best polish ,best wax to use

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
hi im soon to buying a kestral duel action polisher do i buy the kit for 150 from polish bliss or do i buy seperatly with a different polish and wax ,

my car is pearl lava grey i want it to have that deep mirror finsh ....

all recomendations wanted with pics would be great thanks guys cheers for the help..

the stuff i own already is........

megs cleaner wax
megs 2.0 tech wax
megs scrach x
megs polish 7

Dodo Juice Products are very good, use them on my Cooper S as do many friends and detailers with very high quality finish that lasts. Will use them on my Audi, when it arrives.

Lime Prime pre-wax treatment is very good.

See my latest post in the Detailing section - the black Boxster S. Limeprime was used to correct some 70/80% of the swirls in this example. A great, capable product! :)

(works by DA/machine well)

See my latest post in the Detailing section - the black Boxster S. Limeprime was used to correct some 70/80% of the swirls in this example. A great, capable product! :)

(works by DA/machine well)

just checked it out looks nice good work there mate

i need to get my kestral and do mine i cant wait cheers for the help guys im gona get the black ice wax and the kestral kit for 150 i think

Richard has a good set of guides for all coloured cars. since yours is a drak Grey and you want one of the best then I would recommend Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire Shine Kit it is very easy to use and gives stunning results.

Also have a look here for other recommended products. Recommended products/routine for dark metallic/pearlescent Audi's

cheers toxic il look into that im need a polisher for one but i cant afford the kit and the black ice kit to at the mo ....

might get the machine and kit for 150 and the blackfire wax i need a foam lance to lol
expensive this detailing lark but addictive it seems to be getting worse almost an illness lol ......

You can buy the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection seperately if you like. This goes on very easily with a pad applicator like the Lake Country CCS pads however obviously for the best results a full detail is required but once you have the basics done then I do it by hand every 3 months or so between a good detail every 6-9months. if you wash the car by hand using the two bucket method you will see the Blackfires lasts very well and give great wetness of shine.

after looking at toxics polish bliss guide which i did look at ,but wanted other opinions i think im gona go for this setup :unsure:

what do you wreckon guys will my car look like a dripping block of ice with this kit do you think , if i manage to learn how to polish of coarse which im sure i will , gona use the guide for that also if anyone has a better choice of set up please list it and why ...

thanks again guys for your help :thumbsup:

Poorboys Wheel Sealant £10.58
Menzerna 203S - LARGE £15.44
DAS-6 Hard Paint Machine Polishing Kit £127.79
Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax £33.57

i already have these megs product,s

meg quik clay kit
megs cleaner wax which i like
megs tech 2.0 also good
megs scrach x
megs polish #7

To be honest the quality of the finish is all down to the prep and the surface you're left with. A bit of care when polishing will bring up a good finish. VAG paint is pretty hard so dont be too afraid to give the paint a good going over. The more time you spend doing correction (hazes, swirls) will give you much better end results.

Sounds like you're going in the right direction though, be sure to post up some pics to keep us posted!.

The only thing I think you need to add is a quick detailer or some sort. I've just moved over to Dodo Juice Red Mist and its fantastic. Once your cars all waxed up then give it a going over with Red Mist and you'll get a really nice wet deep gloss finish :)

T

Thanks tom i will post pics when i do the detail , and yeah i had some quick detailer megs i just run out il get some more , Is dodo juice red mist better than megs and can i use for claying lube.....

Ive had to be re-educated into using the two bucket lark, sheepskin mitt and drying towels.Hard work but wellworth it.Its had Blackfire applied (after a full mop cos the car was delivered shyte), and is washed using meguiers shampoo plus which is ph neutral.Ive given it one coat of Blackfire midnight sun, and its stunning.Does everything polished bliss states in its guides.In fact the only problem is that it shows up the poor VAG paint which is like orange peel and as i have found very soft.

mmmnnn must be doin something wrong are you saying the wax ends up like orange peel , im a bit confused can you clarify mate ...

The paint on my car is like orange peel in places.....it was painted that way when it was made!The Blackfire is so good it shows everything up.

Thanks tom i will post pics when i do the detail , and yeah i had some quick detailer megs i just run out il get some more , Is dodo juice red mist better than megs and can i use for claying lube.....

I wouldnt use it for claying lube. Its more of a finishing touch product to add a bit more pop/gloss to things.

I use Megs QD for claying lube only, thats the only purpose it has in my routing. When I wash the car and want to top the finish up Red Mist is FAR better than the Megs. Its also much better as the last stage following a good polish/wax etc.

T

Ive had to be re-educated into using the two bucket lark, sheepskin mitt and drying towels.Hard work but wellworth it.Its had Blackfire applied (after a full mop cos the car was delivered shyte), and is washed using meguiers shampoo plus which is ph neutral.Ive given it one coat of Blackfire midnight sun, and its stunning.Does everything polished bliss states in its guides.In fact the only problem is that it shows up the poor VAG paint which is like orange peel and as i have found very soft.

Mine's like orange peel in places too mate,i don't think it's uncommon - unlike what you're saying about it being soft - it's rock hard!!

Hi.
It seems that poor paint is the norm with most firms now,it wasnt something I took a lot of notice olf until you blow awad on a car and start getting anal about how it looks!!But is does nob you off when even ford has better paint, although bmw and mercs have the same prob so that makes me feel a bit better.Ive found my paint soft in that even slight brushing past will mark the top coat and as for bird ****......if i dont remove it IMMEDIATLY it burns through the lacquer and stains the top coat.Im pretty safe at home as ive eradicated all the culprits by way of .22 (all pigeons)
but its the other times, parking at work etc.Ill be damned if im going to drive around with the cover on!I had an old xantia years ago, and you could mix concrete on the bonnet and it wouldnt mark it.Hey ho.

after looking at toxics polish bliss guide which i did look at ,but wanted other opinions i think im gona go for this setup :unsure:

what do you wreckon guys will my car look like a dripping block of ice with this kit do you think , if i manage to learn how to polish of coarse which im sure i will , gona use the guide for that also if anyone has a better choice of set up please list it and why ...

thanks again guys for your help :thumbsup:

Poorboys Wheel Sealant £10.58
Menzerna 203S - LARGE £15.44
DAS-6 Hard Paint Machine Polishing Kit £127.79
Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax £33.57

i already have these megs product,s

meg quik clay kit
megs cleaner wax which i like
megs tech 2.0 also good
megs scrach x
megs polish #7

I'd agree with a lot of the above and suggest that the hard paint machine kit is the key to a stunning finish; the final wax coating will pop the finish, but the intensity of shine will be produced by careful polishing work first. You are unlikely to need the 203S, as both RD3.02 and 85RE come in the kit, so save the money. :icon_thumright:

i'll try get some pics of my Altea in the next few days wearing the Blackfire wax. it's just awesome.... "Does exactly what it says on the tin!"