Best headlight bulbs for my dtm

*ASH*

Reaction score
Just had the drivers side fail tonight and wondered what you guys recommend, I have the none xenon headlights and to be honest wanted to change them anyway as I don't like the yellowish look of the standard ones.

im after some nice clear white lights but without fitting a hid kit, so just wondered what you lot use, thanks in advance

get oem xenons

get oem xenons

I'd love to mate, the none xenons look rubbish if I'm honest but I'm not clued up on whether it'd be a straight forward job or not and its needed now to be honest so will stick with these for now

I don't think you can legally retrofit Xenons to a car, even if you do go to all the expense of self levelling, washers etc? Not that most people really care about that!

If you just want replacement Halogen bulbs I recommend Osram Nightbreakers, a nice bright white light, look nicer than whatever I've been replacing and light up the road better too.

I don't think you can legally retrofit Xenons to a car, even if you do go to all the expense of self levelling, washers etc? Not that most people really care about that!

If you just want replacement Halogen bulbs I recommend Osram Nightbreakers, a nice bright white light, look nicer than whatever I've been replacing and light up the road better too.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at them, any other suggestions from anyone

Of course the xenons would be the smarter option.

But based on your question. Would definitely consider the osram night breakers or the Phillips competitor product which is called extreme vision or night vision plus. Cant remember off hand.

I hear t8ups is the man to see for sidelight bulbs or anything LED related, does he do LED headlights?
I don't know if I've misunderstood the OP, but I thought he was saying his headlights have failed on one side, as in dipped beam, not sidelights?

I hear t8ups is the man to see for sidelight bulbs or anything LED related, does he do LED headlights?
I don't know if I've misunderstood the OP, but I thought he was saying his headlights have failed on one side, as in dipped beam, not sidelights?

That's correct mate, my headlight is the one that failed, going to pop to halfords in the morn

That's correct mate, my headlight is the one that failed, going to pop to halfords in the morn

Did you get some bulbs sorted in the end?

I usually buy mine online as Halfords don't have a massive selection and are a bit dearer.
Not looking forward to having to do mine when a bulb does go, looks like gaining access to them is tight to say the least!!

Did you get some bulbs sorted in the end?

I usually buy mine online as Halfords don't have a massive selection and are a bit dearer.
Not looking forward to having to do mine when a bulb does go, looks like gaining access to them is tight to say the least!!

I went to halfords and bought a set of lights mate, are meant to be brighter than standard and came with both headlamp bulbs and sidelights, to be honest there not bad and do seem a tad brighter

It is also a right pain to gain access if you have big hands, the sidelights are the hardest but I ended up pulling on the cables to get them out as getting hold of the holder itself was impossible

2013 09 22 124306 1

I couldn't get led side lights to work on my bus, so I used a combination of Tr8ups excellent H7's and Phillips Blue Vision side lamps and I think they are a reasonable match. Had both of them in the Bus for over a year now with no issues, and bare in mind my lights are on constantly due to Swedish law.

BR
Allan

A: Cheaper on line. Look at Ebay.

Another thumbs up for Nightbreakers........far far better than OEM bulbs.