Best place to advertise car?

DotNetDude

Reaction score
It's time to sell my A6, just over 3 years old now. I'm not trading it in, and I have a price from WeBuyAnyCar and a better one from Motorway, but I want to see if there are any private buyers. Anyone had any luck selling their car which sits between 25K-30K privately to a cash buyer? if so, what are the best channels to advertise in?

I've got an ad in AutoTrader, but their ad mechanism is really not very good, and geared up for trade sellers as there is very little space to add details about the car. So I was looking at some others such as:
Exchange and Mart
eBay Classified or eBay Auction
GumTree
Facebook

But I'm just not sure whether anyone who is spending that much on a car would look in some of those places.

Anyone used any of those to sell a car of this type of value, or have any thoughts ?

Thanks

Reactions: Sandra
Have you tried Carwow?
Yes, looked at many of the car buying/trade sites. They all use very similar algorithms that simply look at age and mileage, and really don't take into consideration much else. That's why I was looking to see how active the private market is. Carwow offered one of the lowest prices and really wasn't that competitive...