Facelift Best S3 Saloon Spec. Under £40k ?

I could very easily stress over this, honestly could not live without it. Just makes life easier, give it a more autonomous like feeling.

Should be called hold assist really as it’s used all the time not just on hills.

Talking about stressing out over points on a car.... Hold assist is peanuts in comparison to stressing out over the paint on yer car, my car will be going into hibernation soon until I get the front end protected they will be gritting the roads where l stay tonight
I have had hill hold assist on a few of my cars all manual cars..... Just doesn't do it for me sorry but we're all different

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and GW1
Talking about stressing out over points on a car.... Hold assist is peanuts in comparison to stressing out over the paint on yer car, my car will be going into hibernation soon until I get the front end protected they will be gritting the roads where l stay tonight
I have had hill hold assist on a few of my cars all manual cars..... Just doesn't do it for me sorry but we're all different
I wish I could put mine into hibernation for the winter; but I can’t. I have to choose between driving on winter roads in the S3 or the Mustang GT V8 ha ha, only people with a death wish use Mustangs on ice.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Looks like HHA is a bit of a marmite option, just like mono.pur was in its day lol
Oh & don't talk about the advanced key option ... :D

Reactions: The Challinor and Jassyo06
Looks like HHA is a bit of a marmite option, just like mono.pur was in its day lol
Oh & don't talk about the advanced key option ... :D

To be perfectly honest with you mate,l heard on here that HHA was to be standard on MY18 cars,prior to ordering my but l shoulda have known better....buncha Fibbers on here lol

keyless loved it on my Focus ST.....mainly because of the small key fob....and the button....it didnt say start on it.....just POWER.....lol

but its the last option l would have on a S3 for all the obvious reason

Reactions: Bristle Hound and GW1
I wish I could put mine into hibernation for the winter; but I can’t. I have to choose between driving on winter roads in the S3 or the Mustang GT V8 ha ha, only people with a death wish use Mustangs on ice.

Winter weather in a Stang....tad.... precarious l think mate lol

Reactions: GW1
Winter weather in a Stang....tad.... precarious l think mate lol
A bit more than precarious mate. I know the rear seats are a tad small in a Stang but the grim reaper fits in a treat. Lol

Reactions: glospete, DrEskimo and Jassyo06
I think the reason you think it doesn’t do it for you is precisely because your experience of it is on a manual. Try an Stronic on day to day and you’ll see the benefits. Because it is a feature that comes into action literally every minute or two when driving, it adds a significant amount to driver comfort and convenience. For me it would certainly rank above the likes of matrix headlights that’s for sure, esepciallly given the price comparison. I know that you thought it was standard on your car and so understandably a little disappointed, but I don’t think that should deter from from the fact that it is an excellent feature (on an Stronic).

Reactions: amb66, The Challinor and Tom.H

In a manual I don’t think it would be anywhere near as useful. My 8P S3 had the Hill Hold which was good as I used to live on a stupidly steep bank.

Must have on auto, probably not needed on manual.

To be perfectly honest with you mate,l heard on here that HHA was to be standard on MY18 cars,prior to ordering my but l shoulda have known better....buncha Fibbers on here lol

keyless loved it on my Focus ST.....mainly because of the small key fob....and the button....it didnt say start on it.....just POWER.....lol

but its the last option l would have on a S3 for all the obvious reason

Why is the Ford system more secure? Lol

Reactions: Pook

Believe it's standard on some Ford models. The Mrs C-Max has keyless start although you need to press lock/unlock on the keyfob to open/lock the car.

Reactions: Jassyo06
In a manual I don’t think it would be anywhere near as useful. My 8P S3 had the Hill Hold which was good as I used to live on a stupidly steep bank.

Must have on auto, probably not needed on manual.

Wouldn't think so mate but there's no ignition barrel or key just a fob

I think the reason you think it doesn’t do it for you is precisely because your experience of it is on a manual. Try an Stronic on day to day and you’ll see the benefits. Because it is a feature that comes into action literally every minute or two when driving, it adds a significant amount to driver comfort and convenience. For me it would certainly rank above the likes of matrix headlights that’s for sure, esepciallly given the price comparison. I know that you thought it was standard on your car and so understandably a little disappointed, but I don’t think that should deter from from the fact that it is an excellent feature (on an Stronic).

