Best upgrade H7 bulbs?

wesmaster

Reaction score
Hi, my A6 candles(thats what they seem like!) need an upgrade. I know theres loads on the market. I want to avoid the fake xenons, and cant afford real xenons!
What are the best H7 upgrade bulbs??
Thanks

I've use ice white bulbs.. They can be got in any halfords or good motor factors...

I wouldn't just dismiss a quality HID set-up personally, no halogen will come close to matching their performance. I have just bought a set of Philips X-Treme Vision, they seem to to some of the most recommended of late, I'll report back when they're fitted.

I wouldn't just dismiss a quality HID set-up personally, no halogen will come close to matching their performance. I have just bought a set of Philips X-Treme Vision, they seem to to some of the most recommended of late, I'll report back when they're fitted.
Cheers James, need to get sorted this week though. Is that a complete kit with converters? don't want bulb warning on dash!!!

Speak to Trups on here from EM Tuning, I have had a couple of kits from him on here and they've always been faultless. Personal recommendation is 4300k as that's oem spec.

I had 12000k hids in my dims and threw them out.. Candles would be a better job :lol: as regards 4k ones are they for heads or dims?? I was goin to get 8000k for my dims???
Sorry for thread hijack but curiosity got the better of me

12,000k ?? As I'm sure you know, the useable light decreases as the Kelvin rating increases. I'm amazed how much more light my 4300k threw out over the 6000k ones they replaced.

I had HID's in the main beams of my A4, the light output was great, but it took them up to five secs to warm up, which meant they're not great when there's other traffic about as you get that delay time.

I'm just going to use quality halogens in the mains from now on.

I've heard good things about Ring too, and also PIAA.

As above, an aftermarket HID kit will transform the lighting, if your concerned over fault codes they do canbus coded ones too. Ive never had to wait for the ballasts to warm up either so i suppose it depends on what kit you buy.

4300/ 6000K are both fine, I've ran 6000k on my previous cars as i prefer the whiter light. 12000K would be almost useless - blue/purple colour.

*edit * sorry for the old post bump - i didn't see the post dates, man this page doesn't have much traffic :S

It's an interesting topic though. I think we all agree that HID's are ultimately the brightest, but some people just want halogen bulbs, and of course there's main beams to consider.

I have just got some Philips Xtreme Vision for my mains and I'm quite pleased with them. They're not as bright as the previous HID's I had in my mains, but a lot more practical. I'd like to try some Ring or PIAA to see how they compare.