1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BH's Mystery Blue Mk3 SEAT Leon Cupra 300 5 Door

Bristle Hound Aug 28, 2017

1. GaryP

GaryP Active Member MQB Platform

Loving that colour!

How are you finding the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

@GaryP - Cheers :thumbs up:

Still early days at the mo mate, but feels very quick in a different way to the S4
    I'll do a 'first impressions' post in a few weeks time :thumbs up:

scotty76 likes this.
  4. Bristle Hound

Pic in the sun today on the in-laws drive

[​IMG]

Gratuitous reflection shot on my drive today

[​IMG]

A4A4, Snake Pliskin, JRock247 and 3 others like this.
  5. Bristle Hound

Forgot to mention
    Turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had

Jcbmally likes this.
  6. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. X3 M-Sport Glacier Silver

Did the same with the rear socket on my A4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it IS the little things BH.. Nice to know it's not just me..

Bristle Hound likes this.
  7. Bristle Hound

Found out that the first aid kit from a previous VAG car that I have fits neatly under the drivers seat under storage compartment in the Cupra
    Both reflective vests now nestle in the passengers side under seat storage compartment

Yes, yes I know ... lol

Jcbmally likes this.
  8. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Just ordered Carista for my FY Q5, but will need to go on Beta to get anything.
    What the heck, may as well help them develop customisation's :grin:

9. Bristle Hound

Pic on my drive in the sun this afternoon :thumbs up:

[​IMG]

10. X3man

Hmm, looking a little dirty there lol

11. Bristle Hound

@q5man - Lol

12. Avatar

13. Bristle Hound

Surprisingly I found my 2018 Cupra 5 door only has one reversing light on the nearside even tho' there is a space (clear white section on the o/s lenses) for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors

Not only that but SEAT decided to use the only halogen bulb on the whole car for the one & only n/s reversing bulb
    A member on SEATCupra.Net found the following bulbs on Aliexpress
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-...539349.html?shortkey=Uv2mU3Uz&addresstype=600

£8.42 for the pair, altho' I only need one
    17 days after ordering they arrived

No canbus errors after fitting

Standard halogen on the left
    Aliexpress LED on the right

[​IMG]

I think the 2 photo's show the difference, albeit not great in the pic's TBH

Before -

[​IMG]

After -

[​IMG]

A4A4, Tashfeen, Jcbmally and 2 others like this.
  14. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member

All for Seat to save a couple of pence, looks much better now

Jcbmally and Bristle Hound like this.
  15. Bristle Hound

@BarryG79 - Madness !
    & thanks :thumbs up:
    Still HHA is standard fit lol

BarryG79 likes this.
  16. X3man

Nice work @Bristle Hound. ****** skrimping. I remember when I had a new golf 4 gti and went back to dealer as “only” one reverse light worked, and yes, only had one!

17. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. X3 M-Sport Glacier Silver

Bet that was a little awkward mate. AND I bet the dealer had a smug look about him.

X3man likes this.
  18. Jcbmally

So how does the car compare to previous rides BH ?

19. X3man

Just a bit, I snuck off with tail between legs

Jcbmally likes this.
  20. Bristle Hound

@Jcbmally - Its defo quick but in a different way to the S4
    Loads of tech as standard which is keeping me entertained
    & I'm not having any issues (as yet lol) with 300bhp going thro' the front wheels only

Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and X3man like this.
  21. Jcbmally

A friend of mine has had his standard 67plate Cupra on a rolling road, registered 312bhp (ssshhhh, don't tell VAG).
    Glad your enjoying it @Bristle Hound

22. Bristle Hound

@Jcbmally - I've heard some similar reports too
    & cheers :thumbs up:

Jcbmally likes this.
  23. Bristle Hound

Just had my insurance renewal for the Cupra from, ahem, Saga, which was coming in at £367.99. An increase of £100 on the previous years quote FFS !

So after a bit of searching on 'tinterweb I've renewed with Privilege.Com for £234.08 !
    Same cover as previous - Fully comp. for the good lady & I to drive, 8000/year, protected NCD, garaged & a £350 excess

Tashfeen likes this.
  24. X3man

nice one @Bristle Hound, back of the net! I never renew, as they always seem to take the p***.
    Privilege has often been a good option, but the last year it has been LV. I even got £34.00 back when changing from (admittedly Stage1) A6 2.0 TDI Avant, to 252BHP new Q5. So think annual is now £185 odd, fully comp, 9k per year, protected, and good wife to drive too (Not garaged! - The car that is, not the wife who I keep well locked up) lol

Tashfeen, Bristle Hound and Jcbmally like this.
  25. Jcbmally

now where’s that crime watch number :)

Bristle Hound and X3man like this.
  26. Bristle Hound

@q5man - Pleased I'm not the only one who shops around every renewal time
    Great quote at £185 buddy
    Bet you don't tell her that ! :busted cop: lol
    @Jcbmally - Lol :D

X3man and Jcbmally like this.
  27. X3man

HaHa, she would say that she keeps ME locked up :racer:

Jcbmally and Bristle Hound like this.
  28. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

@Bristle Hound

car looking stunning friend & really love that colour :icon thumright:

On insurance - my renewal came through a couple of weeks ago and with all the talk of price hikes I'd heard over the last 6 months I was not looking forward to it .... to my astonishment it went down £100 notes from last year :blink: (that was esure).

