No rear door entrance sill protectors
Front assist can be a bit sensitive
One reversing light
No quattro

Dislikes
Cruise control controls are fiddly to use
The only interior plastics I dont like are the one's that surround the front section of the centre console
Quiet exhaust
Front tyres aren't going to last well lol

Best mpg 39.9mpg on a 140 mile motorway trip with cruise set at 70mph
Worst - not telling !

uZ3dpF8l.jpg
Glad your enjoying the poor mans Golf ,,,,, lol, only joking BH, My mate was lucky enough to get one of the "R" versions and apart from skittish grip in the wet its a ****** weapon. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Good to hear you’re enjoying it BH. I’m loving my Golf R Estate. Done a couple of easy mods to it tho. JB1 box, Res Delete and Intake Pipe and Panel Filter. Goes really really well now, and sounds better with res delete and also stupid Soundaktor thing turned off. A bit droney at times, but a £50 Pipe from Zaustworx on EBay/Facebook and £30 to fit at a local garage I feel it’s worth the occasional head buzz!

Launch Controls are now super fast, although not something I do. One day I’ll introduce Mrs GaryP to it without warning...!!

Still miss not having picked up a 2014/15 S4 Avant, but more than happy with the R for now. We must have very similar interiors and components.

Good to hear you’re enjoying it BH. I’m loving my Golf R Estate. Done a couple of easy mods to it tho. JB1 box, Res Delete and Intake Pipe and Panel Filter. Goes really really well now, and sounds better with res delete and also stupid Soundaktor thing turned off. A bit droney at times, but a £50 Pipe from Zaustworx on EBay/Facebook and £30 to fit at a local garage I feel it’s worth the occasional head buzz!

Launch Controls are now super fast, although not something I do. One day I’ll introduce Mrs GaryP to it without warning...!!

Still miss not having picked up a 2014/15 S4 Avant, but more than happy with the R for now. We must have very similar interiors and components.
@GaryP - Glad to hear your enjoying your Golf R estate buddy
My extensive list of mods to the Cupra are limited to replacing the reversing light bulb from a halogen 1 to a LED 1 lol
I see quite a bit of Audi / VW bits in the Cupra but then again I suppose we will
Good to hear from you, Col; glad you're still loving the Cupra. :)
@jdp1962 - Thanks and thanks Jeff

@Bristle Hound

ha ha nice one buddy :icon thumright:

I knew you would enjoy the Cupra ..... very similar to the Scirocco R we had albeit your Cupra with even more BHP through the front wheels lol :sunglasses:

So yes, we went through front tyres every 6,000 miles so you may too :tearsofjoy:

Good fun though and in the dry I can relate to how youe car will feel light and nimble with no 4 wheel dry and once the turbo kicks in it goes like a freeeekin missile :icon thumright:

Glad to see you back on the site too & hope you are sticking around for a bit :friends: