Best Exhaust System

Jays Audi Turbo

I Love Boost :-)
Reaction score
Hi am new to the site and i have just picked up a audi a3 1.8 20v turbo its standard and has had nothing done to it, but i would like some help on the best exhaust system for the car am wanting a good sound and the best performance and is it worth de-catting it etc and i would like some help on best air filter, best bov, best fmic, and a turbo which i can just bolt straight on etc.

Jay

Hi am new to the site and i have just picked up a audi a3 1.8 20v turbo its standard and has had nothing done to it, but i would like some help on the best exhaust system for the car am wanting a good sound and the best performance and is it worth de-catting it etc and i would like some help on best air filter, best bov, best fmic, and a turbo which i can just bolt straight on etc.

Jay

Exhaust - Pipewerx or Blueflame probably. De-cat or sports cat.
Air Filter - The original is fine if replaced when it should be. K&N, Pipercross or Green Cotton are good aftermarket Panel Filters.
BOV - Go for a diverter (re-circulating) valve rather than dump/blow off. Forge 007 is most common.
FMIC - Expensive Forge one or cheaper AH Fabrications one or even cheaper DIY eBay one - all (debatably) fit for purpose.
Turbo - Could have your current one made into a 'hybrid'.

Reactions: Eddie's/s3
Exhaust - Pipewerx or Blueflame probably. De-cat or sports cat.
Air Filter - The original is fine if replaced when it should be. K&N, Pipercross or Green Cotton are good aftermarket Panel Filters.
BOV - Go for a diverter (re-circulating) valve rather than dump/blow off. Forge 007 is most common.
FMIC - Expensive Forge one or cheaper AH Fabrications one or even cheaper DIY eBay one - all (debatably) fit for purpose.
Turbo - Could have your current one made into a 'hybrid'.

Are pipewerx good at there work etc

ive got a green panel filter for sale brand new, £40 deliverd

I always try to get custom exhausts made up by Longlife if I have the dollaringos... I have never been able to fault them, them have always done a great job for me in the past!

just had a quote from a longlife fitter near me, he said it would be roughly £330 for a cat back on an 1.8t a3.
also getting a quote for a vortex system on saturday morning.
I've got a milltek at the moment but find the fitment isnt great.

Are pipewerx good at there work etc

Excellent! Ian Birch who owns Pipewerx's put Blueflame on the map in my eyes, i had a system made by him when he was at Blueflame and had one made for the S3 at pipewerx :) He does LotusS3 conversions, has a twin engined Caddy and did a twin vr6 engined MK3 Golf, making exhausts is childs play to him:)

Got a quote form exhaust uk for a 2.5 bore cat-back with 2 boxes in the system £300 fitted and i asked about a 3.0 bore down pipe with a 200cell sports cat and that fitted was £250-300 so i think i'll go to exhaust uk i've never had any problems with there systems.
Is fitting a cone filter any good or should i fit a good panel filter or go for a inclosed induction kit if the panel filter whats the best on the market for the audi a3.