Best front discs for replacing drilled discs?

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Need to replace the front pads and discs,are oem best option? I have the vented and drilled discs and large brakes (same size as old s4). The set up seemed good for what I use it for, but wondered if a better option for the same money our less....

Need to replace the front pads and discs,are oem best option? I have the vented and drilled discs and large brakes (same size as old s4). The set up seemed good for what I use it for, but wondered if a better option for the same money our less....

I upgraded my 3.0 discs and pads all round for some drilled discs, Mintex pads (dont touch redstuff) and i changed all the rubber lines for custom made braided hoses.

Made a hell of a difference and much cheaper than adding bigger discs or messing around.

I found the S4 calipers and standard discs on mine are ****e!, hence just a few changes they seem much better.

I dont think you have a better option razza, maybe try changing your pads or upgrading your lines, but unless you spend £500+ your not going to get anything ground breaking

Seem a good price for the Mtec ones - £210 complete set - link

My discs have a quite a lip on them so may give these a go.

I've been using MTEC drilled discs and HAWK HPS pads for about 8k miles, initial byte from cold is good and when they warm up its even better, I've not felt any fade from the brakes after those spirited drives either. The pads dust less and come with Hawk supplied lubrication. Highly recommended.

I recently fitted Pagid High Carbon discs and matching pads bought from Eurocar parts and I am very impressed with the difference they made over the standard discs and pads.
Good price too.

Audi want over £500 to do the fronts, reckon its excluded from the £259 deal as the parts alone are more than that...anyone had the vented, drilled discs and large pads done under this Audi deal? Sent a query to head office on it as its still only a 2ltr therefore should be in the deal....

Was about to say you should be covered under the fixed price servicing as its up to and including 2ltr engines and no mention of brake sizes etc.

Tbh you would be better ringing 0800 699888 and speak to customer service direct.

Let us know how you get on

What cost at a garage to fit? How long a job is it for a garage fit the fronts discs and pads?

Got front discs and pads fitted at an Indy last week... Hour and a half labour £63 inc vat.

spoke to audi, they said it's the £259 regardless as there's no exceptions and Reading Audi aren't correct. He's going to phone Reading and get back to me, so will wait and see...he's confirmed to me though already, so I'll be pushing for that as the parts were over £300 alone (the total cost was >£500 and only 1hrs labour...)

:sign_unfair: spoke to audi again, he said after speaking to Reading Audi there's no way they can do it for that price due to the size of the discs and that they're drilled and that the pads are also massive....not all special editions had them and therefore they will be excluded form this deal even though it doesn't mention it on the website.

Used this clause on the site: "Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time." looks like I'll not be going OEM then, just need to get a correct price for non OEM replacements...

i spoke to teeside audi and they said they were willing to stick to the fixed price plan for the brakes for my car (220bhp with drilled fronts)
harrogate audi blew my off saying that they would (obviously) loose money. they stated that the front disks and pads alone would cost £560!!! while teeside agreed they can do the same for £249!!! go figure

wow, that's lucky I would get that in writing or get in there quick, I've seen the prices for the parts....and Harrogate are right. I've got a very good relationship with Reading Audi and there's no way they would do it for the fixed price, even the main Audi customer service guy who said originally they should have to stick to it, came back and said there's no way due to the cost of them being prohibitive

I have Mtec's with Black Diamond preditor pads.....awesome stopping power :)

i spoke to teeside audi and they said they were willing to stick to the fixed price plan for the brakes for my car (220bhp with drilled fronts)
harrogate audi blew my off saying that they would (obviously) loose money. they stated that the front disks and pads alone would cost £560!!! while teeside agreed they can do the same for £249!!! go figure

Lol, where do audi get their silly prices from?

Mtec disks(all 4) black edition £170, pads £76, I thought it was a cracking deal so went ahead and brought them
:)