Best Tyre's for Audi A3 TDI 1.9

spaceman86

Reaction score
Looking for a new set of tyres guys. 245.45.17 is the tyre size with Audi sport alloy wheels. Before committing I just wanted to know the best tyre brand to go for.........

Ive got Bridgestone Potenzas on mine... They are made for any tyre size. Sticks to the road. Bro had the same on his and hes had them over 2 years now. Treat is hard wearing.

Quite pricey though.

If your based in Manchester... Texs Tyres are relatively cheap.

Texs Tyres Manchester - Tyre Fix - Manchester Tex's Tyres

Hope you get fixed up cheapish!

Looking for a new set of tyres guys. 245.45.17 is the tyre size with Audi sport alloy wheels. Before committing I just wanted to know the best tyre brand to go for.........

Are you sure they are 245/45 R17?? The 17" wheels normally come with 225/45 R17 on the A3...

As for tyres, Michelin for me, but Bridgestone and Good Year are good too. They may cost a bit more, but they will last longer in the long run...

bridgestone potenza re050a on mine stick to the road wet or dry !

Reactions: weela89
If you want a very good reasonably priced tyre then go for falken FK-452.

And buy them from camskill and you're laughing.

If you want a very good reasonably priced tyre then go for falken FK-452.

And buy them from camskill and you're laughing.

I can vouch for these as well. Had them on my last two cars and for the price you won't find better.

Also Camskill are great! You won't believe how quick they manage to get tyres to you.

Got a set of Good Year Eagle Asymmetric 2 from tyreshopper.com for around £380 fitted and balanced. 225 45 r17.
You may wanna consider.

Well you might find this an odd recommendation. My new A3 (TDI Quattro sport) has Hankook tyres. When I saw them I thought what the !!!!
I was expecting one of the "name" brands. Have done 5000 miles on them and all I can say is they stick to the road in all conditions like the proverbial to the shovel , and seem quiet as well. I understand they are a brand better known on the continent. I would have no hesitation buying them as replacements . If you want to know the exact name of them I'll look when I get home.