Best/Quietest tyres for my A6 S Line 2.0 TDI 2012

paul8852

Reaction score
I am getting close to the limit on my front tyres and just wondered what advice anyone may have regarding grip and quietness. I currently have a set of Bridgestone 245 45 R18 Turanza tyres on board which have been ok apart from in the snow back in January this year and the fact they need replacing after just 11k miles! If anyone could advise me as to whether another brand is more suited have heard the Bridgestone Blizzak is a better choice? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am looking for this as well please :)

Avoid P Zeros - they are noisy. Also, there is an article that on Autotrader that says tyres change performance after initial wear.

Dunlop seem to be one of the quietest. Go to any online tyre retailer enter the spec of your tyres and it will show you the available tyres and most importantly the ratings for the tyre including noise

Another vote for Dunlops, or Goodyear Assymetric were the other one that worked well for me on 19's.

£152 for the dunlops I found the cheapest in 255/35/19 (openeo)

Dunlop Sp Sport maxx GT are brill.
I have bridgestone on the BM which are veryyy noisy.

What is the difference between Sport Maxx RT and Sport Maxx GT?

RT-are a racing technology tyre, more of a semi slick type tyre slightly dearer than GT

GT- is more of a oe design

Currently got P zero's on my A6 BiTdi and nearing the wear limit and my goodness im not sure if its the tyres making a huge rumbling noise or if its wheel bearings that have gone.
Do they get 'really' noisy!??

Currently got P zero's on my A6 BiTdi and nearing the wear limit and my goodness im not sure if its the tyres making a huge rumbling noise or if its wheel bearings that have gone.
Do they get 'really' noisy!??

I've had the zeros p6000 iirc and yes they were very noisy.