Facelift Best MPG? A3 hatchback or saloon 1.4 tfsi?

puppervskittens

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning to get the A3 saloon 2017 1.4 tsfi auto or the a3 hatch 1.4 tfsi 2017 auto and I was wondering which car gives best fuel? I drive around 20miles per day and less than 10k per year if that helps. Appreciate everyones help.

Hi I'm planning to get the A3 saloon 2017 1.4 tsfi auto or the a3 hatch 1.4 tfsi 2017 auto and I was wondering which car gives best fuel? I drive around 20miles per day and less than 10k per year if that helps. Appreciate everyones help.

I have a PFL A3 Sportback 1.4tfsi (2014, 125ps). On a long route the max it has given me is 520 miles from Dundee to Oxford and including a few days local driving after the journey. As it is used as a daily mainly by Mrs for school and others bits with 10 miles max per day it gives me around 340-370 miles depending on the weather. Oh, and my Mrs has a slightly heavy foot . My average with local + Motorway miles is between 370-410 miles again, depending on who is driving the car.

If anything, I'd expect the PFL to be slightly better than the PFL.

I would say the difference between the hatch and the saloon is negligible. Go for the shape you prefer (which in my case would definitely be the saloon!)