Best induction kit and remap?

jaysonD

Reaction score
Hey!
My phones been weird with loading the search bar so I thought I'd start my own post to find my anwser !
Basically mid July I'm going to start working on my 2.0t Quattro with the many plans I've got for it. I know there isn't a dump valve for this engine but was on the understanding that i would get a swoosh noise from a induction kit ! Performance wise I was trying to hope to get close to 300hp, decided I will eventually get a straight through decat milltek but unsure on the best place for a remap or induction kit? Been looking and amd offer a 60hp increase for £400 while revo are offering a 50-80hp increase for £500!
Any of you boys used any of these and what's your experiences!

An induction kit would definitely give you the noise you are looking for, but it's completely up to you what brand you go for. The Revo ones seem to be getting a good rep at the minute. With regards to a map they are all very similar so again it just depends what you prefer most and are willing to pay. I love mine with the Revo Stage 1 map.

The only thing I will say is the best you can expect from our turbo is around 280hp as the wee K03 turbo struggles to produce much more after that. To get there you will need a full turbo back exhaust system (either decat or sports cat), a decent intake, an intercooler, an uprated high pressure fuel pump and a decent stage 2 map.

Reactions: jaysonD
Lovely
An induction kit would definitely give you the noise you are looking for, but it's completely up to you what brand you go for. The Revo ones seem to be getting a good rep at the minute. With regards to a map they are all very similar so again it just depends what you prefer most and are willing to pay. I love mine with the Revo Stage 1 map.

The only thing I will say is the best you can expect from our turbo is around 280hp as the wee K03 turbo struggles to produce much more after that. To get there you will need a full turbo back exhaust system (either decat or sports cat), a decent intake, an intercooler, an uprated high pressure fuel pump and a decent stage 2 map.
lovely brilliant reply mate thanks for that one! What sort of power gains was you getting after your stage one revo?!

Reactions: dirtnap
Lovely brilliant reply mate thanks for that one! What sort of power gains was you getting after your stage one revo?!

I'm running about 255hp at the minute. It ran a 250 on the first run and then a 260 on the second run on the dyno so I say 255 :)

Would probably be better and more consistent power readings if I got a better intercooler as he said it suffers from heat soak a bit.

It sounds like the noise you were hoping for was the sound of the pressure being released from an atmospheric dump valve. Our engines have a recirculating diverter valve which is much quieter, some aftermarket valves will improve that noise but it will never be as loud as a traditional dump valve. An intake kit will change the induction roar some, as will deleting the pre-cat. Forget about 300hp on the K03, it is possible but much easier to just get the K04 fitted instead. I have run my turbo to 100% with the wastegate clamped shut, only good for 265hp, the turbo is just to small to get to 300hp.

It sounds like the noise you were hoping for was the sound of the pressure being released from an atmospheric dump valve. Our engines have a recirculating diverter valve which is much quieter, some aftermarket valves will improve that noise but it will never be as loud as a traditional dump valve. An intake kit will change the induction roar some, as will deleting the pre-cat. Forget about 300hp on the K03, it is possible but much easier to just get the K04 fitted instead. I have run my turbo to 100% with the wastegate clamped shut, only good for 265hp, the turbo is just to small to get to 300hp.
What about the ko3s turbo? Heard it was a straight bolt on?

Induction kits add little performance but do add noise if that's what your looking for.
You would need to run sprayed water to get close to 300bhp badger5 do a neat kit that goes in the boot and you just hit the button to inject the water. Very trick but not cheap. Not sure what the gains are though

Induction kits add little performance but do add noise if that's what your looking for.
You would need to run sprayed water to get close to 300bhp badger5 do a neat kit that goes in the boot and you just hit the button to inject the water. Very trick but not cheap. Not sure what the gains are though
Inject water?! Never heard of this! What does it do?!

I have done a fair bit of reading about the K03s and it seems as though they are comparable in performance but actual figures are hard to come by. I have often considered making the jump to 300hp as well, and there is an easy way, and a hard way. The hard way is keeping the K03, pushing the turbo to the limit, full turbo back exhaust, S3 intercooler and injectors , HPFP and injecting water/meth to cool the air charge. The easy way is to put in a K04, an S3 conversion basically with supporting modifications and a remap.

It coolers the turbo so it is more efficient I believe or something along those lines

First thing I found about it
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135821

Give bill at badger 5 a call he will let you all the details
http://www.badger-5.com

Not quite.

What you're describing and what Bill is selling,is a water/methanol injection kit.
Now the way this works is two-fold.....

A pressurised 50/50 mix of methanol and water is injected into the airflow,post intercooler,and is atomised there.

Firstly,water has a very high heat of vaporisation,and as it does so,it will cool the incoming airstream,which has been heated by being compressed in the turbocharger.
Cooling the air results in a denser air charge,i.e more,cooler air going into the engine.

Secondly,the effective RON rating of the fuel is raised by adding methanol,by up to 10 or more points.

So.....you increase air density,cool the air,and raise the RON.

Bill sells these kits,but lots of others do as well,and I've used an AEM water meth kit on my car for some years.
It's triggered to come in progressively at 0.5bar,and to top out at maximum boost,and is run automatically,under it's own controller...there is no button to press.

Controller here....

P1000605a.jpg

Tank here.....

P1000602.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtnap and Mario8P
Our engines have a recirculating diverter valve which is much quieter, some aftermarket valves will improve that noise but it will never be as loud as a traditional dump valve.

Let him try it first, it may be plenty loud enough! I know with my windows down mine certainly is! Im running the GFB DV+

Diverter valves will always be quieter than old school dump valves due to the way they work.
The bulk of the wheezing and squeaking on cars such as ours occurs when the boost is raised,and comes mostly from the compressor,especially as it's worked towards it's limits.

Let him try it first, it may be plenty loud enough! I know with my windows down mine certainly is! Im running the GFB DV+
I have brought a forge blow off valve looks similar to the DV+ but was apparently meant to be louder but I literally get no noise from it at all, even with the windows down quite disappointing really! No leaks on my turbo or anything !

Not quite.

What you're describing and what Bill is selling,is a water/methanol injection kit.
Now the way this works is two-fold.....

A pressurised 50/50 mix of methanol and water is injected into the airflow,post intercooler,and is atomised there.

Firstly,water has a very high heat of vaporisation,and as it does so,it will cool the incoming airstream,which has been heated by being compressed in the turbocharger.
Cooling the air results in a denser air charge,i.e more,cooler air going into the engine.

Secondly,the effective RON rating of the fuel is raised by adding methanol,by up to 10 or more points.

So.....you increase air density,cool the air,and raise the RON.

Bill sells these kits,but lots of others do as well,and I've used an AEM water meth kit on my car for some years.
It's triggered to come in progressively at 0.5bar,and to top out at maximum boost,and is run automatically,under it's own controller...there is no button to press.

Controller here....

P1000605a.jpg

Tank here.....

P1000602.jpg
Tell you what you can learn loads on this site it's crazy, more than anything on the Facebook one... How much are the prices for one of these kits roughly?

Tell you what you can learn loads on this site it's crazy, more than anything on the Facebook one... How much are the prices for one of these kits roughly?

For technical help, knowledge waaaaay deep, friendliness and just a general willingness to indulge and share, this site is Legend.

No grief, just knowledge shared. :)
(well done Sandra and thank you S3Alex) :hi:

Reactions: S3Alex
I have brought a forge blow off valve looks similar to the DV+ but was apparently meant to be louder but I literally get no noise from it at all, even with the windows down quite disappointing really! No leaks on my turbo or anything !

That is really strange. Alex would know more about the Forge as he runs one, or at least did run one, not sure whats in his beast now! What im running is in my sig and when I have my windows down It def is plenty loud, to the point I try to keep the car off boost when driving around local roads!! Did you say you got an induction kit? What about a TBE? Sorry couldnt be bothered reading past posts haha.

That is really strange. Alex would know more about the Forge as he runs one, or at least did run one, not sure whats in his beast now! What im running is in my sig and when I have my windows down It def is plenty loud, to the point I try to keep the car off boost when driving around local roads!! Did you say you got an induction kit? What about a TBE? Sorry couldnt be bothered reading past posts haha.
Yeah it's proper strange! My mates a mechanics aswell and doesn't know why it's so quite or nothing at all! What are you running in yours?? But haha no not yet so undecided on what to spend my money on! As K&N is cheaper but still undecided weather it's worth saving for a better one!

I have the DV+ and a Neuspeed intake on my A3 and it sounds awesome! Definitely loud enough! Have you got an intake on yet as if not, this might be why you can't hear any noise.

From around £350 up to about £500 depending on options.

I've still got the old Forge DV in there,and it's still working just fine after about 50 000 miles.

It doesn't make much noise at all,although for those fixated on the noise you can buy a spacer which does make some noise,but doesn't add power or anything other than a bit of noise.

Yeah it's proper strange! My mates a mechanics aswell and doesn't know why it's so quite or nothing at all! What are you running in yours?? But haha no not yet so undecided on what to spend my money on! As K&N is cheaper but still undecided weather it's worth saving for a better one!
Ahhhh dude thats totally your problem!! When you say K&N do you mean a panel filter to fit in the OEM airbox? Cause that wont work either. You need one one of the cone type ones from the likes of Revo, ITG, CTS etc etc, THAT is what you're missing dude. You will hear all sorts of noises when you get one of those fitted!

Ahhhh dude thats totally your problem!! When you say K&N do you mean a panel filter to fit in the OEM airbox? Cause that wont work either. You need one one of the cone type ones from the likes of Revo, ITG, CTS etc etc, THAT is what you're missing dude. You will hear all sorts of noises when you get one of those fitted!

That depends on how the car is set up,and what it's running.

I can honestly say that exhaust and engine noise aside,mine is quieter on the induction side than ever.

No snorting,wheezing or squeaking....that's down to the lack of compressor stall and surge that make up a lot of the noises from a smaller turbo.

From what he has said, I think the induction kit is the missing link to the noise that hes after. His set up resembles mine and I know when I put the induction kit on the noises started to happen.