Best oil for 2.0T?

thehogester

Reaction score
I've owned my car for nearly a year now, and time to give it a service. Which oil do you all suggest using? Im quite confused by the Audi spec numbers, the manual gives me 4 options?? Which oil and air filters brands do you use whilst im asking?

Thanks in advance for any help :icon_thumright:

You can use the OEM Audi filter which is £11-12 over the counter. Thou Audi use MANN filters for our vehicles so you could just order it from someone in the likes of Euro Car Parts etc which is £4.58. It just doesnt have the Audi stamp on it.

As for oil again this one can be tricky. So I will ask what sort of mileage do you do a year? And how often do you change your oil or plan too?

You can use the OEM Audi filter which is £11-12 over the counter. Thou Audi use MANN filters for our vehicles so you could just order it from someone in the likes of Euro Car Parts etc which is £4.58. It just doesnt have the Audi stamp on it.

As for oil again this one can be tricky. So I will ask what sort of mileage do you do a year? And how often do you change your oil or plan too?

Around 6,000 miles, and ill change it yearly. I've seen MANN filters pop up quite regularly during my google searches.

Well euro car parts is your best bet as its free delivery unless you know a place to get it from for less than £4.58.

If you want to run on a variable service which is under 9000 miles a year its suggested to run on either 5w40 or you can use 0w40.

And the vehicle takes 4.5 litres with a filter change.

I personally use 0w40 by Mobil 1 New life mainly because of cold start ups or just in general to keep the oil thin as possible to get to the chain tensioner as fast as possible and the oil can move were it needs to be. As well as the fact it comes in 5 litres were as castrol edge is only 4 litre bottle which means you have to buy a 4 litre plus a 1 litre

But in america it is the only oil they use or liqui moly in these engines as they swear by it. But liqui moly is not easily available here.
Also if you car has high oil consumption I find the above oils seem to not "drink or disseapear" as much.lol

Well euro car parts is your best bet as its free delivery unless you know a place to get it from for less than £4.58.

If you want to run on a variable service which is under 9000 miles a year its suggested to run on either 5w40 or you can use 0w40.

And the vehicle takes 4.5 litres with a filter change.

I personally use 0w40 by Mobil 1 New life mainly because of cold start ups or just in general to keep the oil thin as possible to get to the chain tensioner as fast as possible and the oil can move were it needs to be. As well as the fact it comes in 5 litres were as castrol edge is only 4 litre bottle which means you have to buy a 4 litre plus a 1 litre

But in america it is the only oil they use or liqui moly in these engines as they swear by it. But liqui moly is not easily available here.
Also if you car has high oil consumption I find the above oils seem to not "drink or disseapear" as much.lol

Every website i've entered my reg into has suggested 5w30??

Any website will suggest 5w30 because its long life oil.

As they suspect you will follow the 2 year guide line. But on these websites you putting the information in are you specifying that you changing it every 6000 miles? I bet not.

Any website will suggest 5w30 because its long life oil.

As they suspect you will follow the 2 year guide line. But on these websites you putting the information in are you specifying that you changing it every 6000 miles? I bet not.

Ahhh i see! No it didnt ask me that. Thanks for the advice :icon_thumright: