Best Service Parts (1.8T AGU)

CSS3

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm looking to service my car and replace everything necessary. I want to get the best service done on the car possible as it's going in for a map next week.

I know there's been a lot of debates in regards to oil, but I just want the best oil I can get for the car.

Any recommendations for the following ?

Best plugs to use
Best oil to use

Is there anything else anyone recommends to change for a major service? I also need my thermostat done so will be flushing the coolant.

Air filter?
Fuel filter?

Everyone prefers different oil 5w40 say VAG but some people prefer 10w40 as the cars are now older it may offer more protection.

Same with plugs, personal preference; platinum and iridium can last longer but cost more.

Fuel and air filter I got covered just wanted to check which brand oil and mix and which brand plugs

I believe the consensus is 10W40 fully synth, change frequently, but the usual suspects will be along shortly to argue any different type.
Best cheap plugs I think were BKR7E, I'm not sure what the longer laster alternatives are exactly...

I believe the consensus is 10W40 fully synth, change frequently, but the usual suspects will be along shortly to argue any different type.
Best cheap plugs I think were BKR7E, I'm not sure what the longer laster alternatives are exactly...

Thanks I'm just after top quality.

Best brand oil and mixture and also best branded plugs.

Its 5W40 not 10W40... normal spec is 5W30 but tbh there are loads of threads concerning oil so have a search (its not like this is the first time anyone has asked or for that matter that our resident oil expert will have answered ;))

BKR7E is a copper plug, cheapest available but needs to be changed every 10k realistically... also at the power levels of a K03 a 7 will be a bit too cold so stick to OE platinums or NGK BKR6EIX irridiums

<tuffty/>

Its 5W40 not 10W40... normal spec is 5W30 but tbh there are loads of threads concerning oil so have a search (its not like this is the first time anyone has asked or for that matter that our resident oil expert will have answered ;))

BKR7E is a copper plug, cheapest available but needs to be changed every 10k realistically... also at the power levels of a K03 a 7 will be a bit too cold so stick to OE platinums or NGK BKR6EIX irridiums

<tuffty/>

By any chance would you be able to link me to the best spark plugs you've listed here? Either EuroCarParts or eBay would be great, even Halfrauds.

Also is there any specific brand oil you would recommend ? Which would you recommend personally ?

Would much appreciate your help as I need this done tomorrow / over the weekend.