Best price on Sachs clutch (2+)

br20vt

Reaction score
Im looking for a complete Sachs clutch kit to suit my stage 2+ S3 as the standard one has seen its day.
Any recommendations on the cheapest place to buy one?
Cheers

Graeme j at gnj Motorsport got almost all my mods from him awsum guy to deal with best calling up tho maybe get ya a deal

What sort of power are you at? PM me your reg and ill have a look at kits Monday for you.

Can get a complete Sachs uprated clutch with LUK dual mass flywheel with new release bearing/cylinder and all bolts to go for about £765.

You've also got the Loba/Sachs Stage 3 item with SMF for £880 without the bearing

Helix and SPEC also do good uprated clutches but slightly more expensive.

Reactions: grchmason
I'll give GNJ an email heard good things about them, im going to go for a Sachs clutch with SMF i think

I'll give GNJ an email heard good things about them, im going to go for a Sachs clutch with SMF i think
If you use the car every day mate I def would not be going SMF. DMF is the limit of whats tolerable for normal driving IMO.

As above I wouldn't bother with an SMF setup at Stg2+

If you did go down that route I'd recommend a Spec Stg3+ clutch.

Reactions: s3_trev
SMF? at stage 2 + not needed at all!

If you use the car every day mate I def would not be going SMF. DMF is the limit of whats tolerable for normal driving IMO.

What makes you say this mate? I was in my friends last week with smf and it was slightly more chattery if anything at all, and only slightly heavier on the pedal.

What makes you say this mate? I was in my friends last week with smf and it was slightly more chattery if anything at all, and only slightly heavier on the pedal.
I went the DMF route with my clutch upgrade and the weight of the clutch is very noticeable over standard. I also find the vibration has noticeably increased (although I do have uprated engine mounts) so I can only assume the SMF would be even worse in these areas.

Reactions: grchmason
I went the DMF route with my clutch upgrade and the weight of the clutch is very noticeable over standard. I also find the vibration has noticeably increased (although I do have uprated engine mounts) so I can only assume the SMF would be even worse in these areas.

I wouldn't say so.....I think that it's actually dependent on the make etc of clutch itself,rather than SMF Vs DMF.

I've got a Spec Stg3+ in mine,capable of 560lbs,but it's almost stock in feel.

Mine is a Loba with Sachs SMF and mine doesn't chatter at all. The clutch pedal is stiffer but no where near as stiff as I thought it was going to be. I've tried other uprated clutches out before and mine 10 times lighter in the pedal then the others.
I have only one thing I don't like about it though and that's the bite point. It's rediculously small and as has been said before, it's either off or on, on mine anyway. I have got used to it now but it's still a bit of an ****.

Reactions: Gfermer
Ah right. I always understood it was agreed that the DMF was more like the standard feel, wheras the SMF was more "harsh" if you wanna call it that. Certainly with the two being physically different this idea would make sense. But if you feel its more to do with the brand of the components then I stand corrected lol!

Mine is a Loba with Sachs SMF and mine doesn't chatter at all. The clutch pedal is stiffer but no where near as stiff as I thought it was going to be. I've tried other uprated clutches out before and mine 10 times lighter in the pedal then the others.
I have only one thing I don't like about it though and that's the bite point. It's rediculously small and as has been said before, it's either off or on, on mine anyway. I have got used to it now but it's still a bit of an ****.
Yeah I have found my bite to be really on or off as well, and im running a DMF. So it would seem that both have the same disadvantages with the SMF being able to cope with more power, maybe its the clear winner here, apart from maybe being more expensive.

Ah right. I always understood it was agreed that the DMF was more like the standard feel, wheras the SMF was more "harsh" if you wanna call it that. Certainly with the two being physically different this idea would make sense. But if you feel its more to do with the brand of the components then I stand corrected lol!

I think it has at least as much to do with the components as the type of flywheel etc.

I keep grinding on about the Spec clutch,but this is an SMF setup,with the same feel as stock,t ability to slip the clutch in traffic etc,which paddle clutches are useless at,and will handle more torque than the gearbox can,so it's not so much the type of clutch setup,as the type of clutch plate(i.e. paddle Vs full face) and the friction material as well.