Best pressure washer to buy?

Andy1608

Reaction score
Looking at buying a new pressure washer.
what do people recommend as a good one to get or decent value for money?
Obviously I know it boils down to budget but don't want to spend any more than £200 really.
Any info or recommendation
thanks

Have a look on the Karcher Outlet website, there's usually some really good deals on pressure washers on there.

I have a Nilfisk C130 and it has never missed a beat and I use it pretty much every weekend. I may go for Karcher next but not sure yet.

Looking at buying a new pressure washer.
what do people recommend as a good one to get or decent value for money?
Obviously I know it boils down to budget but don't want to spend any more than £200 really.
Any info or recommendation
thanks

I had a Nilfisk before and it was a great wee power washer until it gave some bother. I was keeping my eye out for a good deal and seen this Karcher washer, and its absolutily fantastic, best I have had. Everything packs away including my proper snow foam sprayer, only down side for me was the length of the washer hose, but easily sorted with a new 6m hose! :)

Cleaning Equipment and Pressure Washers | Kärcher UK K 4 Premium Eco!ogic Home

Had to move away from Karcher as the model we bought in a deal from Halfords went through 2 motors!! Ended up with a Nilfisk and does just as good as a job!

Both Nilfisk and Karcher are good but the Nilfisk takes it in my eyes as connections are brass and not plastic like the Karcher ones. Im not saying they are like that but the majority of the low end ones are. As said by Crazy88 the Nilfisk Centennial is a good buy. I bought mine in the B&Q Xmas sale for about £75 so its not that expensive. It also has a good motor, good water pressure for doing cars (not too powerful) and a doddle to put together.

Reactions: crazy88
I have a Karcher but would buy a Nilfisk next as they have brass pump heads which last better.

I have the nilfisk c130i
brilliant in my eyes, only downside is that the pressure hose is tougher almost plastic feel and its annoying when your trying to move as it always curls up and wont freely move. Im thinking about going to get some hose made up for it.

other than that 9/10

I have the nilfisk c130i
brilliant in my eyes, only downside is that the pressure hose is tougher almost plastic feel and its annoying when your trying to move as it always curls up and wont freely move. Im thinking about going to get some hose made up for it.

other than that 9/10

I got an aftermarket 10m hose from Ebay. The quality is much better than the original hose and I can get round the whole car easily without having to move the pressure washer.

Reactions: T3nnant
I have a hose reel and hose,bought it from e-bay, very robust

I have a new Karcher this is my second one ... the first one lasted over 12 years ...... I think I got my money's worth :)

If you buy Karcher buy at least a K3 model, The K1 and K2 are light duty and use air cooled universal motors. The K3 , K4 range are water cooled motors so won't blow up when you are washing the patio / car in the summer. K5 up are professional and serious money.
I bought a K3 refurbished model about 2 years ago for £90, very similar to this from the outlet store.

Karcher K3.575 Refurbished Pressure Washer :: Karcher Outlet

Very happy with it, I was also looking at Nilfisk and would have had one of theirs If I had found something similar in the same price range.

karl.

Last edited:
I had that model of Nilfisk before and it was a great wee washer for the money! Started giving some bother though but Nilfisk customer service was good!

I was on the look out and found the Karcher K4 Premium Eco at a good price local and its a great washer, over year of constant use between car and work around house still going strong!:)

Well thanks for all the info guys. Going to have a look and compare a few models now since I can't sleep

Going with the nilfisk continental, £85 from home base plus cash back and double nectar points.
Thanks everyone for all info and especially people who recommended nilfisk

Reactions: Welshquattro, Brodster and scotty76