Best tyre for A3 Sportback 1.4 Cod s-line 2017

Cloudytoo

Reaction score
6 months on from purchase, I am not massively impressed with the Hannok Ventus S1 evo 2 that came with the car. From recent experience, can anybody recommend a better tyre (225/40 R18 92Y) for my A3 update 1.4 cod sportback s-line? My inclination is to go with Conti's, what you think?

Mine has Pirelli Cinturatos from new. Seem really good to me and pretty quiet.

Reactions: Cloudytoo
The fleet company who look after maintenance on my diesel have fitted Bridgestone RE050. They are terrible in comparison. Sliding about everywhere. Terrible tyre ! Avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodyear Eagle F1's, they stick like glue and have a nice amount of rim protection built in

Michelin Crossclimate.
:yes:

Any views on these? would love a tyre that does winter and summer seasons efficiently. In Italy it gets down to -6 ish in the winter but then +35 in the summer. not encountered many tyres that are capable of these 2 extremes. Iv got Pirelli Cinturatos on at the mo and they have a really good wet grip rating so they have been excellent.

Gone for the Michelin Cross Climate +XL. What a difference in traction and reduction in noise levels. Will be calling in to my local Audi dealer (Bristol) and letting them know my feelings on the tyres they supply with their expensive vehicles. I now know that Hankook tyres are a cheap option.

Reactions: Ormesome
Gone for the Michelin Cross Climate +XL. What a difference in traction and reduction in noise levels. Will be calling in to my local Audi dealer (Bristol) and letting them know my feelings on the tyres they supply with their expensive vehicles. I now know that Hankook tyres are a cheap option.

Out of interest, bud, what did you end up paying ? And for which size ?