I would normally shop around myself but did not bother this year based on a 20% reduction from last year :)

Bristle Hound, Jcbmally and X3man like this.
  29. X3man

Result!

Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally like this.
  30. Bristle Hound

@Snake Pliskin - Thanks buddy :thumbs up:
    Nice one on the insurance front. Males a real change !

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  31. Snake Pliskin

Yeah I was staggered & can’t remember the last time my car insurance or any insurance for that matter went down.

32. Scott.T

Scott.T Well-Known Member

Good to see you settling with the Cupra.
    I would be interested to read your views coming from the S4 prestige semi-super saloon to the hot hatch.
    I've always liked SEAT and the Cupra tune quite well even with a simple Superchip Bluefin Stage 2.

I'm considering jumping in a Cupra again or another S4/S5 sportsback.

I'm not 100% settled with my Mk3 Focus RS and although my very local SEAT and Ford dealers are only 100 yards apart the service/customer relations are miles apart. Hence why I'm swinging back to VAG.

33. Avatar

34. Radford212

Radford212 Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition S-line owners group

Any updates on this?

35. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Team Daytona

Where is @Bristle Hound? Haven't seen him post in some time.

Hope all is good and your enjoying the SLC

36. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member

Had thought the same recently, hope all is good?

X3man likes this.
  37. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

Probably moved over to seatcupra net. Used to hide out there myself when I had a Leon :)

38. Bristle Hound

@Scott.T @Radford212 @SPIKE_S3 @BarryG79 @scotty76

Hi guys. Been a 'hectic' 4 months for our household which has ultimately kept me off the 'tinterweb car sites I'm on

So its nice to be back TBH

Update on the Cupra

First off. This thing is seriously rapid !
    & this is coming from a 3 litre V6 supercharged quattro Audi S4

Yes the engine noise is a little soul less, which isn't helped by the fact I've turned the ridiculous soundaktor off. Sometime when I pull up at the lights I have to check the engine is still running its so quiet, but by hell it spins up so quick!

Coming from the s-tronic auto back to a manual GB is the best decision I ever made. The manual GB suits my driving style so much better

The standard spec on the Cupra is crazy. Makes all the other VAG group cars looks very stingy IMHO

Main likes
    Front DRL's are also the indicators and the whole DRL flashes orange whe the indicators is on
    The main trip computer resets itself when you re-fuel
    HHA works with or without you safety belt on. Not a big thing but to me it is as I garage my car every night
    Standard stereo is impressive coming from the Bose in the Audi
    Adjustable front diff
    The colour ! Gets lots of glances
    Much quicker than I expected it to be
    Much more noticeable difference's between adaptive suspensions settings (DCC) - I had the same adaptive suspension on my S4 and the different settings were not as noticeable IMO
    No seat bolster creasing, even after nearly 4000 miles with my fat *** in it lol

Not sure's
    No puddle lights
    No rear door entrance sill protectors
    Front assist can be a bit sensitive
    One reversing light
    No quattro

Dislikes
    Cruise control controls are fiddly to use
    The only interior plastics I dont like are the one's that surround the front section of the centre console
    Quiet exhaust
    Front tyres aren't going to last well lol

Best mpg 39.9mpg on a 140 mile motorway trip with cruise set at 70mph
    Worst - not telling !

[​IMG]

Keef, Rolly12, Snake Pliskin and 8 others like this.
  39. Jcbmally

Glad your enjoying the poor mans Golf ,,,,, lol, only joking BH, My mate was lucky enough to get one of the "R" versions and apart from skittish grip in the wet its a ****** weapon. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

jassyo06 and Bristle Hound like this.
  40. GaryP

GaryP Active Member MQB Platform

Good to hear you’re enjoying it BH. I’m loving my Golf R Estate. Done a couple of easy mods to it tho. JB1 box, Res Delete and Intake Pipe and Panel Filter. Goes really really well now, and sounds better with res delete and also stupid Soundaktor thing turned off. A bit droney at times, but a £50 Pipe from Zaustworx on EBay/Facebook and £30 to fit at a local garage I feel it’s worth the occasional head buzz!

Launch Controls are now super fast, although not something I do. One day I’ll introduce Mrs GaryP to it without warning...!!

Still miss not having picked up a 2014/15 S4 Avant, but more than happy with the R for now. We must have very similar interiors and components.

41. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

Good to hear from you, Col; glad you're still loving the Cupra. :)

42. Bristle Hound

@GaryP - Glad to hear your enjoying your Golf R estate buddy
    My extensive list of mods to the Cupra are limited to replacing the reversing light bulb from a halogen 1 to a LED 1 lol
    I see quite a bit of Audi / VW bits in the Cupra but then again I suppose we will
    @jdp1962 - Thanks and thanks Jeff

43. Snake Pliskin

@Bristle Hound

ha ha nice one buddy :icon thumright:

I knew you would enjoy the Cupra ..... very similar to the Scirocco R we had albeit your Cupra with even more BHP through the front wheels lol :sunglasses:

So yes, we went through front tyres every 6,000 miles so you may too :tearsofjoy:

Good fun though and in the dry I can relate to how youe car will feel light and nimble with no 4 wheel dry and once the turbo kicks in it goes like a freeeekin missile :icon thumright:

Glad to see you back on the site too & hope you are sticking around for a bit :friends: