Best Oil for a 96 A4 1.8T Sport?

• Thread starter imported_bpascua
  • Start date
I

imported_bpascua

Hello All,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have just bought an A4 (96) 1.8T with 74k and fsh. I was wondering if its best to use synthethic oil in the car as I was thinking of changing the oil? or is it generally recommended to just keep whateve Audi tip in there? I am new to this so any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Brian

I changed the oil myself on mine with Castrol long life fully synth (0-30w). The engine is obviously pretty important so why skimp on using non synth oil. Use oil that at least meets their spec.

Get the best oil that you can to keep the engine and turbo running in tip top condition...

Hello,

I dont mind how expensive the oil is, what I was interested in was what was the best oil for the engine (early 1.8T). Bearing in mind its a 96 1.8T and will have had Audi oil in there from new I thought it might be risky to start tipping fully synthetic oil in there and possibly provoc leaks etc. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Brian

Switch to synthetic, but don't mix them. Synthetic polymers don't break down as easily as organic oils.