Best place to sell..

demus

Fire in the hole..
Reaction score
Sadly the time has come to sell my B6, where do you guys think the best place to advertise it is, gumtree etc or is anywhere better??

Cheers guys

I hate selling cars. Local freebie or gum tree works best - piston heads if with mods, although loads of time wasters.

Prob cars are too old to warrant auto trader now. EBay isn't as bad as you'd think either. Gets lot of interest - just don't sell as auction. Get people out to view & negotiate, but be up front what you want for it before they come

Just sold by B5 Quattro avant. I put it on the classifieds on Audi Sport, local newspaper online site, and Gumtree. Be realistic on price, post plenty pictures, and list good and negative points. Genuine buyers will understand what they are buying, as its already a niche market.

I put a sign in mine over the weekend just to see if I would get any response,it's only Monday night and I've had 7calls already, looks like it's on it's way.

Definitely use social media these days.

There are at least 3 facebook groups dedicated to selling purely VAG related motors.

One is called;

V.A.S.S - VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda

Another;

Vag Classified.

This should help.

That's a good idea, if you use social media that is, personally I don't but can see it's a good way to sell, I've had a very good offer for mine to sell as it is with all the mods, just see if he comes back with the money.

Reactions: DrStrange
Hopefully so Matty. I do concede, a lot of the users are literally kids asking 'how much?' and then never follow up..BUT well worth it.

Ive sold a thing or 2 on it

Looks like one last road trip then she's up for sale,I'm going to put it up for offers as is and if I get one I like,it goes, if not it goes back to standard sells for less money then I have a large auto jumble with all the parts.

Reactions: DrStrange