Best way to jack it

R

RC944

I need to get both wheels off the ground and remove the wheels. Whats the best way to do this? I cannot jack up each side individually as that will point load the other side on the axle stand. I have ramps. Shall i drive onto the ramps but then the ramp prevents locating the axle stand at the jacking point on sill. And where would i then fix the jack if i am locating the axle strand on the sub frame mounting bolt or jacking point on sill?

Am im being dumb!?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hi
Firstly let me apologise if I appear to be hijacking the thread but I can't figure out how to post. I have a 2010 A8 with adaptive headlights and these are showing an error, I looked on Pistonheads and the was a link to various VCDS users, I live in Rickmansworth and see RC944 is local.
How would I go about getting this looked at and maybe resolved.
Hopefully you can assist, thanks

Does this image help.

hd-167395.png

Hi
Firstly let me apologise if I appear to be hijacking the thread but I can't figure out how to post. I have a 2010 A8 with adaptive headlights and these are showing an error, I looked on Pistonheads and the was a link to various VCDS users, I live in Rickmansworth and see RC944 is local.
How would I go about getting this looked at and maybe resolved.
Hopefully you can assist, thanks
Just send him a message and I'm sure he will do a vcds scan for you.

@RC944

I need to get both wheels off the ground and remove the wheels. Whats the best way to do this? I cannot jack up each side individually as that will point load the other side on the axle stand. I have ramps. Shall i drive onto the ramps but then the ramp prevents locating the axle stand at the jacking point on sill. And where would i then fix the jack if i am locating the axle strand on the sub frame mounting bolt or jacking point on sill?

Am im being dumb!?

I always use two trolley jacks, one either side.

Does this image help.

hd-167395.png
it does although i would like to know what the best way is to get both wheels up at the same time using a single trolley jack

out of interest, exactly where are your axle stand heads located? they look to the rear of the sub frame mounting bolt but on the sub frame directly?

There is no safe way of getting a trolley jack to lift the entire front-end of the car that I know of.

Yes it's the rear of the subframe mount., I just jack up one side of the car then the other never had a problem.

Cheers i saw the vid too from the men and motorz guy. He loves the happy spot!