Best Spec Clutch & Flywheel Offers Available

HHS3

Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+
Reaction score
Hi All,

After a lot of looking around, I have found the best Spec supplier with the cheapest prices available for new kits. I've just ordered the Spec 2+ Clutch (SV873H-2) & Steel SMF (SV87S) for only £869.97 from Ultra Rev, this includes the cost of delivery from America as well. Other suppliers wanted the following for the exact same kit: Garage Whifbitz (garagewhifbitz.co.uk) £1,155.69, LMPerformance (specclutches.com) £969.84 and Enjuku Racing Parts (specclutchsuperstore.com) £950.05.

Ultra Rev are a company who sell on ebay as ultrarevparts. Walter who I've been speaking to and is very helpful, said that anyone who would like the same deal as I got can contact him at walter@ultrarev.com, he'll confirm your order and prices before creating a PayPal invoice for you.

Walter confirmed that the clutch kit comes with the plate, disc, throw-out, lineup tool, and pressure plate bolts. The flywheel comes with new crank bolts etc.

Here are some useful links:
S3Alex and Smirky have both proven that the Spec 3+ clutch & steel SMF works well with no faults, Michael has been running the Spec 2+ as well with no problems. When I spoke with Spec directly, they said that both need bedding in, although people haven't with the 3+ which hasn't caused them any issues whatsoever. The only difference between the two is that the 3+ is carbon semi-metallic on both sides leading to a higher torque rating, whereas the 2+ is carbon semi-metallic on one side and Kevlar on the other.

I was initially after a Sachs Organic Clutch & LUK DMF prior to going stage 2+ next year, however these have been known to start slipping on aggressive maps and organic clutches do no like drag starts/launches which takes a lot of fun out of it for me. The cheapest I found this for was £725 from TSR Performance but they're only rated to 390lbs which is what stage 2+ can see on aggressive maps. There is a Sachs Sintered Clutch & LUK DMF of which is rated to 475lbs but this is a paddle clutch which are horrible to use in everyday driving, I do a lot of town driving to and from work and so this didn't sound very suitable for me. So spending an additional £145 for a bulletproof Spec 2+ Clutch & Steel SMF rated to 450lbs to cope with stage 2+ seemed like a no brainer, going for Spec 3+ is only an extra £140 or so but that's only needed if looking to go above 450lbs with a bigger turbo and internals etc.

I am by no means a sales rep for Ultra Rev, but thought I would just share the great deals they offer for Spec clutches to save people being let down by the Organic clutches which have been proven to not cope in some cases, or the Sachs & Loba SMF kit which has problems engaging/disengaging gear at high rpm whereas the Spec does not.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simply D, Max Read, xpoweruk and 1 other person
Good work.

My Spec served me well.

Reactions: HHS3
Thanks Alex, especially as it was you who brought Spec into the equation when considering what clutch & flywheel to go for.

Hi All,

After a lot of looking around, I have found the best Spec supplier with the cheapest prices available for new kits. I've just ordered the Spec 2+ Clutch (SV873H-2) & Steel SMF (SV87S) for only £869.97 from Ultra Rev, this includes the cost of delivery from America as well. Other suppliers wanted the following for the exact same kit: Garage Whifbitz (garagewhifbitz.co.uk) £1,155.69, LMPerformance (specclutches.com) £969.84 and Enjuku Racing Parts (specclutchsuperstore.com) £950.05.

Ultra Rev are a company who sell on ebay as ultrarevparts. Walter who I've been speaking to and is very helpful, said that anyone who would like the same deal as I got can contact him at walter@ultrarev.com, he'll confirm your order and prices before creating a PayPal invoice for you.

Walter confirmed that the clutch kit comes with the plate, disc, throw-out, lineup tool, and pressure plate bolts. The flywheel comes with new crank bolts etc.

Here are some useful links:
I was initially after a Sachs Organic Clutch & LUK DMF prior to going stage 2+ next year, however these have been known to start slipping on aggressive maps and organic clutches do no like drag starts/launches which takes a lot of fun out of it for me. The cheapest I found this for was £725 from TSR Performance but they're only rated to 390lbs which is what stage 2+ can see on aggressive maps. There is a Sachs Sintered Clutch & LUK DMF of which is rated to 475lbs but this is a paddle clutch which are horrible to use in everyday driving, I do a lot of town driving to and from work and so this didn't sound very suitable for me. So spending an additional £145 for a bulletproof Spec 2+ Clutch & Steel SMF rated to 450lbs to cope with stage 2+ seemed like a no brainer, going for Spec 3+ is only an extra £140 or so but that's only needed if looking to go above 450lbs with a bigger turbo and internals etc.

