Best time to renew insurance for best price

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
just as the total says really, when do you guys find it best to renew for the best price. Eg 4 weeks before or 2 weeks

Mines due next month. Always a fun time of year

Thanks

There's no funny business with Chris Knott regarding time frames - our prices don't change just because you've left it a bit close to the renewal.

I’ve never had a quote off you before. Drop me a pm and I’ll find the date it’s due for renewal and you could give me a quote

If you're renewing that means you're staying with the same company. If you want to do that then use all the comparison sites around three weeks before the date, see if any are cheaper than your renewal quote and then ring up your existing insurer to tell them you're cancelling if they are. They'll then (hopefully) give you a better price to retain your business.

Reactions: CHEZ and Toonsoldier91
If you're renewing that means you're staying with the same company. If you want to do that then use all the comparison sites around three weeks before the date, see if any are cheaper than your renewal quote and then ring up your existing insurer to tell them you're cancelling if they are. They'll then (hopefully) give you a better price to retain your business.

At the moment it’s slightly more then 3 weeks. Think it’ll be 3 weeks this Sunday so will get a couple quotes on the sites then go from there

This∆

9 times out of 10 your present insurance company will bend over and magically offer you a lower price to keep you.
Be armed with a few quotes written down.

Crooks the lot of them :blink:

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
I just binned Direct Crime because my renewal was £745 and I was getting comparison quotes around half that. They weren't getting a chance to go lower after that urine extraction!

It's up to them to pay Harvey Keitel's wages, not me!

Reactions: Ron240, CHEZ and Toonsoldier91
My insurance company dropped my renewal price by 20%, even on the add-ons (Legal cover ) when I told them I could get it cheaper else where.

Reactions: simonali and CHEZ
20% wouldn't have been enough. I had quotes starting with a 3 and theirs started with a 7.