Best photoshop to have?

AudiLad

Reaction score
im in the middle of downloading adobe CS3 currently,what are the best and most straight forward to use,ive never used photoshop before
tar

If you have never used photoshop before you might be better using photoshop elements, its a lot easier to use and will do all you need.

Depends what you are looking to do with it - you need CS2+ to handle RAW image files etc if you're a keen photographer.

If you don't know the program that well i'd say stick with CS3 and learn how to use that, i've been using it since version 5 or 6 and when CS came out I struggled and thought it was overly complex but soon got the hang of it again.

if you need any help with photoshopping cars check out digimods.co.uk there bible is awesome most thing should be relevant for CS3 i use CS2

As a amateur "Tog" I suggest you visit Amazon and get yourself a couple of manuals and do some serious reading, if you haven't used it before it will pop your head!:p

CS2 is excellent but not drastically different to the previous versions if you just want to mock up car styling.

All depends on the system you're running it on. Every new version of Photoshop seems to require a more powerful system. I used version 7 for years even when CS2 had been released.

I second technics100's advice of starting off with elements. It should help ease the learning curve.