I am by no means a sales rep for Ultra Rev, but thought I would just share the great deals they offer for Spec clutches to save people being let down by the Organic clutches which have been proven to not cope in some cases, or the Sachs & Loba SMF kit which has problems engaging/disengaging gear at high rpm whereas the Spec does not.

Cheers.

Great work, I have been struggling to decide my self garage whiffbitz quoted me £1355 for stage 3+, my long term plan will be a tte/420 which I think is going to be close to the torque figures of the 2+ so I might just pay the extra to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done , just hope you don't get hit with import duties .

Very true! I'll let people know how this goes.

Great work, I have been struggling to decide my self garage whiffbitz quoted me £1355 for stage 3+, my long term plan will be a tte/420 which I think is going to be close to the torque figures of the 2+ so I might just pay the extra to be safe

For peace of mind as you're going bigger turbo, I'd go with the Spec 3+ just to be safe. The thought of your clutch slipping after already spending out on the part, let alone labour to then only have to go back in is what put me off the Sachs.

Drop walter@ultrarev.com a message as a Spec 3+ clutch and steel SMF will work out to around £1010 (including delivery) from Ultra Rev. The difference between them and garage whifbitz is the cost of fitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben2487

For peace of mind as you're going bigger turbo, I'd go with the Spec 3+ just to be safe. The thought of your clutch slipping after already spending out on the part, let alone labour to then only have to go back in is what put me off the Sachs.

Drop walter@ultrarev.com a message as a Spec 3+ clutch and steel SMF will work out to around £1010 (including delivery) from Ultra Rev. The difference between them and garage whifbitz is the cost of fitment.

I think this makes sense.

I can't think of anything else for a manual car that is going to work as well.
The 3+ has been on my car for just over 4yrs,and finally gave in after all that time on not less than 450lbs,and over the last year at 540lbs.

That's not bad at all.

I've currently got Sachs performance single mass flywheel and organic plate clutch (392 lbs/ft) and running stage 2+ with 372 lbs/ft. I've pretty much made my mind up that I'm getting a tte420 and very close to ordering the required hardware. For piece of mind I think I should get the spec 3+ do you reackon it will be ok to keep the current flywheel in as its only done 2000 miles and been in just over a year? I was also thinking of staying with my current setup and seeng fit will hold for a while but I don't think it will, any thought much appreciated

I've currently got Sachs performance single mass flywheel and organic plate clutch (392 lbs/ft) and running stage 2+ with 372 lbs/ft. I've pretty much made my mind up that I'm getting a tte420 and very close to ordering the required hardware. For piece of mind I think I should get the spec 3+ do you reackon it will be ok to keep the current flywheel in as its only done 2000 miles and been in just over a year? I was also thinking of staying with my current setup and seeng fit will hold for a while but I don't think it will, any thought much appreciated

My advice would be to keep the current Sachs clutch.

It may very well cope with added torque(mine managed 440lbs before it started to slip),and if you treat it sensibly,then you may be as fortunate.

My advice would be to keep the current Sachs clutch.

It may very well cope with added torque(mine managed 440lbs before it started to slip),and if you treat it sensibly,then you may be as fortunate.

I think I may just do that then and see what happens

Reactions: S3Alex

So after a little discussion with good old Walter himself I've got a stage 3+ on order thanks for sharing the info.

Reactions: Rob C, HHS3 and S3Alex
So after a little discussion with good old Walter himself I've got a stage 3+ on order thanks for sharing the info.

No worries mate, that's great to hear! Would you mind stating how much it cost you all in? As the Spec 2+ & steel SMF was £870 (including delivery), I imagine the Spec 3+ and steel SMF to be around the £1100 mark.

I received my Fedex tracking information yesterday, I should be receiving my Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF on the 6th!

Reactions: Hookmonster
He said I can have the same discount as you it was £977.58 an absolute bargain!
Cheaper than the complete Sachs kit.

Reactions: HHS3
He said I can have the same discount as you it was £977.58 an absolute bargain!
Cheaper than the complete Sachs kit.

