Best Wheel Wax?

Tangooneone

Reaction score
Just wondered what the best wax is to protect my S3 wheels?

Thanks in advance

9ed519f31f8cfab40917141d7d1f34f7.jpg

I would recommend Gtechniq C5. Requires a wheel removal and complete clean up, so can be a lengthy process, but the actual application is straightforward and it lasts for a good year or two.

Can wash my wheels with just a jet wash and snow foam now :)

I take the wheels off once a month to clean anyway (OCD) so may give the C5 ago next time

Haha good man! I used to but now I'm sporting 20" rotors it's really easy to get in the barrel and behind the spokes with them still on!

I applied mine right after a complete refurb, so didn't have to worry about decontamination. I would clean, de tar, iron x and clay. Follow up with their panel wipe or an IPA mix and then apply a thin layer of C5. Can wipe gently pretty much straight away.

Only issue I had was seeing where I had applied and where I hadn't! Was worried I didn't get a good coverage but turned out fine in the end :)

They are some big wheels, ha. Just seen the video clip of C5 applied to a wheel - looks like good stuff. The wheel kit for £57 looks a great buy too

Yea looks decent. 15ml is plenty as well. I had about 1/3 bottle after I did all mine. Might do another coat, but atm seems to be working a treat. The microfibre cloths are quality as well.

I think with these nano coatings prep is the key. As long as the wheel is perfectly clean and you follow the instructions you shouldn't have any issues. It is more permanent than a wax or sealant though so do have a read up about it before going ahead. Some great advice on detailing world.co.uk and other places

Also recommend gtechniq coating had it on my a1 for two years and still cleaned very well... I just used leftover C1 though as C5 is just C1 packaged specifically for wheels.

@Tangooneone - CarPro DLUX is a similar product to Gtechniq C5 but better value for money and more versatile IMHO
afro.gif

(£22.50 for 15ml ((or £42.50 for 30ml)) of C5 versus £24 for 30ml DLUX)

http://www.carpro.uk.com/cquartz-dlux-plastic-rubber-and-alloy-coating/

PS Got a 10% discount code for the CarPro site. PM me if you want / need it
smile.png

If you want something a bit easier to apply I would recommend Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine

http://www.planetpolish.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5

Great value too. My first bottle lasted over 3 years!

Its so easy to apply & the finish is top notch. Sooooooooooooooo slick!
Apply with enclosed applicator, let cure for 20mins. Buff off with clean MF. Done

3 coats 20 mins apart will give you a min of 6 months protection

Reactions: scotty76 and Bandicoot51