Best Spec Clutch & Flywheel Offers Available

Just got my tracking info so my Stage 3+ and SMF are on the way :yahoo:

Just got my tracking info so my Stage 3+ and SMF are on the way :yahoo:

If you have clicked to receive notifications you will receive an email when it reaches the uk about import tax I had to pay £209 still works out cheaper than buying it over here tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had to pay £209 still works out cheaper than buying it over here tho

Yeah for sure! I'm going to get a quote next week for fitment whilst I'm at Storm but it probably won't be going in until the new year. So you'll have to let us know what your price is like and that all the parts required are indeed there.

Yeah for sure! I'm going to get a quote next week for fitment whilst I'm at Storm but it probably won't be going in until the new year. So you'll have to let us know what your price is like and that all the parts required are indeed there.

It looks like everything a there plus a line up tool, to be honest I'm probably going to end up fitting my self as I don't trust many garages apart from one who wants £550/£600. It's not that it's a complicated job just more of a manual one, my friend is a mechanic so I'll most likely do it with him. I was hoping to get my exhaust on last week but it's still not here over 6 weeks now I hope it's worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update on mine. Just got off the phone to FedEx and paid £200 import duty for a total delivered cost from the States of £1157 for Spec Stage 3+ and Steel SMF. Just hope I don't get the dreaded email telling me I'm going back offshore (I sense this call will be very soon :frown new:). Hopefully be on my doorstep tomorrow or Wednesday.

Really happy with the overall savings and Big thanks to @HHS3 for taking the time to trawl through the interwebz, find the supplier and bring the info to us. :salute:

Reactions: S3Alex, Ben2487 and HHS3
It looks like everything a there plus a line up tool, to be honest I'm probably going to end up fitting my self as I don't trust many garages apart from one who wants £550/£600. It's not that it's a complicated job just more of a manual one, my friend is a mechanic so I'll most likely do it with him.

Sounds good mate, let us know how you get on with it.

Really happy with the overall savings and Big thanks to @HHS3 for taking the time to trawl through the interwebz, find the supplier and bring the info to us. :salute:

No worries buddy, glad to have been of help!

Hi sorry to be a bit late to reply for those who wanted to know the Clutchmasters stage 6 is yes a paddle clutch but is like driving with a standard clutch with a little added bite not harsh at all. We have these in a few S3's running 600bhp also a MK5 GTI and a Leon cupra @ 600bhp with no issues. We are the only stockist of these in the uk and keep regular stock and always have stock on order from the usa. If any members would like a quote please either mail on here or give me a call on 01278 453036 quoting audi sport
Many thanks Ricki

Reactions: kash_v
Thanks @HHS3 for the effort here. We have another satisfied Walt customer!

It might be the Trump effect, but my items didnt get stopped for import tax, so maaaassive savings gained. Pot luck I guess.

Although now ive got to find someone to fit it...any recommendations for Londoners? I may well end up taking back to Quattro-Tech as I know they will do a solid job, but its soooooooooo far...although will prob get my Revo Stage 2+ map done at the same time :s

Reactions: samuelh_888 and HHS3
Glad to have been of help and as for no import tax, very lucky indeed! That's a £300+ saving all in without having to pay for that.

AMD Tuning in Essex have great reviews on here, they've done a lot of work on S3Alex' beast.

Reactions: samuelh_888
It might be the Trump effect, but my items didnt get stopped for import tax, so maaaassive savings gained. Pot luck I guess.

Really! maybe I should order mine now but knowing my luck Trump will be gone and I'll have a Customer bill to pay.

@HHS3 - your thread helped a lot - I've been in emails coms with Walter re the Spec 2+.

Reactions: HHS3
@HHS3 - your thread helped a lot - I've been in emails coms with Walter re the Spec 2+.

Sounds good mate, I still haven't got my Spec 2+ Clutch & Steel SMF fitted yet! Funds are tight and so I'm waiting for the stock clutch to go, stage 2 should kill it off in the next 5K I imagine as it's at 63K now and has been at 310lbs+ for the last 10K.

In case you need any help spending more of your money, the only downside to a SMF setup is the clutch chatter at idle of which the following can help counter that, engine vibrations as well as a decrease in RPM drop between shifts: http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engine/Pulleys/Fluidampr-Engine-Damper-2.0T-FSI.html. Contact sales@uspmotorsports.com to purchase.

I'm also going for the Forge Short Shifter, 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushing Kit & 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bracket Bushings which all makes for a lovely, smooth gear change.

Glad to have been of help and as for no import tax, very lucky indeed! That's a £300+ saving all in without having to pay for that.

AMD Tuning in Essex have great reviews on here, they've done a lot of work on S3Alex' beast.

Essssssex aint london @HHS3 :p

I was using my stock clutch, but as I've added stuff, its started to struggle, last item being the Powerflow turbo back exhaust...its just pointing n laughing at me now whenever I attempt to go full throttle.

Essssssex aint london @HHS3 :p

I was using my stock clutch, but as I've added stuff, its started to struggle, last item being the Powerflow turbo back exhaust...its just pointing n laughing at me now whenever I attempt to go full throttle.

Haha very true, just thought they were worth an honorable mention!

I know the one, mine slips if I redline it in 1st and dump the clutch (only done it twice!), are you already at stage 2 as you mentioned exhaust and going Revo stage 2+?

nah im still only Stage 1 on the maps, im going to skip 2 and go straight to 2+

then that should be me....

Famous last words :#

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah fair enough it does make a lot of sense. If I had a DSG then I'd have done the same thing and would already be at stage 2+ now but a new clutch & flywheel, along with maintenance work over the past year has absolutely rinsed me dry for a very long time unfortunately as got lots of holidays with the misses booked as well.. :(

Haha I know that phrase all too well, I was originally only meant to get just a stage 1 remap, head unit and alloys. That went out the window and my current goal is stage 2+ as well as a million other bits and bobs, I say I won't go hybrid turbo but only time will tell!

Last edited:
Reactions: leshkin and S3Alex
this "should" be it...the next thing would be brakes after this as I had a 'mare on my last track day...but bar that I think it will just be remedial works when/if things break...

but then there's the intercooler....

Reactions: S. and HHS3
Good read this! I was planning on going for Stg2+ originally too... Slippery slope this tuning business.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there anything else I should be asking to be done at the same time that would save on labour charges down the road?

Also....what else should I be changing along side the clutch + flywheel?

Thanks

If you're planning on fitting a Fluidampr engine damper, 42DD shifter bushing kit & 42DD shifter bracket kit then it would be worth fitting these at the same time.

BAD @HHS3 !!:whip:

No, none of that is on the "official" shopping/ToDo list

must....resist...do...not..google...parts...:cold:

Haha that's the 'problem' with this forum, everyone has plenty of ways to help spend your money!

What's on your official list?

Grrrrr :rage::rage::rage:

own up...which one of you did it??

Received a nice letter from FedEx today which contained an invoice for import charges...jealousy will get you nowhere lads!!

Official list ends with the clutch n then the stage 2+ remap. I'm coming to the conclusion that the car is actually a beast!! I'm only using about 50-64% throttle, but I am tearing apart most cars on the road...gawd knows what its going to be like with the new clutch, and then the remap on top.

I might actually welcome the drop in BHP due to the lack of intercooler

Ah better luck next time then! I just had to pay £11 import tax on a £20 order if that helps ease the pain at all? :whistle2:

Credit where it is due, the S3 is a great car. I'm finding the same as you against other cars and am loving stage 2, I can only imagine what stage 2+ is like! Only cars which cost over twice as much will be able to get a good lead over it at that power.

To those that have them fitted, how are you getting on with them?