Best S3 Cold Air Intake Kit

I'll third that :icon_thumright:

I doubt there is much difference between any of them except cost but if people are happy with ITG then that would be the way to go IMHO..

I doubt there is much difference between any of them except cost but if people are happy with ITG then that would be the way to go IMHO..

There is no difference - I've had two different systems on mine and been in lots of cars with the other usual candidates (and seen their logs) and they all perform the same. So go for anything from:

- ITG
- Forge Twintake
- EVOMs
- Forge CAI

but steer clear of the Carbonio / Oettinger panel option nonsense. You'd get the same result from hanging a scented tree from the rear view mirror.

but steer clear of the Carbonio / Oettinger panel option nonsense. You'd get the same result from hanging a scented tree from the rear view mirror.

Having owned the Carbonia I can also second this!

Having had a scented tree hanging from my rear view mirror I can third that!

Bit of a newbie question but....
Is a cold air intake the same as a cold air induction kit?
Or is the latter a type of forced induction?
How luch should I look to pay for an inductin kit?

Thanks guys

Well I will 1st the Forge Twintake :icon_thumright:

It produced fantastic results on my car - 26 BHP over the OEM engine cover. It looks the nads and the quality/finish is superb.

Well I will 1st the Forge Twintake :icon_thumright:

It produced fantastic results on my car - 26 BHP over the OEM engine cover. It looks the nads and the quality/finish is superb.

just had a look at it on the forge site, it looks a beast!! does fitting it mean u loose the plastic engine cover and how much more induction noise do you get?

I want to get a cai , how much would i be looking at to buy and get fitted ?
Thanks.

^^^
I'm still waiting to find an S3 engine cover from ebay as I don't want to cut my original. I did take a video with my phone but it is completely pants so no point in sharing it, I will need to get myself a camcorder for a decent video.

haha fair enough :)
ahh this site is going to end up costing me a fortune!! btw off topic, but how good is the revo map as im looking at that as well :icon_thumright:

The REVO remap is absolutely fantastic. It completely transforms the car and is the best "bang for buck" you will spend on your car. The adjustability you get with the SPS+ is brilliant too as it allows you to tweak the remap for any other HW mods you might buy.

Modding is a slippery slope and a bottomless pit!!!

I read somewhere that a new 2010 TT-S (on SEACUPRA.net) can only hold a single map.

Has anyone else heard about this, and the implications on staged mapping that earlier cars like ours can support?

I read somewhere that a new 2010 TT-S (on SEACUPRA.net) can only hold a single map.

Has anyone else heard about this, and the implications on staged mapping that earlier cars like ours can support?

Not heard this before. Perhaps the ECU in the TT-S has less memory? I believe there is about 2MB of free memory in our ECU's which the remap companies exploit and use.

The REVO remap is absolutely fantastic. It completely transforms the car and is the best "bang for buck" you will spend on your car. The adjustability you get with the SPS+ is brilliant too as it allows you to tweak the remap for any other HW mods you might buy.

Modding is a slippery slope and a bottomless pit!!!

ah cool, i just need to work out what i can afford as being a student, money is a bit tight after buying the car haha
think REVO do a 5 hour trial of the map, so may have to wonder down to a place that does it and see what it feels like before i fork out a huge wedge of cash haha!! :icon_thumright:

ah cool, i just need to work out what i can afford as being a student, money is a bit tight after buying the car haha
think REVO do a 5 hour trial of the map, so may have to wonder down to a place that does it and see what it feels like before i fork out a huge wedge of cash haha!! :icon_thumright:
I think the trial only gives you 70% of the power rather than the full map. It will give you an idea but I don't really see the point in why they do this rather than the full beans.

I think the trial only gives you 70% of the power rather than the full map. It will give you an idea but I don't really see the point in why they do this rather than the full beans.

will still be interesting i guess, if i like the way it feels from only 70% then the full 100% can only be better haha :yes:

Cheers boydie

Are they more or less or exactly the same?
If I have a stage 1 remap will this map then need to be modidfied and if its not done what are the effects?

Thanks again