For £75 bangers it's a no brainer mate l didn't have it on my last S3, so ye can't miss what you've never had as they say, if there's a option l would have added if l hadn't forgot about it completely is the the rear centre armrest as it looks classy even though nobody sits in the back of my car lol
Anyway l love the spec on my car no regrets, it feels and looks special and it's just as good as say a s4/s5s interior

Reactions: Tom.H
For £75 bangers it's a no brainer mate l didn't have it on my last S3, so ye can't miss what you've never had as they say, if there's a option l would have added if l hadn't forgot about it completely is the the rear centre armrest as it looks classy even though nobody sits in the back of my car lol
Anyway l love the spec on my car no regrets, it feels and looks special and it's just as good as say a s4/s5s interior
What do you spec to get the armrest, I too would like it even though like you no one else sits in the back lol?

I agree entirely, the interior up there with any car I’ve ever sat in, that’s why I find it difficult to think of ever driving anything else. Totally not taking nowt away from your car mate, just for others really when potentially making a choice so they don’t miss out on what I feel is a must have.

What do you spec to get the armrest, I too would like it even though like you no one else sits in the back lol?

I agree entirely, the interior up there with any car I’ve ever sat in, that’s why I find it difficult to think of ever driving anything else. Totally not taking nowt away from your car mate, just for others really when potentially making a choice so they don’t miss out on what I feel is a must have.

The rear centre armrest is known as the rear seat load through facility, it's £250, it just completes the overall look in the rear

Reactions: Pook
The rear centre armrest is known as the rear seat load through facility, it's £250, it just completes the overall look in the rear

£250 notes for a rear arm rest .... seriously ?

Jesus Audi really are taking the pi** with some of the options.

I’ll take the extended leather-ette any day lol :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Pook and Jassyo06
£250 notes for a rear arm rest .... seriously ?

Jesus Audi really are taking the pi** with some of the options.

I’ll take the extended leather-ette any day lol :)

Yer in for a shock matey when you go to spec yer next ****** Audi.....Be Afraid....Be very Afraid....lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Pook, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Yer in for a shock matey when you go to spec yer next ****** Audi.....Be Afraid....Be very Afraid....lol
Ha ha, the terror of the options list.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and The Challinor

That’s it then ... I’m getting a Dacia Duster next then :)

Audi have already had far too much of my money lol !

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06

Aye right stop kiddin yer self matey,keep the RS3 for the 3 years but when is that?? and get a RS3 Saloon......far better looking car....you'll love it

Aye right stop kiddin yer self matey,keep the RS3 for the 3 years but when is that?? and get a RS3 Saloon......far better looking car....you'll love it

March 19 is when I will change next.
Slumming it in the RS3 till the new S3 comes out may be the most sensible option yet :)

I do like the saloon but I love the practicality of the hatch too.

Reactions: The Challinor, Jassyo06, Tom.H and 1 other person

Luxury, pure unadulterated luxury mate. I used to dream of owning a Dacia Duster Instead I nearly went for a twenty year old Lada but I thought I would take the second option and buy an S3 lmao

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Snake Pliskin
March 19 is when I will change next.
Slumming it in the RS3 till the new S3 comes out may be the most sensible option yet :)

I do like the saloon but I love the practicality of the hatch too.

This is what convinced me to go for the Sportback after 3 S3 hatchbacks. I like my Ikea trips with the wife and gardening centres with my Nan, saloon no good for that

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
This is what convinced me to go for the Sportback after 3 S3 hatchbacks. I like my Ikea trips with the wife and gardening centres with my Nan, saloon no good for that
I don’t know where you live but IKEA is not on my radar as a fun destination and as for going with your wife and Nan I couldn’t think of a better reason to go for the saloon :whistle2: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: sgtvic, Jassyo06, Pook and 1 other person
I don’t know where you live but IKEA is not on my radar as a fun destination and as for going with your wife and Nan I couldn’t think of a better reason to go for the saloon :whistle2: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

S3 perfect blend of speed and practicality. It’s not huge huge like an A6 avant obviously but it’s handy when you need to transport stuff.

