Best Place to sell A4

mwarrey

Reaction score
Hi, I am reluctantly parting with my 97 1.8T Sport after 7 years faithful service, just bought an A6 Avant 1.8T Sport.

Where do you think the best place to advertise is? Its in excellent condition for its age, bodywork, interior all good, no mechanical or suspension issues and still drives really well.

The slight downside is that it is on 170k, which I guess could put a lot of people off. I have tried advertising it on the classifieds on here but had no response. Its also difficult to know how much to ask for it.

I am interested to know what you think?

Pistonheads and ebay would be my approach. Classifieds on here are rubbish, and as a result i doubt anyone even looks at them.

Depends how quickly you want shot, and whether your price expectations are too high, but just chucking it on ebay and letting it run from a 99p start is likely to get it sold for reasonable money.

Alternatively you can list a classified ad on ebay.

Thanks, just put it on Piston Heads, I didnt realise it was free for standard ads.

I'd put a bit more detail in the ad. For example you say "well maintained" but as you know everyones idea of well maintained is different. I'd highlight the major components that have been overhauled, eg "timing belt was changed last year, all front suspension arms replaced and new rear calipers fitted 6 months ago, regular oil changes every 5000miles" etc etc.

That way it makes it more appealing, as they know instantly that it HAS been well maintained.

Maybe also mention the condition of the bodywork, as if its good thats an extra selling point for an older car.