Best option for s3 suspension

g60leigh

Reaction score
I know this has been looked at and discount the past. But all the information is pretty dated. Like all things in the tuning world, companies make improvements to their products etc.

I'm looking at changing my coil overs soon and want opinions on what currently the best out there (within reason)

Thinking of getting the bilstein/eibach combo but am curios if anything newer is better??

I think everyone has stuck to what's proven. kW V3 are good coo lovers for handling but compromise comfort. I have b8's and H&r springs, that's good for me tbh. I hardly corner hard in the car Anymore tbh.

I think everyone has stuck to what's proven. kW V3 are good coo lovers for handling but compromise comfort. I have b8's and H&r springs, that's good for me tbh. I hardly corner hard in the car Anymore tbh.

What kind of auto correct was coo lovers????

Reactions: Gops
Bc coilovers are on my tick list if i ever decide of im keeping the ****** car!!
Prawn fitted some recently and was pleasantly surprised!!

Haha haha this phone is messed up!

Reactions: daz-20vt
Everyone recommends what they have :laugh:

My advice is spend lots. You get what you pay for.

Personally, I wouldn't be fitting a shock and spring kit, you get what you get and can't alter the height at all. That's by appeal to me.

The H&R mono tubes fitted to Jardos S3 gave the best ride I've ever known from an S3. They were sublime.

The v3's on my track car also ride far better than any sub £800 coilovers I've experienced.

It's a very subjective question....

I have a set of coilovers on now. Made by an Australian company I think - XYZ. Seem ok but are a little harsh for me, although could be sorted by winding them up a little.

I will mainly be using as a daily but with the odd spirited drive and track day thrown in.

I like the coil over adjustment but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing on adjusting them to make them better so haven't touched them.

I could stretch my budget to £800 mark if that will get me a well proven set up.

St?
Made by kw and under 800 from memory?

If I was buying again, I'd be going for KW V3s. I have H&R RSS Clubsports which were designed for the Nurburgring (what isn't these days?) and have mega high spring rates (1140lb/in front and 685 lb/in rear from memory) so aren't the nicest on the road. From what I've read the KW V3s are a little more comfortable yet still awesome on track.

There's a dude desperately trying to sell a set on Vortex for $1500 shipped (US) that have two brand new front struts (and one rebuilt spare). It's a good deal. I'd be buying them if I wasn't sinking all my cash into a seemingly never ending engine and gearbox build.

Xyz, fairly cheap crap to be honest.

The term 'coil overs' is about as generic as 'car' sadly.

Decent quality coilovers are going to give a far better ride then a cheap shock and spring kit.

Likewise decent shocks and springs will ride better than any budget coilovers.

Reactions: g60leigh
I had cheap Fk coilovers and they were that crap they were literally dangerous, far too bouncy.
Im on Koni STRT Shocks and Eibach springs and the daily drive in comfortable and they are tight enough in the twistys.
Yet to do a track day so cant comment when pushed hard!

Would love a set of KW or HR monos

Did anyone see those coil overs Mike brewer bought for that 993 targa? £3k!!!!!! Custom made but really!!? That's too much imo. Kw v3 for you!

I know this has been looked at and discount the past. But all the information is pretty dated. Like all things in the tuning world, companies make improvements to their products etc.

I'm looking at changing my coil overs soon and want opinions on what currently the best out there (within reason)

Thinking of getting the bilstein/eibach combo but am curios if anything newer is better??

What's your budget and what is the car used for, road or road and track?

Damian @ DPM Performance

I have a set of coilovers on now. Made by an Australian company I think - XYZ. Seem ok but are a little harsh for me, although could be sorted by winding them up a little.

I will mainly be using as a daily but with the odd spirited drive and track day thrown in.

I like the coil over adjustment but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing on adjusting them to make them better so haven't touched them.

I could stretch my budget to £800 mark if that will get me a well proven set up.
What's your budget and what is the car used for, road or road and track?

Damian @ DPM Performance
@DPM daily driver with spirited drives and track days occasionally. About £800 budget.

Did anyone see those coil overs Mike brewer bought for that 993 targa? £3k!!!!!! Custom made but really!!? That's too much imo. Kw v3 for you!

Quantum Racing

Gops, have a look at Ohlins then ;)

They only do their Road and Track stuff for Golf 6+ platform

Shame, same price range as KW v3 and looks like you'd expect from ohlins

Hadn't seen the road and track stuff. I was referring to their "proper" setups like the TTX, which are pretty pricey. Checkout the Audi B5 platform pricing. Most of the time you're looking at $5k+ hence saying that.

Reactions: snowy