Best TDi PD tuning box

KennyBradley

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if I'm covering old ground here. I've had a look through the archive but not found anything conclusive.

Who makes the best tuning boxes for a TDi PD?

I realise a chip would be best but because of my location I have to get something I can fit myself.

Appart from performance it has to be smooth, not create too much black smoke and not cause any future engine problems.

What would you recommend?

Cheers Kenny
130PD

erm try star performance mate they do a mail order SP1/2 revo chip/remap

they send you a box, you plug it in send it back, then they tune it and send it too you! you plug it in and hey presto 170BHp at least!

That sounds like a good solution. I take it the 'box' plugs into the OBD port, reads all the code, then Revo send back software compatible with that code?

Much better than piggyback - they should be able to offer code that's more specific to your car, rather than a generic boost-upper.

Drew.

correct!!!!!

im going for that after speaking to jim at star performance!

That does sound like an ideal compromise. Anybody have any first hand experience of this set up?

Cheers Kenny

Did you go for this in the end? I am thinking of doing the same and am interested in your results.

The costs for a serial port remap look very good; I'd be interested in seeing the torque curve if anyone has used these guys?