Best Tyre Dressing

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Over the years I seen to have tried most of the mainstream tyre dressings.

They all end up throwing bits of the dressing all over the car bodywork, no matter how little you use or how much you buff it end.

The last I used was Megs Endurance.

What do people recommend?

I've heard that Kiwi Parade Gloss shoe polish does a good job! Don't know if anybody has tried that!

It's the way you apply it. I use af gloss tyre dressing. Sprayed onto my applicator then rubbed onto my tyres and no problems of slinging the dressing

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Have been using chemical guys for the past few months, spray on applicator no issues, easy to apply and lasts a few weeks. Just got some autosmart highstyle to try out as I've heard good things

@ScottishS3 - Tried quite a few and kept coming back to Megs Endurance
Recently I have been using CarPlan Tyre Slik & have found it out performs the Megs
I always spray on the tyres at the end of the day and let it dry overnight. Never had a problem with any fling with it either.

Worst tyre dressing I used? Autoglymn tyre dressing. One use & it ended up in the bin!

Tried this as a tyre dressing before ;) :D -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278354

@ScottishS3 - Tried quite a few and kept coming back to Megs Endurance
Recently I have been using CarPlan Tyre Slik & have found it out performs the Megs
I always spray on the tyres at the end of the day and let it dry overnight. Never had a problem with any fling with it either.

Worst tyre dressing I used? Autoglymn tyre dressing. One use & it ended up in the bin!

Tried this as a tyre dressing before ;) :D -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278354

Bang on with the AG Tyre Dressing BH. However, use their Rubber Care as a tyre dressing and it's a different story.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I actually quite like the Autoglym tyre dressing. I've used the Megs 'endurance' gel but it doesn't really endure for long.

I normally get a good few weeks out of Megs! Works even better if you top Megs with some CarPlan Tyre Silk.

Auto finesse gloss, it's epic stuff! All I use and I detail a lot!

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Do you guys reckon the performance of they tyre gel is affected by how clean the tyre sidewalls are to begin with? I find that even after washing the bodywork, the tyres are still dirty, even though I go over the sidewalls gently with some dilute all purpose cleaner. I think some thorough cleaning of the tyre should provide a better base for the tyre gel/shine to stick better and possibly for longer. I used some Meguiars Endurance Tyre gel and it seemed to a decent job. I've not used the car much in the last few weeks and the gel has just started to wear off a little, you can tell that it's been applied a while back.

People complain about tyre gel going up the side of the car but it's often down to people not drying the tyre first so the water flicks up. If you can then leave the car a while for them to dry before applying. I usually give them a quick wipe round with a bit of kitchen roll first.

Reactions: Ollie2014
You could yous a leaf blower or a vac with the exhaust out of a port that you can attach the hose to

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: batch
Swissvax pneu is supposed to be very good. will get some next time I need but have so much stuff to use up first! Using megs at the moment and it's pretty good

I have always found Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel to be excellent stuff!

Turtle Wax T-12KT Jet Black Endura-Shine Tire Coat Kit is the stuff you want if you can get it. A chap called "ChrisFix" on YouTube reviewed this product for being the best and long lasting tyre shine product lasting up to 4-6 months?!

Adams tire shine is my go to one at the moment, lasts a very long time and is super shiny as long as you follow the instructions

I've always liked zaino z16, leaves the tyres a deep black sheen without looking sticky or overly glossy.
Have recently bought a poorboys product which is a little more glossy but still looks like a fresh tyre.

I like to keep tyres and dashboards "as new", it not shiny!

I use the poor boys one. I like things to look standard but shiny tyres look great in the sun

Reactions: batch
I've been a novice detailer for 20+ years and used a variety of products.
For the last couple of years I've been using both Meguires Endurance and Autoglym Tyre shine.
Both products came recommended from car enthusiasts/forums after I had no success in previous products.

What I will say is that both products are crap. They don't last more than a week or so and if it rains, then less than that. I only do 150 miles a week.
The reason I haven't changed is that I have no confidence in any tyre shines as a long lasting product but I am very willing to try a new one if I can be convinced.

AG Tyre Sheen is mince. If I'm buying AG stuff I'll by Rubber and Vinyl care. Much better. However, tyre sheen no matter what it is, is better than none.
My old favourite now been on three weeks. Quick top up last week.

CarPlan Tyre Silk.

I got some of this from b&M for the Polo's weekly wash and for the money its pretty good, and so easy to apply.

Reactions: Scottyg
ASDA are doing it just now for £2.50 a can. It's brilliant. Won Auto Express best tyre dressing countless years in a row! Bang for your buck its superb. I just top it up in the summer every 4-5 days and it stays black as....! The pic above is 3 weeks old with a few top ups!

I would head over to G-Techniq as their Products I find are really good. I use T1, stays on mine for weeks at a time.

G

No tyre dressing will sling its all in the prep and the application process!

However seeing as I have used every tyre dressing known to man, the 2 best that work for me is 1) megs endurance 2) KKD Tyrosol

KKD tyrosol being my favourite as it last for a very long time, a little goes a long way and can be applied to your needs ie glossy satin etc.... best bang for you buck on the market!

Armour All Protectant Gloss Finish- People mainly use this for plastics- however ...Have used it for years on tyres, sprayed onto a sponge and wiped around the tyre. Provides a great quick finish and never slings. Lasts pretty well too at its price point. Suprised it never makes it on the list for Auto Express reviews.

Jungle

Just bought tyre sheen that I first used when I got into detailing 20 + years ago. AG Rubber and Vinyl Care. Much better than there actual tyre sheen.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Bristle Hound
Over the years I seen to have tried most of the mainstream tyre dressings.

They all end up throwing bits of the dressing all over the car bodywork, no matter how little you use or how much you buff it end.

The last I used was Megs Endurance.

What do people recommend?

I've heard that Kiwi Parade Gloss shoe polish does a good job! Don't know if anybody has tried that!
Yes is awesome stuff. Has carnauba wax in now as well. Give a good shine with a brush, add a bit of water for a wet look shine.

I would head over to G-Techniq as their Products I find are really good. I use T1, stays on mine for weeks at a time.

G

+1 for T1

Also you do really need to clean your tyres, if you apply on mud it will fall off with the mud lol

+2 for T1. I was megs endurance then i found the sonus one was better. Tried T1 and feel that is better still.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm back on Megs Endurance tyre dressing at the mo

I've tried the Gtechniq T1 before & didn't get on with it

Just shows how subjective this Detailing malarchy is lol

Yes is awesome stuff. Has carnauba wax in now as well. Give a good shine with a brush, add a bit of water for a wet look shine.

Tried this both ways, a little wet and straight on. Not for me. Doesn't give the look I like. So I'm back to CarPlan Tyre Silk for now!

Definitely a happy medium to achieve , brushing on wet looks the nuts to some but is like the Tiswas Phantom Flan Flinger on the move .

Tyre Silk doesn't do that .

Reactions: Scottyg