best place to get my s3 mapped

S3-kitch

Reaction score
hey guys thinking of getting my S3 mapped just wanted to know where you think the best place to go..

s3 210BHP

thanks for any help

picking mine up from Jabbasport tomorrow so i could let you know.

S3-kitch said:
hey guys thinking of getting my S3 mapped just wanted to know where you think the best place to go..

s3 210BHP

thanks for any help
mine was a 210bhp and iv had a custom code map, i really looked into all the maps and the custom code came out with the most realistic figures and the smoothest power through the revs!
the revo map gives more torque but the bhp figures are not that true.
when you get it done make sure you change the dump valve and also replace the air filter
my total bill was 575 bucks a company called f1 done mine.

mattyboy199 said:
picking mine up from Jabbasport tomorrow so i could let you know.

I think i saw your car today at jabba when i dropped mine off, you wont be dissappointed with mike's mapping, it transformed my car, still puts a smile on my face two years on. Might bump into you tomorrow when i pick mine up too.

And another Revo disbeliever is added to the list :yes:
at least you didn't say "I heard it damages your engine" or the old chestnut about the ECU being not able to be chipped/remapped after the trial
I'm putting mine on a rolling road in the new year so hopefully I'll have a couple of go's so can see the difference with the map on and off,I'll post up the graphs

S3Steve said:
I think i saw your car today at jabba when i dropped mine off, you wont be dissappointed with mike's mapping, it transformed my car, still puts a smile on my face two years on. Might bump into you tomorrow when i pick mine up too.

what did you have done ? was it tie bars cause i think they confused me with you. I cant wait ;-)

mattyboy199 said:
what did you have done ? was it tie bars cause i think they confused me with you. I cant wait ;-)

Yes mate tie bars and full allignment, plus its getting a cambelt change and 40k and haldex service (early as its only on 36k). Oh and they found a wheel bearing on the way out so its getting done this morning.

Hi S3Steve, Can you tell me how much Jabba are charging you for the 40k and haldex service?? Are they a good garage?? I've read lots of good things about them but thought i'd ask you as you've dealt with them a couple of times.

Thanks Glenn

s3steve - I saw your car today mate looks as though they were aligning the wheels, nice example btw.

I had the follwoing done:

20k Service (basically a lube service)
Cam belt + tensioner + water pump (+ a cam belt damper)
brake bleed
haldex oil
gearbox oil - recommend doing gearbox feels so much better
top mounts - also recommend doing if your front suspension feels loose
new MAF + throttle body clean (to correct inconsistent idle)
one coil pack replaced
stage 2 remap (now pushing out 265bhp)
Samco TIP fitted

Pretty pleased with the results pulls so well in all gears & sounds louder to, you can hear the turbo alot more not to mention the DV which is even louder.

The jabba guys seemed to know what their talking about & have done an excellent job would defo use them again.

$clarky$ said:
Hi S3Steve, Can you tell me how much Jabba are charging you for the 40k and haldex service?? Are they a good garage?? I've read lots of good things about them but thought i'd ask you as you've dealt with them a couple of times.

Thanks Glenn

All the pricing is on the website mate,

http://www.jabbasport.com/servicing.asp

havent got the bill infront of me at the minute i had a 40k service, cambelt with tensioners and waterpump, haldex service, brake fluid change, dogbone replaced, tie bars supplied and fitted and full four wheel allignment, and they found a worn out wheel bearing and replaced it, it came to £1359 including the vat which I think is a great price for all that work. They are a top bunch mate, all the employees are vag enthusiasts and really know there stuff. Me and my mates have been using them for years on a variety of cars and have always had great service, I definately recommend them, one of the few companies i trust with my car ( I prefer to work on my own cars but due to the low mileage and value of this one, i need to keep the service history up incase i decide to sell it ).

mattyboy199 said:
s3steve - I saw your car today mate looks as though they were aligning the wheels, nice example btw.

Yeah it had a full four wheel align after the tie bars were fitted, they had the car a few hours longer than expected due to them finding a worn wheel bearing that was a real pain to change. Shame I missed you would have liked a closer look at your car didnt get a chance on tuesday morning.

Did you enjoy the drive home mate? I remember my drive home after the remap it was awesome smiling all the way overtaking everything in sight.

S3Steve said:
Yeah it had a full four wheel align after the tie bars were fitted, they had the car a few hours longer than expected due to them finding a worn wheel bearing that was a real pain to change. Shame I missed you would have liked a closer look at your car didnt get a chance on tuesday morning.

Did you enjoy the drive home mate? I remember my drive home after the remap it was awesome smiling all the way overtaking everything in sight.

Yeah shame really i didnt really hang about to be honest 2hour ish drive + i just wanted to drive the thing but very happy with the results if i hadnt of had the re-map i would still be happy with the service the car feels so good to drive mainly due to the top mounts & gearbox oil being done, everything else was neccesary though.

Just a quick question steve how did you manage 277 ? i m happy with 265 but you must have a few other mods correct ?

It was a really cold february day when i had mine mapped which helped, every cars different mate thats why its best to get a custom map rather than generic. What fuel are you using? Mine was mapped for optimax (now v-power) as thats all i ever use, what sort of peak boost did mike set yours to, mine was set quite high hence the high torque figure.

To be honest mate power figures are only any good for down the pub, how it drives is much more important, my mate had a near identically set up car and it made 272bhp when it was mapped. Weve run the two cars side by side at santa pod and there is nothing in it. The difference in power figures is probably largely down to conditions on the day, the only way to get a true comparison would be to run the two cars on the same rolling road on the same day on after another to negate the differences in conditions, setup etc. You may well find mine and your cars would show very similar figures if run in this way.

Post up your print out mate

Nobody on here ever used Simon at e-maps??

Faultless customer service and far more competitively priced than most 'big' tuners.

If my s3 hadn't been remapped already I'd have got him to do it.

Also won't bull sh*t you with unrealistic claims and knows the standard s3 is peaking out at 265-270bhp.

I run mine on 95ron my company pays & they choose the fuel, as for peak boost i have no idea. They explained that its hard to get good readings when rolling roading cars with a haldex system like you say i would have thought theres nothing in it other than the difference in fuel / air tempreture etc. Looking at the graph it seems power at the wheels & engine power are consistent but i m no pro.

Fuel does make a huge difference.

Stock s3 needs 98 RON. You will probably have lost at least 10hp and a fair wedge of torque on 95 ron.
My BT map found 15hp diff between BR98 and Vpower!