Best tyre?

Aato

Audi A6 C7
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm going to be getting my wheels repainted soon and I'm going to go ahead and change all 4 tyres too. Now I've been pricing Pirelli P Zeros but they're just a little bit expensive especially when getting wheels redone too. My tyre specs are 255/35R20. What would you reccomend for next best tyre or just a little bit cheaper with good performance and not too loud etc? Thanks in advance!

I've been using Goodyear EfficientGrip, very pleased, very low road noise.
I'll look into them now. My wheels have curb marks on them from previous owner and I tried to ignore them but just can't anymore and also I put 1 curb mark recently on them lol. I also have to figure out my centre caps I need to get new black ones but Veeman only have Matt black caps and my wheels are going gloss black I wonder will it look weird with a Matt black centre cap

Yes, the Goodyears I've got are 'rim protection' design so they bulge out a bit at the sides, I guess.

Uniroyal rainsport shark skin stuff.... incredible grip... Pirelli's and dunlops get very noisy about half way through their life

Uniroyal rainsport shark skin stuff.... incredible grip... Pirelli's and dunlops get very noisy about half way through their life
I'll research those now too thanks a lot. I'm looking for the good years but can't seem to find them in 255/35R20 maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

I’ve got Falken Fk510’s on mine & they've got a decent bit of rim protection & I’ve got 9x20 as opposed to your 8.5x20 wheels.

B64C3B6C 24DA 44F2 ABE7 8C7E7185671B

Bridgestone Potenza fitted and have nothing bad to say about them

goodyear eagle F1 for rim protection, switched to toyos to save some money and havent had any issues

Reactions: J10NMM
If you want plenty of objective test results, head to: https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

On the RHS of that page you'll see plenty of 202o "Summer Tyre Tests" - have a look through these and you should be able to get a feeling for the better performing tyres, and see which ones are reasonably priced.

Bit late to the party but I had some Pirelle P-Zeros which I've just changed to Bridgestone Turanza T005's. A rated wet grip and B rated fuel.

Got them from national tyres which includes the tyre warranty which is normally £7.5 a tyre. One of the techs down there said order them from their website as the tyre was £249 each in store or £138 on their website (how does that work) ?????

Also Googled a discount code and got another 5% off so in total cost £528 so happy days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T McLaren using Tapatalk

So I haven't bought tires yet but will be very soon. Still undecided on which tire exactly to get, Uniroyal Rainsport 5 have mixed reviews on Google and still need to review some others.

Will be getting wheels sprayed gloss black so hoping to change all 4 tires while I'm at it.

Also tire size is 255/35/20 would I be right in saying 255 is 10j or 9j? Reason for asking is some tire websites ask for tire width in j lol

So I haven't bought tires yet but will be very soon. Still undecided on which tire exactly to get, Uniroyal Rainsport 5 have mixed reviews on Google and still need to review some others.

Will be getting wheels sprayed gloss black so hoping to change all 4 tires while I'm at it.

Also tire size is 255/35/20 would I be right in saying 255 is 10j or 9j? Reason for asking is some tire websites ask for tire width in j lol

Wheel width is the "J" you will usually find it stamped on the rear of your wheel spokes

255 will fit the 8.5" J width rim. it will also fit the 9" and stretch to a 10" depending upon the brand.

Just a quick one as needed 2 front tyres after MOT Advisory ( looked fine with tread ok just a bit feathered at edge due to PAS ) & decided just to go for the same Bridgestones as the rear- not a big fan of Kwik Fit but shopping around found they were the cheapest with them offering a discount of 10 % off Goodyears & Bridgestones presently.

Surprising they were cheaper than Black Circle +National Tyres on line.

Screen Shot 2020 08 13 at 085446