Facelift Best Tyres For FL S3

whispering john

Reaction score
Will have to replace all 4 tyres on the face lift s3 soon what do people recommend??? Bridgestone Turanza fitted only lasted 9000 miles. Thanks in advance

I personally like Goodyear asymetrics good tyre at the right price , they do have good rim protection also.Michelins are a tad superior but a fair bit dearer you get what you pay for .

Reactions: Rayner_1704, 4K, JM 772 and 1 other person
It's really all depends on your budget mate, can range from Goodyear, Conti’s, pirelli, Michelin etc etc l really like my p zero tyres fitted to my car for looks and grip but there a tad noisy but I think this down to very cold weather we have been getting lately, it's horses for courses you pays yer.... etc etc

Reactions: Broonie22 and Audi Bairn
Can't speak highly enough of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. If you have 19" alloys, then check out the Michelin PS 4s tyres.

Reactions: keenu, Mark_86 and Audi Bairn
All depends on your use of the car.

Reactions: Jimbo10
Mine came with P Zero and I can't complain too much but as jassy says they're a bit noisy. But they have excellent rim protection.
I'm always partial to a bit Michelin, my preferred shoes for my cars so I'll be going for Pilot Sports again when the time comes. Great all rounders.

Had conti sportcontact 5 on my A3 originally and although good tires, didn’t last. Went and got Michelin PS4’s and they’ve been great. Done 13000 miles on them and still have 3mm. Recommend Costco for them if you can, work out £100 a tyre fitted

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 'S' tyres replaced my Conti's... brilliant tyre. Also recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's...

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Audi Bairn
Think will change to the Michelin Pilot 4 when I need to change.. Though not the S variant, those looked priceeyy as far as I remember.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It's really all depends on your budget mate, can range from Goodyear, Conti’s, pirelli, Michelin etc etc l really like my p zero tyres fitted to my car for looks and grip but there a tad noisy but I think this down to very cold weather we have been getting lately, it's horses for courses you pays yer.... etc etc
Couldn't agree more. I have p zeros too. Only done 1200 miles but so far so good.

I personally like Goodyear asymetrics good tyre at the right price , they do have good rim protection also.Michelins are a tad superior but a fair bit dearer you get what you pay for .

I thought that, until I kerbed one of my alloys with them. The ASY3 have very poor rim protection, however the previous incarnation, the ASY2 were much better in protecting. Wet protection they're OK, I still don't think they're as good as the ASY2 were.

After having heard v positive things I will be trying Michelin PS4's next time.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, miles better than the garbage contis that the care came with

Reactions: 4K

Don't rate Pirelli tyres generally, they don't wear very well. Seem ok, but quickly alarming quickly near end of life

Reactions: 4K
If you've got 18'' wheels get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, changed all four on my car and the difference from the standard Bridgestone Turanza's is night and day. If 19'' get the Pilot Sport 4S.

Reactions: DylanW and Jassyo06
If you've got 18'' wheels get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, changed all four on my car and the difference from the standard Bridgestone Turanza's is night and day. If 19'' get the Pilot Sport 4S.
Hi hamza. Like you vids mate. I have michelin ps4 on the s3 and agreed they are great.

Reactions: TR Hamza
Hi hamza. Like you vids mate. I have michelin ps4 on the s3 and agreed they are great.

Agreed keep them coming, really enjoy them.

Would be good to see some detailed reviews again, really liked that format.

Thank you mate, yeah they really transformed the car, I actually enjoy the handling a lot more now.

Agreed keep them coming, really enjoy them.

Would be good to see some detailed reviews again, really liked that format.

Definitely, I like making them in that format too, just wanted to break it up with a few casual videos. I've just put up an RS4 B8 video in the original format, check it out when you can mate

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thank you mate, yeah they really transformed the car, I actually enjoy the handling a lot more now.

Definitely, I like making them in that format too, just wanted to break it up with a few casual videos. I've just put up an RS4 B8 video in the original format, check it out when you can mate
Excellent, will do. Top man