best place to buy crankcase breather filter?????

abdul h ghafoor

Reaction score
I live in teesside and was wondering where is the best place to buy a crankcase breather filter from. I have a small oil leak (about size of 50p) every morning after ive used the car. There is no obvious place I can see it comimg from. Ive googled and looked on ebay but cant find it. My car is a 2000 a6 2.5tdi quattro. Any pointers to where to get one would be wundebar.

Just been it gonna cost just over 60 quid and they are gonna order it in for me. Went to audi amd they are charging just over 70 quid.

I endedup not buying new filter. Instead I removed old filter and cleaned it in petrol left it to dry out, cleaned up a treat. When it came out it was coated in a thicker than usual oil, posibly old emulsified oil. I then fitted it back in. Will report back to see if it has helped in reducing oil leaks

You should have used a cutter and remove it completely.

Usually i replace the cotton gauze type with the later- venturi type- as fitted to the later AKE 2001 onwards engines ! Never bother with clogging anymore...

Well it seems to have cured the oil leak, mostly. It leaves a tiny spot if parked up all day. It has helped cleaning up the old filter but not cured the problem.

Usually i replace the cotton gauze type with the later- venturi type- as fitted to the later AKE 2001 onwards engines ! Never bother with clogging anymore...
Chris have you got a part number for the Venturi type? Will that go straight on a AYM?
how often should it be changed?
Cheers.
Wes

Nope, used to have one but cannot find it at the moment ! Basically if you give them a reg from a v6 tdi 180Bhp they should be able to get you the breather, it's named "set of seals" ! U can use the reg number off the cars in my build thread...