Bet this have been asked before S3 and RS3 whats the difference 2015

Eigdoog

±§~Quadzackular~§±
Reaction score
Hello,

Engine and power ok I've got that but what about looks? Ive not seen a new S3 but i have seen the RS3. Looking into getting one maybe but on the monthly basis the RS3 is about £100 more and is it worth it?

Do you get any other toys that the S3 does not have?

Cheers.

Head over to the RS3 section of this forum, plenty of reasons not to buy one

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Reactions: Brasso, Simon L, s3_trev and 3 others
Head over to the RS3 section of this forum, plenty of reasons not to buy one

:lmfao: :lmfao:

And then get put down when you want to share an opinion! :search:

( Or turn your meaning around )

Reactions: Simon L, The Challinor, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
lol yeah them brakes are on another level!

Ive been to on the Audi website and don't seem to be getting anywhere lol.

Diddnt know there was a RS3 thread on here. Thought it was all under here.

For the power the extra money is not worth it IMO but if there was a lot of different things then it may get me thinking again.

Hello,

Engine and power ok I've got that but what about looks? Ive not seen a new S3 but i have seen the RS3. Looking into getting one maybe but on the monthly basis the RS3 is about £100 more and is it worth it?

Cheers.

Yep you get lots of extra toys, you need the extra toys........so other people can throw them out when their opinions differ on the RS3 forums :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Cymru09, DommyR and veeeight
I want a list of toys :whip:

Looks like if i did get one them ill be hated and if i don't ill be called stupid! lol... then hated.

Hello,

Cheers.
Go look at them both then drive them you'll soon see.

veeeight (and pals):

In words of one syllable: quit it.

You're surely not so stupid that you think impartial readers see your RS3 nay-saying as anything other than penis envy? [For clarity: this is a rhetorical question]

If you're convinced an S3 is always the best choice for everyone, I must remind you that you're not actually everyone.

Keep answers on this (and similar topics) factual please. If you can't, discretion over whether your input is worthwhile or not will be removed from you. This is your last warning.

R

Reactions: quinnii, j0nny2013, naughts4187 and 5 others
Simple, both S3 and RS3 wish they were this:

7708395d70ddba31e63053618268f987-jpg.65974

a3-clubsport-quattro-concept-525-ps-29-kg-gewicht-beschleunigen.jpg

Reactions: RedTurtle, crunchie, voorhees and 3 others
Hello,

Cheers.

I'll try and answer this objectively:

They are largely based on the same 8V MQB Chassis, so the easiest way to see this is to hypothetically put an 3S SB and an RS3 SB side by side:

Some external differences; slightly flared arches on the RS3, and different sills, spoiler, front bumper and exhausts.

Internally, and configured the same on the audi configurator, you could get them to be almost identical apart from some badging.

The real differences are under the bonnet: engine, brakes, exhaust, suspension and quattro system.

So: no real 'toys' as such, and many non-petrol heads will not really know or appreciate the difference between the S3 and RS3 8V A3 variants.

Some like the understated look - some don't. Some don't believe that the RS3 represents value for money (so won't buy one), some believe that it does (so do). There will always be a body of those who are so self opinionated, one way or another, they will try to convince you that you are not capable of making your own mind up, without listening to them - but you are.

There's no denying they are from the same stable, and could be seen to be visually similar.

At the end of the day - only you can decide what is right for you, and nobody is, or can, force you to buy one car or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, Kugaman1 and 8 others
I'll try and answer this objectively:

They are largely based on the same 8V MQB Chassis, so the easiest way to see this is to hypothetically put an 3S SB and an RS3 SB side by side:

Some external differences; slightly flared arches on the RS3, and different sills, spoiler, front bumper and exhausts.

Internally, and configured the same on the audi configurator, you could get them to be almost identical apart from some badging.

The real differences are under the bonnet: engine, brakes, exhaust, suspension and quattro system.

So: no real 'toys' as such, and many non-petrol heads will not really know or appreciate the difference between the S3 and RS3 8V A3 variants.

Some like the understated look - some don't. Some don't believe that the RS3 represents value for money (so won't buy one), some believe that it does (so do). There will always be a body of those who are so self opinionated, one way or another, they will try to convince you that you are not capable of making your own mind up, without listening to them - but you are.

There's no denying they are from the same stable, and could be seen to be visually similar.

At the end of the day - only you can decide what is right for you, and nobody is, or can, force you to buy one car or the other.

Only the S3 comes with the right number of doors

Although the saloon is pretty tasty as well.

Reactions: buz and s3_trev
veeeight (and pals):

In words of one syllable: quit it.

You're surely not so stupid that you think impartial readers see your RS3 nay-saying as anything other than penis envy? [For clarity: this is a rhetorical question]

If you're convinced an S3 is always the best choice for everyone, I must remind you that you're not actually everyone.

Keep answers on this (and similar topics) factual please. If you can't, discretion over whether your input is worthwhile or not will be removed from you. This is your last warning.

Bristle Hound: This has already gone far enough for the tar brush to be waved quite indiscriminately. Consider your blueness before giving idiots credence.

R

Trust me it ain't penis envy, he doesn't even like his S3

Reactions: Simon L, Bristle Hound and Rob2k68
£50/mth yes £100/mth no - for me anyway.

^ Yes.

You don't have to beat around the bush, the A45 is a very attractive (in all senses of the word) proposition. As is the proposed R400.

Especially with that new front diff on the A45, something the RS3 lacks, and all Haldex cars desperately will benefit from.

Was going to ask 'sprinter / vito' ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just ordered my S3 to pick up in 3weeks, but saying that if I could afford an RS3 I would have one. The one in Leeds Audi looks fantastic.

On my version of the forum , the OP asked about the S3 and RS3.

Can't see any other request for advice on other manufactures cars, do let's not keep drifting again eh? It really is getting boring.

I thought drifting is all part of going around corners in an AWD?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Jeeez it's just banter
I know that, but the amount of banter over the past week or so, has comprehensively outweighed the sensible discussion.

I for one am getting threaders with the amount of tosh on this forum.

Reactions: Kings999, T-800 and DAYTONA 500
^ Yes.

You don't have to beat around the bush, the A45 is a very attractive (in all senses of the word) proposition. As is the proposed R400.

Especially with that new front diff on the A45, something the RS3 lacks, and all Haldex cars desperately will benefit from.
I see this is going off topic again as usual the topic is about S3/RS3

Reactions: Kings999
What a shine! :yes:

Worked hard on that, no edit, filter or anything.

My poor missus had to sit in the car whilst I detailed it in the baking sun getting it ready before we could look around.

This was after a full days worth before, she's marrying me in a month as well so she can obviously put up with it

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackwhite
It has yet to be confirmed that the characteristic metallic rustle that is so loved in the S3 has made its way into the 5 pot RS3
You may want to wait to ensure it is available or can be added as an optional extra before ordering.
And if money is a deciding factor in choosing/between the two, bite the bullet and get a 1.4 TFSI.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO, Bristle Hound and veeeight
Enjoying this thread lol.

But as said i only need info on S3/RS3. Ive been looking at a lot of cars lately and its been over these cars or S4 and 5.

Wanted to know if the extra money was worth it but i guess its something i have to see for myself i guess.

Reactions: Simon L, RYuill, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Worked hard on that, no edit, filter or anything.

My poor missus had to sit in the car whilst I detailed it in the baking sun getting it ready before we could look around.

This was after a full days worth before, she's marrying me in a month as well so she can obviously put up with it
emoji23.png

Congrats! Your big day will be here soon. :redface new:

Reactions: The Challinor