Best Headlights..?

cdewar8

Reaction score
Im looking to change the bulbs on my a3, sick of the yellow looking lights..anyone know of any decent headlights that look similar to hid kits and are alot brighter? Pictures and links would be helpful cheers :D

You looking to buy new pair of headlights, or changing the halogen bulbs to more white color?
If you want new headlights, buy a pair of oem bi-xenon's. You can find some on ebay or breakers.
As for bulbs, I have been using nightbreaker from OSRAM. Or philips x-treme vision.

Just looking to change the bulbs! Cheers for that any links or websites to find decent bulbs?

I can help sort this :)

I am the forum sponsor that sorts most lighting for the members here.

PM me and we can discuss options.

trups

Reactions: Phil-1

trups

I got my H7 halogens from him, and i can say for one they are brilliant, they actually look crystal white and had great output, and were still cheaper than phillips etc.

Reactions: t8ups
I unfortunately did not get mine from trups as I didn't know he did them at the time; I can tell you Philips diamond and osram night breakers, both a bit of a let down, better than standard but defo not as white as they'd have you believe! Definitely go to trups!

Reactions: t8ups
Ye nightbreakers looked very yellow at daytime. But when it was dark it looked more white than standard

Any one have pics of the bulbs working on their car?

Looking to buy a set from T8ups, slightly concerned about what police might do? warning? Fine?

Any input guys?

Any one have pics of the bulbs working on their car?

Looking to buy a set from T8ups, slightly concerned about what police might do? warning? Fine?

Any input guys?

Police? Are you planning on smuggling heroin inside the bulbs?

If not then im not sure why the police would be involved.

Reactions: t8ups and RS3dan
Police? Are you planning on smuggling heroin inside the bulbs?

If not then im not sure why the police would be involved.

Because they are not legal... Don't conform to some pishy standard and are not E marked.

trups

I have got all my bulbs from t8ups
Can't fault the price and quality

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408533310394229

Here is a shot of my replacement fog and DLR bulbs

Phil

Reactions: shadow1993
No trouble, but you should never get any trouble, they are replacement bulbs that all.

Will post some photos of the main lights when I return from holiday.

Reactions: shadow1993
No trouble, but you should never get any trouble, they are replacement bulbs that all.

Will post some photos of the main lights when I return from holiday.
Thanks, i will just go ahead and purchase them...

are they better than for example Osram Headlight Bulb (Nightbreaker UNLIMITED - Performance Bulb Set - H7 477) ?

I have Osram night breakers they are a big step up from the originals. I changed both main and dip.

Now your opinion is making my choice much harder, do i go for the osram ones but spend twice as much or go for the set that T8ups is offering at half the price of the osrams from here?

Hey guys,
Fitted the bulbs i got from T8ups...
Within seconds they were smoking so i turned them off.. They left some black deposits on the plastic lenses and when i opened the back cover i could smell burnt plastic 100%,
took the bulb out and the silver coating that is on top of the bulb had burnt off.. Is this normal?
Do i risk burning any wiring since there is twice the load on it as they are 100W not 55W, didn't think about this before!
Also don't want to burn the actual lenses and inserts.

Guys who have these lamps can i have some input?
Cheers

They are not supposed to fit in OE headlight housing, as they are not designed to have more than 55W. You could risk burning the reflector off, damaging the headlight wiring harness++.

Just to add another option, I've got some Autolamps Cobalt II bulbs fitted. They did well in an Auto Express bulb test, and have made a massive difference over the standard bulbs on my car. Much brighter and whiter looking. They come with free matching sidelights bulbs too.
The H7 bulbs are also rated at the correct 55w.
http://www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk/pr/abs-cobalt-blue-499/

I used to use the Philips X-treme Vision. 3350K colour temperature so no real difference but did put a lot more light on the road. I have a new unopened pack which I bought as spares on the A4 before it was written off. Got HID on the new car.

I just don't see how other people never had any problems, were they sent the 55W models ?

Now i got black residue on the plastic reflector if i had not noticed it it would have melted it all...

I just don't see how other people never had any problems, were they sent the 55W models ?

Now i got black residue on the plastic reflector if i had not noticed it it would have melted it all...

All the h7's I have sent are exactly the same as the ones I have sent you buddy.

Unsure what this black residue is also.