I’m 29 now, family man

Just having a play around on the Audi config. thingy, honest ;) :D

What, in your opinion, is the best S3 saloon spec. keeping the ROTR price under £40,000.00 for the more sensible VED duties

So far, mine is -

S3 saloon Black Edition
S-tronic GB
Ibis white
Black leather interior seat trim
19" 5-V spoke matt titanium
Extended Interior Upholstery Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Hill hold assist

ROTR - £39,870.00

www.uk.audi.com/AUT4WYEQ
Been a looking & another sub £40k S3 saloon spec I rather like

S3 saloon (non BE)
S-tronic GB
Ara blue
Comfort & sound pack

ROTR - £39,890.00

www.uk.audi.com/ADQ3X66B

(Getting a discount of £5067 on the ara blue spec from DriveTheDeal)

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
Just looking at this thread... why compromise your enjoyment for a few ££££...? Just buy an RS3 and be done with it. Best 8V ever and we have has a few!

Just looking at this thread... why compromise your enjoyment for a few ££££...? Just buy an RS3 and be done with it. Best 8V ever and we have has a few!

Yer dilusional and your selling yours.....lol

Reactions: GW1 and Bristle Hound
Been a looking & another sub £40k S3 saloon spec I rather like

S3 saloon (non BE)
S-tronic GB
Ara blue
Comfort & sound pack

ROTR - £39,890.00

www.uk.audi.com/ADQ3X66B

(Getting a discount of £5067 on the ara blue spec from DriveTheDeal)

Mate yer never gonna get a better deal than that,l got £5700 on a £48k S3......so go figure

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Ah - that’s the one!!

3 years of no rear cup holder and “Dad can I have my drink please” so I splashed £250 (?) for some peace and quiet. I’m sure it will be my favourite option.....

Unfortunately this has turned out to be my least favourite option - the cup holders are too small to take any of my son’s drinks bottles!!
Matrix lights however are the absolute dogs on unlit country lanes....

Unfortunately this has turned out to be my least favourite option - the cup holders are too small to take any of my son’s drinks bottles!!
Matrix lights however are the absolute dogs on unlit country lanes....
on the topic of matrix lights, ive just found you can change their reaction time in the MMI, i now have them on fast reaction...EVEN better now

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
on the topic of matrix lights, ive just found you can change their reaction time in the MMI, i now have them on fast reaction...EVEN better now

Interesting, will have to check that out tomorrow.

Reactions: MattSedg and Jassyo06

Oooooh....The Long Winter Nights....Wit Kin a dey....???Hod on.....lets check oot..... oan me MMI..ABOOT ma..... matrix heedlamps.... awe.... luk..... ye kin make....em go.....faster mukka...lol

Reactions: MattSedg
Oooooh....The Long Winter Nights....Wit Kin a dey....???Hod on.....lets check oot..... oan me MMI..ABOOT ma..... matrix heedlamps.... awe.... luk..... ye kin make....em go.....faster mukka...lol

i can make some of that comment out, but not all :readit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
i can make some of that comment out, but not all :readit:

I've learnt to read Scottish since being on here and reading @jassyo06 posts.

Basically - Ohhh the long winter nights, what can I do. Hold on let's check out about the matrix headlights on the MMI. Aha, look, you can make them go faster my friend.

:grinning:

Reactions: MattSedg and Jassyo06

Basically - Ohhh the long winter nights, what can I do. Hold on let's check out about the matrix headlights on the MMI. Aha, look, you can make them go faster my friend.

sounds more reasonable when its in a proper sentance!

A+ for Tom

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06

Correcto Mundo.....mate.....now....am aff te ma....mowter....te check.....oot me dancin lichts.....lol

sounds more reasonable when its in a proper sentance!

A+ for Tom

Man up.....Neo.....
Maxresdefault

Reactions: MattSedg