1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Best Wax for Brilliant Black

ScottishA4B9 Nov 21, 2020

1. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Registered User

Hello all.

Can anyone recommend a good wax for Brilliant Black?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

I'm not necessarily convinced that you can tell the effect a wax has to such an extent on different colours as the preparation has more impact IMO. However always happy to be shown differently.

When you say best what are you looking for ? Longevity, looks, beading, ease of application, cost etc as there is usually some trade off

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Adam14 likes this.
  4. ScottishA4B9

I know certain brands, like Angelwax, do certain waxes for certain colours. I previously told used their wax for red cars on my A4 B8 and it was really good. Like you, I don’t know how different, if any, these waxes are for certain colours as compared to generic waxes.

5. josul

josul Registered User

If you were happy with results on you A4 with Angelwax then why not try that. Then if your not happy with it give something else a go.

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  6. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@ScottishA4B9 - Main thing is with the wax is, whats your budget then work from there

7. ScottishA4B9

I used to be well into the whole detailing thing but I’ve not kept up in the last 2 years so I’m out of touch with the latest products.

8. Bristle Hound

@ScottishA4B9 - In that case Detailing World is your friend :thumbs up:

9. ScottishA4B9

That website is the devil.......after a visit there you end up spending £100’s! Lol

Bristle Hound likes this.
  10. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Bad time of year to apply a wax to any car unless you've got a warm garage of your own .....curing times are multiplied ten fold .....cold,damp,wet weather ..etc
    By the way Autoglym UHD wax....is my favorite wax and l have purchased a few expensive waxes and resort back to this wax

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

OCDaveS4 likes this.
  11. ScottishA4B9

Yeah I agree it’s the worst time. The car currently looks like it doesn’t have anything on it at the moment. I wanted to clay bar and iron-x it before applying some wax.

jassyo06 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Paulbean

Paulbean Registered User

I use Poor Boys Nattys Black paste wax on mine, not expensive and you don't get any white dust from it.

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  14. RS03_SEN

RS03_SEN Registered User

I used some Maguire's ultimate paste wax I got for free from slims. Gloss from that stuff is ridiculous. Better than the swissvax best of show wax and that was +200 quid.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  15. RS03_SEN

RS03_SEN Registered User

Pic below [​IMG]

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

ScottishA4B9, jassyo06 and AllanG like this.
  16. Bristle Hound

@ScottishA4B9 - You've had me thinking about this one

When I got my new X3 last November I had a similar problem with the naff weather, so I went down the Gyeon Cure route, which I had intended being a stop gap until the better weather. Having not used Cure for sometime I forgot how good it is
    It was layering nicely as I always gave the X3 a coat after every wash, somuch so I've carried on using it for the last 12 months
    Surprisingly over the 12 month period I've only used a 1/2 a bottle & my X3 ain't small!

Another product getting good reviews is TAC Systems Shinee Wax -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAC-Syst...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I haven't tried it yet as I have a fair few products to use first - like 2 1/2 bottles of Cure to use lol

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  17. ScottishA4B9

Some good recommendations there guys thanks. I always said I would never have a black car......and what did I buy!!! Lol. It’s only meant to be my stop gap car until the new car arrives but I still want to detail within an inch of its life....just can’t help myself! Lol

Bristle Hound likes this.
  18. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Winter is a pain for any kind of detailing. Damp weather, cold etc only good thing is the products/soap don’t get baked on before you can do anything about it.
    I would say as stop gap and if there’s minor swirling on the paint use something like autoglym radiant wax. It’s a filler polish with a bit of wax in it, basically super resin on steroids. I’ve had some good results on dark colour cars which is bad for showing swirls and the finish lasts a good few months. Top it off with cheap and cheerful turtle wax spray and shine now and again and it holds up quite well.