Best oil for 2.0 143

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Guys what is the recommended or best oil for the 2.0 diesel?

I believe it is 5w30?

The best is an expensive ester oil .

But VW's top spec 507.00 5w30 LongLife is great stuff .

Ester's £55-£80 5L from Opie Oils.

507.00 Comline on egay £22 and oem Quantum LongLife III £26 , 5 L .

Prefer to buy in store mate, if you know any offers in store

I have a halfords trade card but not sure what discount I would get on oil

Asda actually sell 507.00 .

£26 , 5L , IIRC

20141106 110724

I don't think I would put asda oil in my audi haha

I know what you mean but 507.00 is 507.00.

It gets tested for approval costing many thousands to submit to VW and produced in bulk the same as anyone else .

Reactions: Arrkon and S3 AEX
The last time I was chatting to Pat, Aaron. Audi have started using Shell Oil lately and that's what's running in mine at the moment seems a good oil now! I will dig out the receipt to get the full spec!

vw sell shell helix 5/30 as well as quantum. quantum is made by castrol apparantly.when i had my last service at audi they put quantum in unbeknown to me, and as soon as i found out i had it drained as it just didnt seem to run smooth.have a can of mobil 1 to try and see if any better than shell.asda oil might meet the specs, but so does supermarket fuel an we all know how shyte that is

Yea I agree about the Asda oil and the fuel comparison!lol .. The Shell for me now seems fine, meets the specs and the engine seems smooth and quite I can't complain!

Prefer to buy in store mate, if you know any offers in store

I have a halfords trade card but not sure what discount I would get on oil

Guys what is the recommended or best oil for the 2.0 diesel?

I believe it is 5w30?
If you really want the bee's knees then it would be the nano oils that cost a arm and a leg. ... But for the average driver stick to VAG spec. Oils for YOUR build of engine, and change every 10 k

If you really want the bee's knees then it would be the nano oils that cost a arm and a leg. ... But for the average driver stick to VAG spec. Oils for YOUR build of engine, and change every 10 k

Which Nano oil would you recommend ?

Price wise if you are looking to save cash, buy it from a Skoda garage instead of Audi, I got a 1L bottle for £12 inc VAT, whilst my Audi dealer was wanting £16!

Check eBay as well - I managed to pick up a 1L bottle of Castrol SLXIII (VW507.00 spec) for £10 including postage a while ago.

Well, have changed my shell helix to mobil 1 and i must say it runs much smoother and quieter.Well happy with it