That is a cracking deal! I meant to say in my previous post that I estimate it to be around the £1010 mark, so £978 is mentally good, especially when you consider that garage whifbitz quoted you £1355 which is the cost of fitment in price difference.

Well I'm unsure how that works I think they pull a few items in everyone now and again to check if requires tax so I think it's bit of a gamble really but worse case scenario and I have to pay the tax it will still work out cheaper than buying it here.

Cracking deal there. What aboit import tax then? Is there?

Well I'm unsure how that works I think they pull a few items in everyone now and again to check if requires tax so I think it's bit of a gamble really but worse case scenario and I have to pay the tax it will still work out cheaper than buying it here.

Like Ben said, even if Import Tax has to be paid then it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying from anywhere else. Mines been in Lakewood, Newark and is currently in transit from Memphis of which it should be delivered next Tuesday the 6th, so I'll let you know if I get hit with Import Tax.

Reactions: 8989james p
Well I emailed the guy yesterday afternoon using the above address and not had a reply yet. Hoping to get on this train too as my clutch has started slipping. From what I've read above you email him direct to walter@ultrarev.com? Hope I hear back soon as I want to get this sorted out ASAP.

Well I emailed the guy yesterday afternoon using the above address and not had a reply yet. Hoping to get on this train too as my clutch has started slipping. From what I've read above you email him direct to walter@ultrarev.com? Hope I hear back soon as I want to get this sorted out ASAP.

That's the correct email to contact Walter on. I'm not sure on his working hours and there is the time difference as well but I found he replied later the same day, apart from once when their systems were down, so you should get a response today. You can also message ultrarevparts on ebay, their homepage is in my original post.

He got in touch late last night. They had an early Friday finish and a holiday Monday. Will be placing my order today. Thanks for doing the research and finding this supplier. Really good deal even if I do get hit with import duty.

Reactions: Ben2487, HHS3 and S3Alex
Like Ben said, even if Import Tax has to be paid then it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying from anywhere else. Mines been in Lakewood, Newark and is currently in transit from Memphis of which it should be delivered next Tuesday the 6th, so I'll let you know if I get hit with Import Tax.

Today's the day! Do you have a present in the house waiting for you?

Today's the day! Do you have a present in the house waiting for you?

Unfortunately not, the status has changed to pending with a message saying 'No scheduled delivery date available at this time', I've therefore contacted Walter and FedEx to see what is happening.

I've never dealt with Import Tax before so don't know how it works, but I haven't received a call/text/email or anything. I've also got a Lamin-x order from the US which was last tracked to London (presumably an airport) a couple of weeks ago. Am I meant to be doing something? As I was under that I would get contacted if Import Tax was due.

Last time I had to pay duty I had one of those missed delivery notices through the door saying that my package was at the Royal Mail Depot and required an Import Duty Payment to be released which I could do over the phone and it would be delivered the next day or I could go to the Depot to pay and collect. This was a few years ago and might have changed since then and again that was dealing with the royal mail. Unsure what the procedure is with a Courier. I would at least have thought that the courier or even customs would contact you via post to let you know that a package was in their possession requiring a payment.

Last time I had to pay duty I had one of those missed delivery notices through the door saying that my package was at the Royal Mail Depot and required an Import Duty Payment to be released which I could do over the phone and it would be delivered the next day or I could go to the Depot to pay and collect. This was a few years ago and might have changed since then and again that was dealing with the royal mail. Unsure what the procedure is with a Courier. I would at least have thought that the courier or even customs would contact you via post to let you know that a package was in their possession requiring a payment.

Thanks for the info, that sounds like what the process should be so guess I may be receiving contact very soon then if Import Tax is the reason. I've contacted FedEx anyhow to speed things up, will update when I know more.

upto stage 2+ we use and recommend sachs anything above that we use clutchmasters stage6 smf kits , cant rate them highly enough

Do you have a price and torque rating out of interest on the clutch masters?

Do you have a price and torque rating out of interest on the clutch masters?

I can't see the torque rating as their website doesn't state it but it's for sale at £1040, the Spec 3+ clutch & steel SMF still works out cheaper and doubt the Clutch Masters is rated above 550lbs.

is the clutch masters kit a 6 puck? Not for daily driving?

All I can see in the description is that it is a paddle type clutch which is horrible for everyday driving I've been advised by plenty of people, whereas the Spec 2+ and 3+ are not.

http://www.tsr-performance.com/webs...ter-stage-6-tfsi-smf-clutch-kit-cmtfsistage6/

Reactions: S3Alex
Well that's my order placed with Walter. Spec Stage 3+ and Steel SMF. One less thing to worry about when adding power once fitted.

