BEST polish/wax ????

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I realise this will have been done to death.... but i need your input please, heres my dilemma, i washed polished and detailed the car again yesterday 4 hours in all, thinking ive done a decent job of it , using autoglym ultra deep shine, ,and when I got up this morning to go to a show,found its left white powdery residue in all the little chips n scuffs etc.... . Now either im doing something radically wrong or does anyone else have the same problem? And if so whats the best solution ?

Cheers in advance for any replies.
Steve B5 Biker:banghead:

No, you've not done anything wrong. The dust is why I gave up Ultra Deep Shine. In terms of what to do about it, the dustiness will fade over the next few washes so I'd just live with it. I find Dodo Juice Lime Prime followed by a wax leaves no dust.

You can also use a microfibre cloth to clear it afterwards, but it's certainly not perfect...

Hi I DB I do use microfibre cloths I think ive got more in my garage that Halfrauds have in the whole of south Yorkshire lol.
going to have to try another product me thinks..

You can also use a microfibre cloth to clear it afterwards, but it's certainly not perfect...

I understand that some sealers and waxes attract more dust after application than others. Not knocking Autoglym but might be the time to try something else. I have been meaning to try the Chemical Guy's Jetseal109. Apparently rated one of the best for not attracting dust after application. I am using a Carnauba wax ( Valet Pro Banana Wax ) and pretty pleased with the results.
Think you are suppose to put a sealer on before any wax but essentially they do the same gig. Maybe time to experiment. BTW You are not waxing, when the car's hot to touch are you?....Best results are in cool conditions.

Let us know how you get on.

BR
Allan

Hi BR Allan, I did the car Saturday am before the sun got too hot, and it was mainly in shade.
I Think I need to try different products maybe.:thumbsup:

I understand that some sealers and waxes attract more dust after application than others. Not knocking Autoglym but might be the time to try something else. I have been meaning to try the Chemical Guy's Jetseal109. Apparently rated one of the best for not attracting dust after application. I am using a Carnauba wax ( Valet Pro Banana Wax ) and pretty pleased with the results.
Think you are suppose to put a sealer on before any wax but essentially they do the same gig. Maybe time to experiment. BTW You are not waxing, when the car's hot to touch are you?....Best results are in cool conditions.

Let us know how you get on.

BR
Allan

Oh well will just have to try some other products,cos I cant live with the powder residue every time I use AG.
Any recommendations woluld be greatfully received..:whistle2: