Best intercooler for 8V?

The Iroz intercooler does however need a US crash bar on UK cars. It is around £150. Thats probably the only downside, mega cooler though!

My only problem was the shipping charges
FE692B20 5596 406E AFB0 3413AE5BCF54

My only problem was the shipping charges View attachment 156274

Would have been cheaper to have flown out and collected it yourself! :yes:

Interesting comments on the Wagner IC, it looks well made but I have always wondered about the size of it and potential pressure drop issues.
For my facelift car I will probably opt for the Forge FMINT4 IC again, it performed well (consistent) on my pfl car, the only downside was that the black satin paint came off it really easily.

Reactions: T-800
The Iroz intercooler is the best in the market at the moment. Real Garrett core. Not something from a Chinese catalogue.

The Wagner core is huge and I wouldn't fit one to my car again. Due to the amount of air that needs to be pressurised across that core there is noticeable lag, this is more noticeable with a bigger turbo. I didn't actually realise how much this affected my car until I went back to stock intercooler with the big turbo in situ.

If all goes well this year I'll be building another TTRS to circa 700hp, full Iroz spec. I can't wait!

I can't decide which way to go with the IC. My plan is to go for a TTE500. I have seen a car with TTE500 making around 500 hp on the stock IC but it can probably only do that in one pull.
What is your opinion on the Hperformance IC? It has about the same volume as the Wagner.
Do you know if it is necessary to remove foam and plastic trim from the bumper? (Like the Forge IC).

Contact Iroz directly, they will look after you. The shipping fees on the website are wrong.

I can't decide which way to go with the IC. My plan is to go for a TTE500. I have seen a car with TTE500 making around 500 hp on the stock IC but it can probably only do that in one pull.
What is your opinion on the Hperformance IC? It has about the same volume as the Wagner.
Do you know if it is necessary to remove foam and plastic trim from the bumper? (Like the Forge IC).

I would try and get the Iroz! Proven core. You don't need to remove anything behind the bumper with the Iroz cooler

1000hp core for a car that will see 550hp is overkill, you introduce lag/pressure drop! STM cooler would be good for the extreme builds though!

1000hp core for a car that will see 550hp is overkill, you introduce lag/pressure drop! STM cooler would be good for the extreme builds though!

Exactly:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got the Wagner intercooler fitted.

Attachments

• BF4FBB83-FEC9-46C4-A154-F80ABDAD0505.jpeg
    BF4FBB83-FEC9-46C4-A154-F80ABDAD0505.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 967
  • 48DC4921-C0F6-44B1-94EA-B8D9788E25F7.jpeg
    48DC4921-C0F6-44B1-94EA-B8D9788E25F7.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 631
I'm just not keen on the Wagner cooler. It's massive! is tube and fin design and to top it all is probably the most expensive cooler I've looked at. For less money I imagine the Forge or Airtec cooler will give an adequate performance result for the level of tune I'll be running, no higher than stage 2. They can also be had for anything up to £450 cheaper than the Wagner. Then there is the unwanted size difference...

Tuners do like the Wagner though :help:

Was hoping that someone was already running the Airtec unit and had some results with it they could share.

Lots seem to use forge and get very good results.

Lots seem to use forge and get very good results.
This was my preference but all suppliers I've tried (including Forge) are quoting a 4-5 week lead time. I have my car booked in for mapping on the 23rd July.

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar
This was my preference but all suppliers I've tried (including Forge) are quoting a 4-5 week lead time. I have my car booked in for mapping on the 23rd July.

I have a Wagner FL, new, and still in it’s box. If it’s of any help I’d sell it for £1200 plus shipping.

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Wagner appear to be listening to the critics that the RS3 does not need much extra in the way of intercooler volume for the lower end tuning, and released this smaller model with only 57% increase in volume:
http://www.wagner-tuning.uk/200001107.html

Reactions: jimojameso, EdmundVR4, RS4B5 and 1 other person
Much more sensible price, too. Would be interesting to see if it works as well, or nearly as well at say stage 1 levels of tune.

Wagner appear to be listening to the critics that the RS3 does not need much extra in the way of intercooler volume for the lower end tuning, and released this smaller model with only 57% increase in volume:

That intercooler looks good. Who's going to be the first one to take the plunge? I might go for this one. It's good you don't lose the crash bar aswell:)

I like that IC too, nice and subtle and stock looking.

I am tempted to get one even though I am not in the market to go stage 1 remap, I am sure it would help keep temps down.

Reactions: jimojameso
BE CAREFUL!

The new Wagner i/c is only 650€ from Warner Germany, and £561 from AP Tuning UK.
Wagner UK are ripping you off with their £775 price....

Reactions: jimojameso
Still want to see some numbers from tie to see how it performs...

BE CAREFUL!

The new Wagner i/c is only 650€ from Warner Germany, and £561 from AP Tuning UK.
Wagner UK are ripping you off with their £775 price....
Apologies to all - I am afraid that the German distributers do not make it as clear as the UK that the intercooler at 650€ is for the older RS3...

Possibly Sandra, if you read this, you can delete this and my earlier post?

Has anyone purchased this as of yet?

Looking in to an intercooler from having spoken to Eco tune after my stage 1 APR and interested in tad more power as well as keeping the cars performance consistent. Will this still perform as well as those prices at 1300 from Wagner etc?

Reactions: SteveCerq

Looking in to an intercooler from having spoken to Eco tune after my stage 1 APR and interested in tad more power as well as keeping the cars performance consistent. Will this still perform as well as those prices at 1300 from Wagner etc?

Without having any testing, you'll never know, however...

If you're only at stage 1 (or stage 1+ if you change the mapping to suit) it'll be likely you'd get very little improvement if you switched from the smaller Wagner intercooler to one of the larger one's from any manufacturer as the engine wouldn't need that extra cooling capacity.

Obviously if you're in a hotter country than the UK, things would still improve but for the UK that intercooler would be more than ample on Stage 1 (and probably on Stage 2).

Reactions: FBF01

Yes, I bought one, but not yet fitted it. It is on my list of things to do on a rainy day.

Reactions: SteveCerq and FBF01
My friend bought airtec IC and isn't happy about it, says it's incosistent in keeping the temperatures. Maybe bad unit, hard to tell.

I will either go with forge or wagner evo3, aiming to go stage3 (with hybrid turbo). I think wagner evo1 is too small for the job (?)

Would be good to see some before and after dyno runs with the Evo1

Reactions: FBF01
D45faac2 602f 46d8 9b70 f92b9f851c4e
i run the evo3 wagner.. easy install, no issues and good for well over what im pumping out bhp wise atm..

When did you buy this special turbo ? Love to see it as sounds interesting any images?

Installed Wagner EVO3 , I live in Malta in a hot and humid climate , this gave a better punch and I am sure its doing it job very well , before installing this I was having my IAT at 65 Deg which is way too much , now I need to log again , and btw.....I didnt notice any Turbo Lag either , and car is running REVO 1+ Beta Map

Fitting was easy too and without any issue

Attachments

• IMG_9657.jpg
    IMG_9657.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 479
Reactions: b11mey and EdmundVR4
DH Automotive RS3 TTE700 is using EVO 3 at over 700Hp no issues

100-200kmh 5.4sec 99 fuel (no wmi)

Reactions: 3SR
Installed Wagner EVO3 , I live in Malta in a hot and humid climate , this gave a better punch and I am sure its doing it job very well , before installing this I was having my IAT at 65 Deg which is way too much , now I need to log again , and btw.....I didnt notice any Turbo Lag either , and car is running REVO 1+ Beta Map

Fitting was easy too and without any issue

Sorry to post something off topic, but what does the revo 1+ beta map have as extra?

I will install the Wagner Evo1 on my RS3 FL in March/April and will report.

Reactions: D0C and SteveCerq
Sounds good! - be great to hear some feedback before I take the plunge.

Anyone else already installed it?

I installed the Wagner Tuning Evo 1 Intercooler on my PFL with APR Stage 1 about two weeks ago. Removing the bumper was the hardest part of the installation. I haven't had a chance to really run the RS3... too much traffic, but I trust it's doing it's job.
Hope to go to the track soon and see if my laps get quicker...

Reactions: illingworth22