BHP/Torque

Liam86

Reaction score
What BHP and Torque is everyone running on their "Original Parts" 2.0ltr 140 TDI A3's ?

And does anyone know the standard Torque of a 2008 A3 Sportsback 140 2.0ltr TDI?

Its just that i've been told I can have my car mapped to 206bhp and 298 torque without having to change any standard parts?

Im new to all this so go easy on me please.

I would suggest your starting point is to understand what you are trying to achieve? Is it bragging rights down the pub (maximum BHP) or useable increases in the performance of the car.

It is worth noting that BHP is the consequence of torque and engine speed. 100Nm of Torque at 1,000 rpm is 14BHP. 100 NM of Torque at 6,000 rpm is 84 BHP.

Torque is what gives you acceleration. It is more important than max BHP which is usually at or near the top of the rev range of the car and you will use only occasionally if at all.

It is all too easy to just change some parameter to get a torque spike at as a high a RPM as possible which leads to a high BHP figure. When I did my custom remap, they could easily achieve over 200BHP. I went for a flat torque response instead leading to a car which has lots of torque (Acceleration) over a wide rev range.

Ask for a rolling road plot to see what the engine response is likely to be.

Good luck.

Reactions: S3Alex