Facelift Best tyres for 18 inch S3 wheels

Tom L

Reaction score
Hi all, got a screw through the outer edge of my tyre so not repairable. Car is only 3 weeks old and has the Bridgestone Turanza T005s on, what is the best tyres people are running or should I just get any Bridgestone to match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same tyres (car was supplied with the tyres and they have only done 6,000 miles). Your car is only 3 weeks old so why not get a tyre exactly the same and then switch to the tyres you actually want when they are worn out? You would have to at minimum switch both front tyres and some people say all four should be the same on a Quattro. I intend to go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 when my tyres need changing but there are many recommendations.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSS-S3 and GSB
I have the same tyres (car was supplied with the tyres and they have only done 6,000 miles). Your car is only 3 weeks old so why not get a tyre exactly the same and then switch to the tyres you actually want when they are worn out? You would have to at minimum switch both front tyres and some people say all four should be the same on a Quattro. I intend to go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 when my tyres need changing but there are many recommendations.

Solid, sensible advice. Replace the tyre with an identical one now, add the PSS4 super-hyped super-hoops when they're worn out.

It's seen like you can't get the Turanza T005 anymore, has anyone got a P zero or T001?

I'd avoid Pirelli - superb grip etc etc but, as discussed in other threads, you won't get 10k miles out of a set.

Ok cheers think I'll go for T001s

Conti 5 l have just replaced my rear tyres at 24,300 miles,the fronts lasted for 23,300....ergo...

I replaced my Turanza tyres with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 within a month of my S3 being delivered. Hated the Turanza's. Can't fault the Pilots in dry or wet conditions. Would have got the Pilot Sport 4S but they only do them in 19" upwards I believe.

Michelin crossclimate plus(+) all season tyres

Great grip in all weathers and you don't need a winter set. Retailing fully fitted @ £127 at tyreshopper online - fulfilled by national tyres nationwide. The only problem is they don't do 19s at present. Oh, and take the optional accidental tyre damage guarantee @£6 per tyre - already saved me once (nail).

Will be personal choice at the end of the day but I went for Michellin P4S' for my 19" OEM S3 wheels based on the following:

IMG 2576
IMG 2577
IMG 2578
IMG 2579

I'm a Cross Climate 18" fan, they are doing pretty well so far.

Only had them fitted this evening but I've got for a set of Michelin PS4 tyres. Would have gone with super sports but it seems like the PS4 is the direct replacement for Super Sports unless you have 19" wheels and can go for the PS4S version.

If these PS4's are as good as the old MPSS's I'm going to be very happy at £96 a corner!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
But can you even get the PS4S in 18? I only saw PS4.
Unfortunately not. If you want PS4S's you'll need to acquire a set of saloon 19's for an OEM look or some other 19" wheels with suitable offset, PCD and width.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I went for 225/40 18 MICHELIN PS4 92Y
PS4S was not available for 18'.

I spent 630€ for 4 tyres and mounting labour (labour was 77€ so the difference is the cost of the 4 tyres)

Unfortunately I did not drive the car enough to make a full comparison with the original Contis. The first immediate impression I had leaving the tyre shop is that the PS4 are a "softer" ride on bad tarmac...but maybe because it is a new fresh tyre and the Contis where 4 years old and the rubber hardened with time...I do not know...

i just got front puncture and went with 2 good year asymmetrics....good value 4 money