Best steering lock?

Bonstio

Reaction score
I bought a steering lock "Stoplock HG 134-66 Steering Wheel Lock Airbag 4x4 - Yellow/Grey" like this one (Amazon product) but it's a bit tight on the steering wheel and is leaving marks in the alcantara wheel.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something which fits a bit better please?

Thanks!

The Stoplock Pro is the one to have! Fits more loosely on the wheel and will fit over either side of the buttons at 3 o’clock on the steering wheel so means they have to make 2 cuts not one to remove it.

The Stoplocks fit perfect across the passenger footwell too for when in motion and doesn’t budge.

Reactions: BadBoyWhiteRaps, DW81 and Bonstio
Sounds better! So no marks on the alcantara wheel I guess?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sounds better! So no marks on the alcantara wheel I guess?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hardly anything, after 10 months I do occasionally get in and see a bit of a flat spot where it rests on the front but I just brush my hand over it and it goes... small price to pay for what is quite a powerful visual deterrent. I don’t think you’d get anything to wrap around your steering wheel for all the hours you aren’t driving without it leaving the slightest bit of evidence, I even put mine on in the extremely secure garage... if I’ve got it, it seems silly to not put it on. Seeing a steering lock on the car in my small garage might be the final straw for an otherwise determined thief....

You can get the full coverage disclocks but the idea of having to store that in the car just isn’t practical and the Stoplock is just so easy to use. If you rest it with one end tucked in the back left corner of the passenger mat and the other pointing up to the top right no matter how hard you turn in it doesn’t go sliding about which is brilliant. When I first had it in my S3 I put it in the boot, the noises it used to make :sadlike:

People in work always make comments, how I’ve got old banger security on my 50k Audi but the Police themselves said to use old fashioned security methods I think in a news story I saw posted on here a while back. They might be able to get around software, but a big lump of metal is the same now as it was 20 years ago and security which can’t be overcome by little quirks... I will never stop using mine.

Reactions: Callump01
Disklok for me, only problem is the covers seem to be like gold dust at the moment!

Disklok here too.....

Protective cover on the wheel first(optional extra at time of purchase) means no marks.

Then it goes in a protective case that can go either in the boot or it fits under the passenger seat.