Facelift Best S3 Saloon Spec. Under £40k ?

Jordan just drove in the Marino Blue M4......A DONT WANT MA ****** S3 TAXI .....ANYMORE.....total downer.......lol

Jordan just drove in the Marino Blue M4......A DONT WANT MA ****** S3 TAXI .....ANYMORE.....total downer.......lol
@jassyo06 - That M4 is nearly twice the price of the voodoo S3
My question to you is - is it twice the car ?
I'd challenge Jordan to 'run' down a wet twisty road in both cars before you answer that question ;) :D

on the topic of matrix lights, ive just found you can change their reaction time in the MMI, i now have them on fast reaction...EVEN better now

Where’s this in the MMI? All I can find is the “early” on the auto lights, which I think just turns the headlights on when it’s lighter (not so dark)......you know what I mean, but can’t see any settings for Matrix

Where’s this in the MMI? All I can find is the “early” on the auto lights, which I think just turns the headlights on when it’s lighter (not so dark)......you know what I mean, but can’t see any settings for Matrix
i'll be going out in the car for 10 mins at midnight....so i'll have a quick look and try and remember where it was, dont really understand why matrix dont have this reaction speed as standard, i was quite surprised at the amount of flashes i got dazzling them

i'll be going out in the car for 10 mins at midnight....so i'll have a quick look and try and remember where it was, dont really understand why matrix dont have this reaction speed as standard, i was quite surprised at the amount of flashes i got dazzling them

I love how it doesn't pick up people so it'll blind anyone on the path walking/cycling towards you lol

Reactions: MattSedg
I love how it doesn't pick up people so it'll blind anyone on the path walking/cycling towards you lol
at least they pick up illuminated road signs, never mind the pedestrians :racer:

Reactions: Tom.H
I'd challenge Jordan to 'run' down a wet twisty road in both cars before you answer that question ;) :D
He's been warned about the road conditions at this time of the year mate...... He has a X5 available when the weather gets bad.... Yeah it's a beautiful looking car but not worth the money and l couldn’t afford one of them anyway

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
at least they pick up illuminated road signs, never mind the pedestrians :racer:

I had a look this morning and all I could see for exterior lighting was the setting for the auto headlights, nothing for the Matrix

Reactions: Jassyo06
I had a look this morning and all I could see for exterior lighting was the setting for the auto headlights, nothing for the Matrix
Never did have a look last night, will look tonight

If l could afford one l would have one in a heartbeat mate....in San Marino....special car

Neo's been too busy trying to find the speed/meaning of the Matrix.....lol

Reactions: Tom.H
Unless I'm being dumb, this effects the reaction time of the matrix peepers?
A Gallery

Nope, sensitivity of when the actual headlights come on I believe.
I Must be imagining things, sure they felt a lot snappier at dipping.

Either way weird how you have the option...if it's dark, it's dark you need lights, and they should react as fast as possible?

I Must be imagining things, sure they felt a lot snappier at dipping.

Either way weird how you have the option...if it's dark, it's dark you need lights, and they should react as fast as possible?

I feel even at the medium setting they come on about the right time, not sure I'd want them any earlier or later.

My headlights are never switched to auto.... Anyway l think the matrix candles have a mind all of there own, on the identical roads and at the same time early morning.... My candles never work in the exact same Manor as say the previous morning, they even activate at times when there's street lighting..... But overall they are very effective in most driving conditions but very expensive

You guys are mental, it makes such sense on a S-Tronic to prevent it creeping and having to keep your foot on the brake.

I've just picked up my new S3 Stronic - Now I've never had an Stronic before but have had HHA on a manual which when in neutral clutch up just sits there - Yesterday I moved the Stronic into Neutral and it took the HHA off.

Now I know if you needed to push the car or tow it you would need neutral and you could then turn the HHA off but if the engine is running and the seatbelt is on why would it cancel the hill hold.

Do people just always leave it in drive/manual?

Just trying to get my head round it really as is seemed strange - Hill Hold is standard now although I ordered the Comfort Pack so got it anyway

Thought I'd just get some opinions

I've just picked up my new S3 Stronic - Now I've never had an Stronic before but have had HHA on a manual which when in neutral clutch up just sits there - Yesterday I moved the Stronic into Neutral and it took the HHA off.

Now I know if you needed to push the car or tow it you would need neutral and you could then turn the HHA off but if the engine is running and the seatbelt is on why would it cancel the hill hold.

Do people just always leave it in drive/manual?