Reactions: S3Alex and Ben2487
Well that's my order placed with Walter. Spec Stage 3+ and Steel SMF. One less thing to worry about when adding power once fitted.

Walter will make a killing on this forum lol, same price as I paid?

I hope so. He deserves the business if he can offer the goods at knock down prices. Guess there was a small change in the exchange rate. I paid £957.63 including shipping to the Scottish Highlands so can't complain.

Well I hope for our sakes they all turn up and Walter ain't on a yacht in Cuba

Reactions: HHS3 and kash_v
Apparently I contacted the US based FedEx customer support team who've passed me onto the UK team of which I should hopefully be hearing back from them later today.

I've just got off the phone with FedEx, my parcel was being held at their Stansted depot due to Import Tax. The number provided by Ultra Rev was incorrect apparently which was why FedEx were unable to call me, so it is worth double checking that Walter has the correct number for you when ordering so that FedEx can call you when the time comes.

Import Tax was £181 which was a little steep, bringing the total to £1051 for a Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF with delivery from America, which is still over £100 cheaper had I gone to the UK supplier Garage Whifbitz.

Providing that the Import Tax will be a similar amount for the Spec 3+ clutch & steel SMF, which it should be as it'll weigh near enough the same (15.4 KGs) and only costs £100 more, then the total cost all in will be £1160 which again is still £200 cheaper then Garage Whifbitz.

For future reference, to anyone whose parcel is sitting in the below status 'In transit' at Stansted GB and hasn't received a call from FedEx, then give them a call on 0345 607 0809 selecting the options for where's my parcel and you'll be put through to someone who can help. If you call before 4pm then it will go out for delivery the next day, I just missed this and so will have to wait until Monday.

Import Tax

Another tip is to click on the Request Notifications button that you can see and select request updates for all of the options available to your email so that you're instantly notified of any changes, this saves you refreshing every 2 minutes like I have been for the past four days!

Last edited:
Reactions: CrypticS3
@HHS3

Thanks for the info. Just emailed Walter to get him to add my numbers to the shipping document so hopefully won't have the same issue unless it has already been shipped. But I'm hopeful as I have yet to receive tracking info.

I buy lots of things for business and hobbies from the USA and it is very rare these days to escape duty, VAT and admin charges, no matter who the carrier is. The USA folks normally put the shipping charges in with the total so you pay the 25% odd on that too. They rarely put reduced charges down, for fear of being sent to Guantanamo or something.
I gave up getting ****** off and just try to order less from there now, what with the $ rate and all the extra on top.
Just my .02cents lol.

@HHS3

Thanks for the info. Just emailed Walter to get him to add my numbers to the shipping document so hopefully won't have the same issue unless it has already been shipped. But I'm hopeful as I have yet to receive tracking info.

No worries mate, plenty of people have helped me out on here so it's good to be able to return the favour to others. As you haven't received your shipment information yet then you probably got in there just in time, even if you haven't worst case is you just call the number in my previous post as soon as you get the status I put and they'll release it the same day as long as it's before 4pm.

I buy lots of things for business and hobbies from the USA and it is very rare these days to escape duty, VAT and admin charges, no matter who the carrier is. The USA folks normally put the shipping charges in with the total so you pay the 25% odd on that too. They rarely put reduced charges down, for fear of being sent to Guantanamo or something.
I gave up getting ****** off and just try to order less from there now, what with the $ rate and all the extra on top.
Just my .02cents lol.

Until last month, I had only ever ordered one thing from the US a couple years back for $120 and it didn't attract any charges, so I was very lucky indeed! My Lamin-x order was being held for import tax as well even though Royal Mail never advised me, but luckily I sorted it yesterday as they were getting ready to send it back in the afternoon due to being held for 18 days.

They've arrived! It all looks rock solid which is good so I know that it will be able to take an absolute beating and the 390lbs I'm hoping to run through it at stage 2+ next year. Who knows, I'll maybe even test it's 450lbs capability in a couple years :whistle2:

I'm going to Storm Devs next week to have the A/C & oil pickup pipe replaced, as well as investigate the intake manifold so I will grab a quote for fitment of the Spec as well.

Reactions: dg-1984, CrypticS3, BurgoS3 and 1 other person