Best Wiper Blade

gimk

Reaction score
What is the best and quality wiper blade for S line 2.0 TFSI b9. What are people using and any recommendations.

Bosch Aerotwin wins all the tests .

But I'd love these silicone jobies to come over this way.

+1 for silicone .

4naz5p8zqyd41

Reactions: smog c6
I tried the BOSCH A298S Aerotwin blades on my last B9, but wasn't very impressed to be honest. They were fine to start with but soon developed an annoying squeak when they parked themselves. This gradually developed into a squeak at the end of each stroke when they change direction.

So this time around I am using these hybrid blades: A4 2015-on Heyner Germany Aero Hybrid Replacement Windscreen Wiper Blades 24"20" HH2420ST: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Same sort of price, so far seem fine, only time will tell.

Bosch Aerotwin are best.

Changed my OEM Audi ones around November as the rear wiper sounded like hippo farting after only a year.

I believe the Michelin silicone ones shown above are marginally better but aren’t available in the UK.

It made exactly the same sound as that video! Although my oem wipers couldn’t match the smoothness of the Hippos tail wag.

Reactions: Gazwould
Screenshot 20210126 115157 Chrome

Considering the very , very few silicone available on the UK market maybe they're made by PIAA ?

Considering the very , very few silicone available on the UK market maybe they're made by PIAA ?

Maybe?!?! Doing this evaluation stuff used to be part of my 'employ' and is maybe why I look at what the WRC (rally) guys use and the sh*t conditions in which they use 'em and think, ermmmm, what do they use?!

Why they use PIAA and not the "Bosch Aerotwin" even though they (Bosch Aerotwin) "wins all the tests"!?!?!?

7072.gif

Like I say, I use PIAA :thumbs up:

Just found the video which I remember watching when I was looking into this. It is my reference for why I mentioned the Michelin ones above to be better.

Video speaks for itself, very objective. The guy in the video is known to be as fair as possible.

Reactions: Chris 747 and Gazwould
Bosch Aerotwin are best.

Changed my OEM Audi ones around November as the rear wiper sounded like hippo farting after only a year.

I believe the Michelin silicone ones shown above are marginally better but aren’t available in the UK.
Saloons don't require rear wipers, so no silly noise from mine.
Every time I take my car in for it's MOT the Audi dealership gives me an advisory on the front wipers smearing, despite them being almost brand new and every time I tell them that the car has been standing outside for weeks on end under trees and not been washed because of my ill-health. It's getting to be a game...

Just found the video which I remember watching when I was looking into this. It is my reference for why I mentioned the Michelin ones above to be better.

Video speaks for itself, very objective. The guy in the video is known to be as fair as possible.

ProductLarge5291

Not available over here though ?

The guy testing said he would leave them on the roof for a year to expose them to UV/ Elements and see how they fared, such enough he was true to his world and uploaded another video.

In the end he recommended Bosch Aero, as they were relatively much cheaper although the Michelin’s were marginally better.

Yeah watched it , I get the impression some aren't 100 % silicone .

I might give PIAA in WSM , Somerset a ring at some point and see what they can bin them out to me , it's either that or I get the Trade Card out .

Decision, decision confuse.com. PIAA or Bosch Aerotwin. Thanks all

Probably best go with the Bosch and then if you don't like them try something else next time, and repeat...after all wipers are a disposable wear and tear item.

I recently bought some HQ Automotive (never heard of them) aero flat blade ones for my wife's Fiesta from eBay and they are excellent. Much better than the smeary Audi ones that were on my car when I had it (at 8 months old). You can get them for the B9 too, £16.95, what's not to like?

Another vote for Bosch aerotwins
Cheapest place to buy IMHO is the bay of e

Reactions: RAF_S7
Another vote for Bosch aerotwins
Cheapest place to buy IMHO is the bay of e

Agreed, and thats the same place I get mine for - shop around on fleeB there are lots of suppliers. Think I paid £24 for my last set!