Just trying to get my head round it really as is seemed strange - Hill Hold is standard now although I ordered the Comfort Pack so got it anyway

Thought I'd just get some opinions

I leave mine in drive/manual while I'm outnand about, never reallynise neautral. If you put in neutral though you need to apply the handbrake manually.

Reactions: Sparks43
Hi all,
I've just been through this exercise, placed order at the end of Jan.
Ara blue S3 Stronic.
Folding, heated mirrors.
Park assist.
Quattro light beam when opening front doors (just because I like that sort of thing:redface new:)

Just hate the thought of handing over an extra wedge to the govt. every year just for having a nice car.

C.

Hi all,
I've just been through this exercise, placed order at the end of Jan.
Ara blue S3 Stronic.
Folding, heated mirrors.
Park assist.
Quattro light beam when opening front doors (just because I like that sort of thing:redface new:)

Just hate the thought of handing over an extra wedge to the govt. every year just for having a nice car.

C.

It's definitely the sensible thing to do as saves a decent wedge of cash - and forces you to limited extras, that you will likley lose a shed more load of cash on come trade in down the line.

Reactions: COL3011
Looking at getting an S3 Saloon in Daytona in the next 3 to 6 months and am trying to get my head round this £40k cap before you then get rinsed on the VED. The Audi approved Configurator provides you with RRP. But as I understand things for VED pricing it also includes other stuff like delivery costs. Is that right?

Looking at getting an S3 Saloon in Daytona in the next 3 to 6 months and am trying to get my head round this £40k cap before you then get rinsed on the VED. The Audi approved Configurator provides you with RRP. But as I understand things for VED pricing it also includes other stuff like delivery costs. Is that right?
VED includes everything, best buy a car registered before March 1st 2017 that way you can buy a fully loaded car without the worry

I've posted this a few times on various discussions.

This is the reply I received from DVLA.

If your new car is registered on or after the 1 April 2017 it will fall under the new car tax rules.

The list price is the manufacturers quoted price for the vehicle the day before the vehicle is first registered. It is not the list price at the point of ordering.

It includes options fitted by the manufacturer before delivery. It includes the delivery charge, the cost of the pre delivery inspection and VAT. It does not include an warrantees, options fitted by the dealer and the cost of the first registration fee and the first licence.

It's important to note that the manufacturers list price is the price before any incentives or discounts so may not be what is paid for the vehicle.

I hope that helps let me know if you need any more information

Thanks for the responses, I’m starting to think just get exactly what I want on the car and just pay the extra VED. For those that are interested, my current car is a golf gti (red I) which I’ve owned and run every day for the last 17 years! and it still runs ok. It’ll be the end of an era when it goes

The other problem imo ....

You can EASILY get a really well specced GOLF R for under £40k plus get a great discount.

The S3 can so easily be pushed over £40k !

The whole of this “£40k” limit illustrates perfectly the stupidity and lack of logical thought within governments - nothing magical happens at £40k - if governments want to incentivise people to spend less on cars then, fine, but please do it on a sliding scale that doesn’t have a massive disruption at one point in the price vs. tax curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses, I’m starting to think just get exactly what I want on the car and just pay the extra VED. For those that are interested, my current car is a golf gti (red I) which I’ve owned and run every day for the last 17 years! and it still runs ok. It’ll be the end of an era when it goes

Go well over the £40k mate and keep it for a good while.......S3's are a dull looking car without nice options

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and B5NUT
Go well over the £40k mate and keep it for a good while.......S3's are a dull looking car without nice options

That’s what I’m thinking as I do want to get the 5 year warranty. It’s not like I change my car very often lol.

Something else the salesman at my local dealership told me on Friday was that it's not just new cars that get hit, it's all buyers of the car until it's 5 years old.
So if you buy a year old car at say 37k you still get hit if the original price was over 40k.
I did look at him with a deal of scepticism, but he was adamant, and lets face it that's his job.
Maybe guys on here might confirm, or not?

Something else the salesman at my local dealership told me on Friday was that it's not just new cars that get hit, it's all buyers of the car until it's 5 years old.
So if you buy a year old car at say 37k you still get hit if the original price was over 40k.
I did look at him with a deal of scepticism, but he was adamant, and lets face it that's his job.
Maybe guys on here might confirm, or not?

That's correct, the additional £310 VED payment is applied for 5 years from the 2nd time the vehicle is taxed, if the original vehicle list price is over £40k, so this would also apply to a secondhand vehicle registered after 01/04/17.