Best place to advertise an S3

grathies

More Points Than Portsmouth FC
Reaction score
Alright guys, not been on here in ages (couldnt get away from the place before) but was after some suggestions on where would be the best place to advertise my S3?

Ive gone for on here and just put one thru on Piston-Heads, I was wondering if its worth me putting it on ebay or not? I know people tend to get alot of timewasters and dreamers on there but I could really do without that (who couldnt tho I guess)

Any advice appreciated, I know a few of you guys on here sold up but stuck around!

Hope all the people I used to have a laugh with are still on here and doing alright!

Ryan

Hello mate where you been? Has been a long time. How come you selling the mtm beast then and importantly what you considering getting. Pistonheads and perhaps autotrader might be an option.

ive had nothing but good experiences advertising on ebay! masses and masses of interest is generated on there! if one in ten people are a time waster, it has to be worth doing right?

good luck

I would only go ebay, only for a classified Ad. Costing £13. Autotrader charge more nearly 3 times as much.

Pistonheads + ebay

The classifieds on this could help and your car will probably go to a good home!!!

Sold a car recently after having it it on ebay, buyer never won the auction but contacted me about it through there.

Alright Rav!

Ive just got to that point now where I dont have an intrest in driving! I drive it to work and back (15mile round trip) 5 days a week and then its parked up while I ****** off down the pub etc. Just not using it as it should and deserves to be. Sold my Golf Rallye on friday so getting rid of all my toys basically, mid life crisis kinda thing I guess (even tho Im 26 lol)

Going to replace it with a bike for work, possibly a Bandit or something that I dont have to worry about, and Im also after a T4 Caravelle as Im doing alot of camping and weekends away at festivals etc so would be of more use to me.

Thanks for the replys guys, looks like I may have misjudged the whole eBay thing, will give the classifieds a look, got the pictures and advert all written out so could have it up on there quickly!

Am I allowed to post that up here? I think the last time I was on here there was a clamp down on people actually advertising cars (even just with prices) on the main forum as there is an actual classifieds section (which is it has just been advertised in)

Cant advertise on the forums no. I found my S3 on the bay though, didnt see it anywhere else so lucky and glad it was on ebay.

now then china!!!! hope ya keeping well...... been listenin to ya loads on the drive home recently (Radio 1)

Cheers guys!

Glad youve been enjoying the show Tim ;) Ill try and get a song dedicated to you! Ive been alright thanks mate, usual stuff, trying to keep out of trouble!

but has it been working!!!...... :)

i thought you'd sold this pile of crap ages ago??? decided what ya gonna get next or are you just gonna stick with the Golf

Jealousy and your CustardCode remap wont get you anywhere fast sweetie :p

I never actually got round to advertising it when I wanted to sell before and then I changed my mind anyway! When I lost my flat etc it wasnt high on my list of things to do.

Sold the Rallye now, for the first time since I was 14 I only have one car and no Volkswagen!

Want a Caravelle for weekends away, a bike to get to work and back and Ive been offered my mates Beetle so I can return to my aircooled roots.

And you know me, always in trouble with some girls parents :p

yes mate, as much as you try and inset that theory that you are infact straight.... ;)

blimey fella, it will be like the hill billies outside your place, are you talking a proper bike or a Mop-head..... would love a camper, mates got a newer shape van converted pimped up, as much as i hate pimp it does look ace.... would love a twin window version

Proper bike mate, used to have a Ninja but got into a spot of bother, long story. Anyway back to wanting a bike again, fancy a Triumph Speed Tripple for blating to work on and the odd weekend run out. The 'Velle will be fairly new, havent got the sort of cash Split Screens are going for now, I can remember 15 years ago watching my brothers garage cut them up for scrap metal as no one wanted them!

And stop wishing I was hetrosexually-challenged! Its not my fault Im good looking and well dressed!

Anyway, bit the bullet and put it up as a classified on eBay, now to see how many adverts I get offering me stupid cars as PXs

definately worth putting a classfies ad on ebay. Get some timewasters but not too many.

I took a speed triple out a while ago, a cracking bike.

The new caravelles in toffee brown are quite sexual, but big money.

image02.jpg

good luck with your sale

lol @ Tim still getting grief over custard code

Glad to hear it, never let him forget it ;) I actually still had that signature image Tim from "back in the day" with the Custom Code and Revo parody, made me laugh

Thanks SportsTractor, will see how eBay does for me. The new Velle is lovely, bit too expensive tho!

Now got it up on here, eBay, PistonHeads and VZi so will just play the waiting game now. Cheers to all for the eBay suggestion

T4 and T5s are great I have had both, now settled with a T5 lwb 2.5td what a great tool